can law enforcement sell you drugs ?

I just watched cops last night where they had a cop an dthe corner pushing drugs then busting people for buying them. This guy actually harassed people into buying them . Its very wrong. I think some people just bought them because the guy scared them. A lot of those people were innocent. So yes. They can sell you drugs.

Originally posted by MissYrotica:
With all that ^^^ said, if one knows the people one buys from, then there is no reason to worry.
Let Love Rule

I knew my guy for three years... then one day he set me up... shit happens, just hope you dont get caught up in it.

another point i do want to make also is this:
when 'undercover' a 'undercover' is also allowed to do whatever the people are doing that he is trying to set up!!!! this has just recentlly happened to some people i knew....i new guy comes into town, flashing money here and there. wanting to buy this , party with this person. etc. etc.
low and behold, all the people he was party with, are now in jail, and he is no where to be found.
to make a long story short...whenever you think someone is a little weird/funny/possible cop...the old lets party with him and see trick does not work. this has happened to a few people that i know. wether they are just informants or cops, they are still cops!
now i do not know if this is merelly just allowed or just over-looked.
stick with who you know, and know the drug business is a risk no matter what.
casper

^^^
Actually, there was a show about Undercover agents on HBO about 3 years ago.
If they are working for the government they CANNOT ingest any alcohal or illegal substances while on the job.
However, they are trained to "Look like" they are ingesting it.
They have all kinds of techniques to blend in with the crowd.
However, if its someone looking to bust some kids having a good time just so he can save his ass from getting jail time, then those are the people u gotta watch out for! It helps to learn some history about them....

Originally posted by La_casper:
another point i do want to make also is this:
when 'undercover' a 'undercover' is also allowed to do whatever the people are doing that he is trying to set up!!!!
casper

You are totally incorrect. Federal(state and local) agents cannot break the law while undercover. Cannot, that means no, nada, zip. Do they- sure, occasionally etc... but if you can prove that the undercover agent broke the law during his investigation... you're looking at a good appeal.
However, your freaky little friend that gets popped and the ROLLS OVER ON EVERYONE doesn't haven't to abide by these rules. Here's hoping the little rat gets drowned.
doc

About polive officers being able to use/sell illegal drugs this was posted some time ago. Do I search I included links to sections of US law that specifically expempts police in the course of their duties from the narcotic duties. In other words they can do it b/c they aren't breaking the law.
They have evidence you at one time possesed the illegal substance and you bought it maybe this is enough for a crime. Now you got me all freaked out. It seems so stupid to do this, sure buddy up to people you think might have connections but just hooking up poor users and arresting them.
Ohh finally just recently (linked off plastic or
salon) there was an article just about this. A bunch of DEA agents imported MJ from oregon or BC to an entierly differnt state got some kids to buy it and busted them for it.
Sure *I* believe it is entrapment, however, the judiciary has a very very high standard for entrapment, especially with drugs.
Damn reihnquist.