• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Can LSD reverse the effects of rolling too often?

wuzzy

Greenlighter
Alright, So I tried molly for the first time this year and since I've probably rolled about 20 times. One of those times was a three day binge (I was at a music festival). I had only done molly about 10 times before I started getting depressed. I thought it was just a bad mind-set I had gotten myself in from a bad trip (I do think this contributed to it as well, though). But now I am starting to realize that I probably fucked my serotonin system up a bunch, especially when I rolled three days in a row. When I roll, its not large quantities of molly because I'm a pretty small person, only weighing about 110. I've felt like my mind is clouded, my ability to write has diminished along with my argumentative and reason abilities. I can't explain my thoughts and I stumble over words. My grammar is also impaired. I feel like I've become a child in many aspects and not in the positive ones I first felt from molly. I can not connect to people and I feel a general since of emotional numbness. I feel like I did when I was taking vyvanse everyday but now I'm aware of my depression instead of just going through the motions which vyvanse made me do. I've had serious panic attacks and I failed my freshman year of college (I was a 4.0 student in high school). I'm in a dark place right now and I'm desperately trying to get out of it. LSD mimics serotonin and it doesn't actually effect your real serotonin. I was thinking that maybe tripping, actually having a decent trip too, might help me overcome this molly rut that I've gotten myself in. At the very least, it might help me understand what I can do to overcome this rut. on the flip side, I already struggling with anxiety and depression and I'm afraid that LSD might make it worse. I've already overcome the worst effects a hallucinogen can do (I've gone to hell and back) so I think I can handle it even if it does increase my depression and anxiety but I also don't want to risk full schizophrenia if I do have a bad trip. However a good trip did completely take me out of my bad trip and vyvanse induced depression and anxiety once before, so I'm wondering if it can do it again.

well in that context maybe but your brain is still recovering from a substantial loss of serotonin; it's going to take time. It'd be great if you can trip and get yourself out of that state of mind but taking too much MDMA in too short of a time period is going to cause this feeling. I doubt you'll go schizophrenic, even drug induced psychosis isn't schizophrenia and i don't think you'd be at risk of it unless you have a predisposition to it anyway.

that's probably some of the fallout from not taking vyvanse, really you're going to have to give it time no matter what; perhaps an LSD trip would help but it won't physiologically fix you.

Psychedelics don't really offer a permanent solution either but if you just need to get out of a rut, i understand why you would take LSD. I do the same thing, get in a mental rut and work it out with psychedelics, it's not particularly fun to face your fears but it's worth it. The only problem is that you've sapped your brain of serotonin so until that gets back to normal, you may not feel a whole lot different.

Do not take LSD right now, Maybe a year down the road you will be ready.

MDMA should not be taken more than 4 times a year and you have rolled 20 times!?!?!? I do feel for ya it is not hard to get into this state without proper education after all MDMA is pretty magical and can suck a person in...

If you want to recover and live a healthy life you have got to take advice and quit living how you are, if you think just a couple more drug experiences are not going to effect you, you are wrong!!

You MUST - Start a diet high in nutrients, eat a full spectrum of fruits vegetables and proteins, make sure to maintain a healthy exercise routine. Avoid Alcohol for a bit, as well as all other drug use.

It sucks in this situation you need to grow up fast, this may not be the advice you want but you must take it. As your brain recovers and your natural serotonin levels are back to normal you will be happy and sharp!

I also recommend looking into the supplement 5-HTP this aids in the synthesis of serotonin and many people in your situation find it beneficial.

Good luck

Not reliably, only time will help you if the only issue is MDMA overuse. At least if we are looking at it from a perspective of how these drugs work. 20 times this year is too much, but honestly it should be reversible if you just lay off it for a while. I don't know how long ago your last time was but I assume not long ago for the "chronic hangover" to wear off. Meaning that I think it is different than say laying off it for 6-12 months and still feeling depressed.

Psychedelics can potentially help with some sorts of depression, depending on the reason for the depression... but they can also make matters worse.
Don't take them for this reason please, especially if you are not really experienced which I assume you are not if you need to ask these questions. But whether you are generally fit to trip, only you can tell. If you do decide to do it, dose low. I have taken LSD before in the past for medicinal / therapeutic purposes and had success with 60 micrograms which did not really make me hallucinate.
Be careful if you don't know how potent your product is.

LSD may act on serotonergic receptors, but not anymore when the drug leaves your body / when a trip ends. So it cannot make up for having a depleted or stressed serotonin system from MDMA use.
Vyvanse works on dopamine. If LSD helped you before I think there are other things going on and MDMA is not the only reason you feel blue.

