• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Can Long Term Use of Vyvanse/Adderall Affect First Time Meth Use?

ConkyMadeMeDoIt

Bluelighter
I've been a moderate adderall (ab)user for about the past 10 years, off and on. In 2013 I was prescribed vyvanse that I continue to use currently. Each month I end up taking two of my 40mg pills a day and run out two weeks into the script.

Anyways, a few days ago I decided I wanted to try some meth with my brother who has been a meth user for years. That morning I had taken 70mg vyvanse. He got a $60 bag and broke me out a smallish line and proceeded to shoot his like he always does. I snorted it and felt nothing. Waited a bit and my brother broke out a line twice the size of the last one. Didn't feel much different that if I were an inexperienced adderall user and popped a couple. I know the bag he got was decent because he started tweaking out after his shot...

My question is why didn't I get the effects from trying meth for the first time I was expecting? Could it be because of my daily vyvanse use? Did I not snort enough? If I've never done meth shouldn't I have "felt" more?

Yes, methamphetamine has never felt that much stronger than regular amphetamine to me because I'd abused adderall/vyvanse for years before using methamphetamine.

Thanks for your input. I had a feeling the vyvanse/adderall Use had something to do with it. My bro told me the meth would work better if I would shoot it but I said no fucking thank you.

Wtf kinda bro thinking is that recommending and assisting iv meth use ... I like amphetamine but comeon not cool

Ok. If all you care about is your specific question vyvanse is lysdexamphetamine. It get cleabed into dextroamphetamine which then stimulates taar1 and taar2 and vmat1 and vmat3 receptors and promotes the release of dopamine from things on your brain called neurons which are like wires sending signals onto other wires meth b acting at the same receptors therefore wouls be expected to be less srnsotive to meth from extensive vyvanse use.