• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Can I use subutex to get off of Kratom?

jrey

Bluelighter
Kratom has helped me a lot from helping me get off of opiates to experiencing the most “normal” life I have ever experienced. But lately I’ve been taking way too much and it’s starting to take a toll on me. I’m getting really tired of it. I noticed the withdrawal is really bad getting off of Kratom cold turkey. I’ve always been a pussy when it comes to withdrawals. I have a few 8mg subutex and was thinking of taking a few pieces to get pst the worst of the withdrawal. But I don’t know how much I should take or how long I should take it. Or if it would even work.

I don’t recommend using bupe get off of Keaton; it’s far too strong (yet simultaneously runs the risk of precipitating withdrawal.

However, if you’re intent on doing it, I can’t imagine you’d need more than 4 mg and I’m guessing you’ll only need 1-2 mg.

I recommend getting as far into withdrawal as you can bear and then take 1 mg and then .5 mg each hour until you are good. I don’t recommend dosing sub any longer than 3 days in a row.

Depending on your tolerance you may want to do 4-2-1 mg 3 day taper. It should be very effective if you’ve never dosed sub before.

why would you wanna go from something that has minor w/d (kratom) to something with major w/d id say use hydro or morphine before using suboxone

Yeah, as other users said. Taper, taper. Be careful, Don't cold turkey instead of taper.

why would you wanna go from something that has minor w/d (kratom) to something with major w/d id say use hydro or morphine before using suboxone
My Kratom habit has been getting really out of hand since quarantine. I can run through almost 2 kilos in a month. Before I decided to get off of Kratom, My addict mind decided to relapse off of opiates one last time. I had took five 30 mg roxies thinking it would get me loaded, but I barely had any effects. Don’t get me wrong, I felt a little high but not what I was looking for. So I picked up a gram of mediocre black tar and smoked about .7 or .8 of it throughout the rest of the day. I was finally loaded out my mind. But I was so surprised that my tolerance to opiates is really high now, and I’ve only been using Kratom lately. I took 1/4th of an 8mg subutex this morning and redosed every hour until I felt okay. I ended up taking a whole 8mg Subutex. It is 9:30 pm now and I’m already starting to feel pretty shitty with my anxiety very high. I’m doing this all alone and tbh idk if I’d be able to do it. Kratom withdrawals are actually pretty fuckin bad especially since I’ve been taking way too much lately to help deal with my depression. If I had the chance, I would of checked myself in somewhere because I’m really tired of all this shit.
I don’t recommend using bupe get off of Keaton; it’s far too strong (yet simultaneously runs the risk of precipitating withdrawal.

However, if you’re intent on doing it, I can’t imagine you’d need more than 4 mg and I’m guessing you’ll only need 1-2 mg.

I recommend getting as far into withdrawal as you can bear and then take 1 mg and then .5 mg each hour until you are good. I don’t recommend dosing sub any longer than 3 days in a row.

Depending on your tolerance you may want to do 4-2-1 mg 3 day taper. It should be very effective if you’ve never dosed sub before.

My Kratom habit has been getting really out of hand since quarantine. I can run through almost 2 kilos in a month. Before I decided to get off of Kratom, My addict mind decided to relapse off of opiates one last time. I had took five 30 mg roxies thinking it would get me loaded, but I barely had any effects. Don’t get me wrong, I felt a little high but not what I was looking for. So I picked up a gram of mediocre black tar and smoked about .7 or .8 of it throughout the rest of the day. I was finally loaded out my mind. But I was so surprised that my tolerance to opiates is really high now, and I’ve only been using Kratom lately. I took 1/4th of an 8mg subutex this morning and redosed every hour until I felt okay. I ended up taking a whole 8mg Subutex. It is 9:30 pm now and I’m already starting to feel pretty shitty with my anxiety very high. I’m doing this all alone and tbh idk if I’d be able to do it tbh. Kratom withdrawals are actually pretty fuckin bad especially since I’ve been taking way too much lately to help deal with my depression. If I had the chance, I would of checked myself in somewhere because I’m really tired of all this shit. I’m very tempted to take a Sub again tomorrow morning, but not a full one of course. I’m just scared I might just get addicted to these. If I take it for 3 days, each day taking less, would I get addicted to them? And after the last day would the withdrawals actually be tolerable?