Also, use punctuation in your posts please.

+1 for EarthBounded's suggestion of 5-HTP.

For now, all you can do is wait, essentially. Your brain is elastic- it'll feed on what you give it. It knows its running low on serotonin, and will begin to repair itself, but not if you continue rolling. Eat well, sleep well, and keep yourself busy. Find something you love doing that doesn't take MDMA or LSD to make it enjoyable and do it. If you smoke cigarettes or marijuana, I would suggest giving up these as well (though I may get some fire for the marijuana, it's not neurotoxic but you asked for my opinion, so here it is).

LSD isn't a magic bullet that's going to cure who you are. It is but a small tool, among diet, exercise, goal setting and achieving, adrenaline, etc. To me though it sounds like you should concentrate on the internal battle and fight it internally. All of your answers are already in your brain.

It is likely that a substantial portion of your emotional health problems have been caused by your overindulgence in MDMA. Cease your use of enactogens, give yourself a couple of months to recover, then use the LSD to get some serious self-exlporation/therapy going on.

wuzzy said:
I also don't want to risk full schizophrenia if I do have a bad trip

Psychedelics do no cause schizophrenia, you either have it and it'll show up sooner or later, or you don't. But yes, they can exacerbate existing psychological pathologies.

wuzzy said:
I've had serious panic attacks and I failed my freshman year of college

I'm sorry. Take heart, you're not the only one here who has experienced that. Society loses many kids with "bright futures ahead of them" to early life crises. You might just need a period of reevaluation, and then can become more balanced and grounded than before.

Last edited:
A little more background:

There are multitudes of situational difficulties I am experiencing as well. So the MDMA overuse is not the sole cause of my depression/anxiety. I'm in pretty bad physical shape because I had bronchitis and pneumonia three times this year, with three sets of antibiotics and a round of oral steroids. I have severe family and monetary instability as well. I have mental health issues that are brought out full force when I'm under stress. LSD helped me at the beginning of this year. After I dosed, i was able to push bad thoughts out of my mind and disconnect the circular thinking that causes so much of my anxiety and depression. I'm just wondering if maybe it will do that again.

As others have commented, give it some time. LSD may seem like a good idea to you since you say it worked once before but this is different.

After I dosed, i was able to push bad thoughts out of my mind and disconnect the circular thinking that causes so much of my anxiety and depression. I'm just wondering if maybe it will do that again.

This is possible, but things sound unstable at the moment (see: set & setting). It's up to you to decide of course, does it feel like this the right time to you?

You know yourself better than we can, but there is wisdom in waiting for the MDMA-induced part of your problem to alleviate itself. You've got a lot of issues on your plate as it is, be cautious lest your eyes prove to be bigger than your stomach.

Wuzzy-

Everybody has there troubles and everyday is a new day, everyone around you is human and we all have positive and negative things going on in our life, if you are a young adult this is simply growing up and when you mix heavy heavy MDMA use in its going to make things worse. Face the facts you abused a drug I have done that too myself as well as alot of members here on BL, Heavy MDMA use is probably a major factor to any anxiety and depression you have right now. I would like to clarify when using MDMA 4 times a year or less it will lead to less long term effects. You must associate drug abuse with your current moods to really tackle the problem.

Here is a solution in my opinion. I have found more success in treating my addictions, depression and anxiety with Psilocybin Mushrooms, LSD has a sharp edge to it and I find coming out of a mushroom trip and an LSD trip as two different things, when I leave an LSD trip I feel more focused on studying Metapysical and pseudosciences, it is a little too powerful for this situation IMO, LSD would be more beneficial for someone with little to no drug use, with major depression or end of life treatment.

Coming out of a mushroom trip I feel happy, more " normal " and I feel like it puts me on the right path to healthy brain chemistry and helps depression and anxiety, I focus on my fears while in a trip.

I would not use mushrooms for at least a month and plan it out, I am a huge fan of LSD and I highly doubt it will help your current situation.

Possibly look into LSA via Hawaiian baby wood rose seeds as well, I would stick to all natural, non semi-synthetic material for right now, truuuusst me.

This is all just my opinion from experiencing what you are multiple times.

Possibly look into LSA via Hawaiian baby wood rose seeds as well, I would stick to all natural, non semi-synthetic material for right now, truuuusst me.

This is all just my opinion from experiencing what you are multiple times.

LSA can have an extreme effect on someone's perceptions, usually for the better but it has nothing to do it being natural or non semi-synthetic.

