• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants can meth be used responsibly?

AnrBjotk

Bluelighter
so I have been for a long time extremely depressed... I have an avoidant personality so I feels shitty all the time even though people have told me I'm a 8-9 in real life. but I dont believe it. me so all I could do is to 'treat himself'... I'm currently on remeron and lexapro to help me manage my social anxiety and depression.

I hav had some very good experinces on meth....

can I do it once every few month without any addiction and/or harmful side effect??

If you mean in a recreational sense, I don't think so. Its neurotoxic effects to dopaminergic neurons (especially those in the substantia nigra) are well-documented.

Hi AnrBjotk,

Although meth might make you feel happier while you are on it, after it wears off you are going to feel much much worse. I think your best bet is to speak to your doctor about how your meds aren't working as you'd like.

If you want to turn this thread into the mechanism of how meth chemically effects your brain we can leave it here, otherwise I think it should be moved to The Dark Side where you can get all the support you need.

What do you think?

with that much time in between of course.. you *should* be fine as long as you keep to your schedule.
besides the bad things dokomo said lol.

but as far as addiction goes with a month between doses you should be safe.

maybe try to get a script of adderall? or even better desoxyn if you want meth, but the latter is usually a last resort if nothing else has worked.

i believe it can be used responsibly, but its probably not an easy thing to do. Ive known a few long time everyday users that seem fine and they hold down jobs too. Ive also met people who could do the same thing with crack. So while it may not be easy it is possible

i believe it can be used responsibly, but its probably not an easy thing to do. Ive known a few long time everyday users that seem fine and they hold down jobs too. Ive also met people who could do the same thing with crack. So while it may not be easy it is possible

How would you compare the problems with meth to the problems with heroin?

How would you compare the problems with meth to the problems with heroin?

Heroin isn't (in and of itself) harmful. Its not toxic to any part of your body. The lifestyle and actions typically involved with heroin use (combined with addiction and dependence, of course) make it harmful.

It can definitely be used responsibly as long as you know you have the willpower to not be addicted. I'd suggest going with a lower stim such as Adderall at first

i guess its basicaly two extremes on one hand if you smoke or shoot to much meth an experienced user might be able to handle it and pass it off as normal, while if you shoot to much dope your gonna nod off.

Heroin isn't (in and of itself) harmful. Its not toxic to any part of your body. The lifestyle and actions typically involved with heroin use (combined with addiction and dependence, of course) make it harmful.

Oh, believe you me, I KNOW that heroin is not harmful in it self! What I meant was of course the addiction (i.e the pain that comes with addiction, the problems of being suicidal to begin with, and have the addition of WDs) And perhaps also the lack of eating while using the substance(s), and the lack of minerals and vitamins that comes with that.
Also the 'come down' and mental health in general

i've used meth and h probably about 20 times throughout several years and never had a problem, so i guess it's possible.

I think.. low-doses and only orally or insufflation...

But you're obviously not in the right state of mind to be taking ANY drugs.
You can't depend on anything or anyone to make you feel better about yourself.
YOU have to make YOU feel better, more confident, and be able to enjoy life.

May I ask how you drew that conclusion, sir/madam?
I mean, really(!), I've never heard such insolence!

Because you're fucking depressed, and when you're depressed, the velocity at which you hit rock bottom is 50000x faster than in any other state of mind.

Avoid meth, and get some real fucking help bro. Seriously.

Everybody's different and I can guarantee that even if you keep it to once a month, the frequency of your use will shoot up very quickly if you really do have depression issues. Seek a doctor and stop thinking you know more than a trained professional. If anybody here is insolent, it's you.

Can meth be used responsibly? In your case, no.

Also, this is a very late edit, but it's pretty much been proven that very few cases of depression are actually legitimate. For most, it's nothing that a strong cup of coffee and some therapy can't fix. You need to evaluate yourself and find out if your depression is simply situational, meaning it's caused by something that has happened or is currently happening. True depression is having nothing wrong with your life, but still hating every fucking second of it for no reason whatsoever.

Last edited:
If you want my two cents, being an ex-meth addict, I'll tell you this: if you are trying to 'use' meth as way to help depression, you are staring helpless addiction in the face. It may seem useful at first, but BELIEVE ME, it's not.

I started out using it for depression on weekends, or just sparingly...but after about 2 months, that ended. I realized it's potential for treating my depression, or 'covering it up'; before long I was using it every day. And using meth turns into abusing meth, by its very nature, because you will build a tolerance FAST, and before you know it you're doing it several times a day, in high doses, just to maintain. And then you're up for days/weeks at a time, and the only way to fight the psychosis and suicidal comedown is to do more meth.

It's a downward spiral that I have a soft spot in my heart for, because I completely understand someone's desire to use it for this application; especially majorly depressed individuals. It's a living nightmare that will destroy one's life and will, completely inadvertently; and in most people I've known, it's a nearly impossible struggle to quit, but you just can't because of the absolutely insane psychological addiction.

Tread carefully using amphetamines for depression. After a short time, they will take hold of your soul and chain you up like you never in your worst dreams could have imagined.

i think every drug can be used responsibly but the problem is there's no way to tell beforehand whether youre gonna be one of the people who uses it responsibly or an addict. it doesn't matter how many times you promise yourself you will use it responsibly, its no guarantee of anything.

Yes. That's the answer you will most likely come away from this thread with.

Yes meth can be used responsibly. Sure. So can a lot of drugs?

Will you? Statistics would probably say no. Will you, given your state of anxiety and depression? Statistics would definitely lean to no.

Will reading this thread conclusively answer your question? My research leans toward no.

Will this thread give you enough yes answers for you to feel good about doing it anyway? My research leans to yes.

What I hope you take away from this is how dangerous meth can be and how likely it is that you would end up misusing meth and possibly doing harm to yourself in some way.

Good luck.

i think every drug can be used responsibly but the problem is there's no way to tell beforehand whether youre gonna be one of the people who uses it responsibly or an addict. it doesn't matter how many times you promise yourself you will use it responsibly, its no guarantee of anything.

^^i completely agree with this. It can be done of course, if your mentally strong enough but you can never be sure.

just to be original:eek:
i dont think anyone can use any drug responsibly...

..without first having their own bouts with addiction before realising the right way too use.