My Kratom habit has been getting really out of hand since quarantine. I can run through almost 2 kilos in a month. Before I decided to get off of Kratom, My addict mind decided to relapse off of opiates one last time. I had took five 30 mg roxies thinking it would get me loaded, but I barely had any effects. Don’t get me wrong, I felt a little high but not what I was looking for. So I picked up a gram of mediocre black tar and smoked about .7 or .8 of it throughout the rest of the day. I was finally loaded out my mind. But I was so surprised that my tolerance to opiates is really high now, and I’ve only been using Kratom lately. I took 1/4th of an 8mg subutex this morning and redosed every hour until I felt okay. I ended up taking a whole 8mg Subutex. It is 9:30 pm now and I’m already starting to feel pretty shitty with my anxiety very high. I’m doing this all alone and tbh idk if I’d be able to do it. Kratom withdrawals are actually pretty fuckin bad especially since I’ve been taking way too much lately to help deal with my depression. If I had the chance, I would of checked myself in somewhere because I’m really tired of all this shit.

My Kratom habit has been getting really out of hand since quarantine. I can run through almost 2 kilos in a month. Before I decided to get off of Kratom, My addict mind decided to relapse off of opiates one last time. I had took five 30 mg roxies thinking it would get me loaded, but I barely had any effects. Don’t get me wrong, I felt a little high but not what I was looking for. So I picked up a gram of mediocre black tar and smoked about .7 or .8 of it throughout the rest of the day. I was finally loaded out my mind. But I was so surprised that my tolerance to opiates is really high now, and I’ve only been using Kratom lately. I took 1/4th of an 8mg subutex this morning and redosed every hour until I felt okay. I ended up taking a whole 8mg Subutex. It is 9:30 pm now and I’m already starting to feel pretty shitty with my anxiety very high. I’m doing this all alone and tbh idk if I’d be able to do it tbh. Kratom withdrawals are actually pretty fuckin bad especially since I’ve been taking way too much lately to help deal with my depression. If I had the chance, I would of checked myself in somewhere because I’m really tired of all this shit. I’m very tempted to take a Sub again tomorrow morning, but not a full one of course. I’m just scared I might just get addicted to these. If I take it for 3 days, each day taking less, would I get addicted to them? And after the last day would the withdrawals actually be tolerable?

Yea i know it'll do that to you kfatom is strong for most people I hate that shit awful taste I only use it if I have restless leg syndrome

I would recommend Modafinil @ 200mg and combining Psilocybin or 4-ACO-DMT in microdoses rather instead. Modafinil has been found to stop shaking leg syndrome, is also very cheap and easy to obtain generics.

Failed to find the study i once read on how it diminishes shaking leg issue,although i am sure you could find it with o to much effort, just pressed for time , nonetheless here is a good paper i found if your interested in how Modafinil can help you .

Modafinil Blocks Reinstatement of Extinguished Opiate-Seeking in Rats: Mediation by a Glutamate Mechanism

As far as mushrooms are concerned, they are amazing at mitigating withdrawal symptoms in may forms of addiction, reducing the anxiety,depression and even to a degree helping with the pains of physical aspect of coming clean.I must stress the point that i am recommending a MICRO and not MACRO dose.Your own micro-dosage is going to be subjective, so do some homework.Always start low a build up. i say this as taking a "full" dose is not likely to be the best angle ,as we all know how set and setting can negatively affect psychedelics experiences , and withdrawals your set, i would not be surprised if you would up in a shit state emotionally as you may potentially amplify your negative feelings. Small doses are better for withdrawal. that being said, getting a good ol' canning from fungi is never a bad thing to my mind, as those have been some of my most fruitful missions.

Trust you shall have a speedy recovery , bless up!

Kratom is not an opiate. Taking bupe for kratom is like swatting a mosquito with a 12 gauge

Don't take Subutex. It's so addictive and you will have cravings for months after you stop.