LSA can be a hellish ride to an ego shattering and enlightening experience, as can mushrooms, LSD or any psychedelic given the right dose/set/setting. It doesn't really matter which one you use, the big concern is mental stability and setting before going into the trip. If you want it to be therapeutic then a low dose of LSD or any psychedelic *could help, could make things worse, or force you to face your fears, you have to just be prepared for that. It's tough to say, if you're an experienced psychonaut then yeah you'd probably not even be asking this question, given your mental instability and your current life situation, it's probably not a great idea to trip unless you are ready to face absolutely everything that may be lying underneath and are willing to embrace it.

I think I can handle LSD.

My depression/Anxiety was also preexisting my molly binge.

My depression/Anxiety is mostly there because I have an ego and I'm aware of the ego. It's also there because I'm aware of all of my faults (thanks to a heavy shroom trip) and I know they come out when I get depressed.

I mean I'm sure the reason I initially started getting depressed was the heavy MDMA use but there's a whole lot more than that.

I've actually found shrooms to be ten times less manageable than LSD. I always feel like I have my shit together on LSD even when I'm having a shitty trip. Shrooms. Not so much.

You really need to give your mind and body time to recover, adding more drugs into the equation isn't the solution to that. Yes LSD and other psychedelics can be used therapeutically, but at this stage it's much more likely to make things worse or have no positive effect at least than it is to make anything better.

If you're in a dark place, see a therapist if you aren't already, and try talking through your problems. Save LSD as the reward for yourself once you've gotten past your obstacles and moved ahead with your life. :)

LSD won't help your brain recover from serotonin down-regulation, that's something that only time and a healthy lifestyle can help you get past. You said you only tried MDMA for the first time this year, so of course you're still suffering the effects of abuse.

Take 6-12 months minimum off even considering touching MDMA or related drugs, and I assure you that most or all of your symptoms will be gone and you'll feel much better for it. You'll also be in a far better state to enjoy other drugs, and then you'll even be able to get the most out of LSD too! :)

I'd also like to emphasize the importance of rolling infrequently. Here at Bluelight we like to suggest a one-month rule, the rule being that you never roll more than once in a month, and even that really is pushing it. Even Alexander Shulgin, the man behind the 2C-X series and partly behind the popularisation of MDMA personally found he could only take it 4 times a year (or was it 3? I can't remember) before problems started to arise. If you've been abusing it and not following those sorts of guidelines it can take many months or in severe cases years for full recovery, so please be careful.

To be perfectly honest it COULD help you, but the LSD experience is so unpredictable there is no way to say that it will help again.
You could just be depressed the whole way through your trip which would only make your situation worse.
As a general rule I've learned to live by, problems caused by recreational drug use can not be solved by further recreational drug use.

I think LSD very well may reset tolerance to other entheogens including marijuana, but that's just a speculation from experience.

I think it might help if you trip with someone that understands what your going through so you make sure ta have a good trip get what your looking for out a the whole thingg ya know:) but for real ide cut out the molly for a while if you haven't :p jus from personal experience! it takes a few weeks for your brain to heal up after rollin once. Its hard shit. But I wish the best ❤❤ hope you find what you need

A little more background:

There are multitudes of situational difficulties I am experiencing as well. So the MDMA overuse is not the sole cause of my depression/anxiety. I'm in pretty bad physical shape because I had bronchitis and pneumonia three times this year, with three sets of antibiotics and a round of oral steroids. I have severe family and monetary instability as well. I have mental health issues that are brought out full force when I'm under stress. LSD helped me at the beginning of this year. After I dosed, i was able to push bad thoughts out of my mind and disconnect the circular thinking that causes so much of my anxiety and depression. I'm just wondering if maybe it will do that again.

so you have real life funding issues, actual bad physical health and problems with your mental health. mdma overuse is a form of escapism and to be fair a bad one if you get depressed easily.

yes trips can snap you out of depression BUT to be fair i think give your brain a rest for now and get some exercise

I have a suspicion, that OP wants to simply do LSD and just seeks the approval on this forum.

As everyone has said so far, wait a few months and get your health and life in order. Seratonin depletion and mdma abuse can be most reliably treated by being sober, eating right and excercising. 5-HTP would help too.

I've tried this. Not too long after my last run at abusing MDMA I had a ++++ trip that instilled beautiful enlightenment in me and I felt reborn. Nothing stuck though and I was still a mess because of the MDMA, just a slightly deeper mess.

If my brain was fine during the course of this, I believe the effects would have been much more therapeutic and pure.