Id agree that for a lot of people buprenorphine is overkill for a kratom habit, but there is no one size fits all answer to addiction. There are some people that struggle greatly with kratom addiction, people who take insanely high doses many times throughout the day for example. Not everyone uses buprenorphine the same nor has the same experience with it. For example, a fast buprenorphine taper performed properly could be a great way to stop a nasty high dose kratom habit.

I do agree that the warnings are valid, though. Somebody who is struggling with a kratom habit should be aware that a buprenorphine habit is likely going to be even worse if they switch and then stay on it for a prolonged period.

Exactly. Buprenorphine will prevent kratom WD and stop kratom cravings, but i think he should take it just for few days and then tapper down. Bupe has a really long HL so kratom will be completely out of system before bupe, so he will avoid kratom WD and bupe WD after few days of use and tappering down is very mild. Just that bupe craving will be strong.

I

was planning on taking it for 3 days. Each day halting my dose
Sounds good to me. And i recommend snorting it (50 % BA) and split daily dose in several bumps throughout the day instead of sublingual use (30 % BA) and taking it all at once in morning

It will definitely work, but be really careful to not get addicted to bupe, because its withdrawal is far worse than kratom's. I agree that kratom has a pretty hellish withdrawal, but at least it's short.

However you could try taking 1-1.5mg of bupe when you're fully in withdrawals, then 2 days later, take less, then 2 days later, take less. By then you'll probably be good, or at least 80-90% good. I wouldn't take bupe more than 3 times. But its half-life is so long that a single dose can keep you covered for 2 days.

To the poster that said that kratom isn't an opiate and deleted the post... that is incorrect. kratom is definitely an opiate, it is a partial agonist of the delta and mu opioid receptores, the same receptors other opiates hit. Bupe provides very real relief, as it also agonizes those receptors (in fact both kratom and bupe are unusual in that they are partial rather than full agonists, though bupe is a far stronger one). The kratom industry would have you believe kratom is not an opiate, but it absolutely is one.

All that said, I recommend just dealing with kratom. Try to taper for a few days to get down lower and then just jump off. This is the safest method. If you are not addicted to powerful full agonists, bupe gets you high. In fact bupe is one of my favorite opiates. I tried to use it to get off of short-acting opiates, by taking it just a few times, and I ended up taking it for months and then had to switch back to short-acting opiates (kratom in fact) and cold turkey off that once the bupe wasn't causing withdrawals anymore.

If its an opiate it must be 100x weaker than codeine. Bupe is overkill. One of the strongest binding opioids to replace a very weak one is not smart imo and there must be reasons doctors don't give it for kratom withdrawal
This guy has an addictive personality obviously and telling him to take one of the strongest opiates to stop it is irresponsible and probably gonna give him a new addition to something far worse

Yeah. Bupe is like 100 times more addictive (for me)

When I was at 40mg of methadone I got stuck at a friend's cottage for a week without methadone. After 3 days a friend gave me a suboxone strip and I was high as a kite. Surprised me actually
That's why I wouldn't recommend it, especially to someone doing other drugs in binges. It's asking for a stronger addiction.
From what I have read only the FDA considers kratom an opiate. Other sites say it mimics an opiate and isn't a true opiate.
Not saying there wouldn't be withdrawal I'm just worried because the op is still doing drugs so might just trade addictions

Kratom is not opiate, it is partial opioid agonist and mild serotonine and norepinephrine agonist as well.

For example DXM is chemically morphinan, but it only binds to opioid receptors, buy doesn't produce any opiate high, but it is NMDA agonist.

Btw i personally recommend DXM for opiate WD

Yeah. Bupe is like 100 times more addictive (for me)

I agree he should not use bupe for kratom withdrawal, but considering he has some and is considering it, I thought I'd suggest the safest way to do so. Bupe is only appropriate as a maintenance opiate if you plan to stay on opiates and want to escape a life of IVing heroin or similar. Maintenance can be really good for some people, a legally obtained, long-lasting opiate that fills that craving and lets you function in life. But bupe is a BITCH to get off, the acute withdrawal lasts a long time and it takes a long time after that to feel right again. If you get addicted to bupe you will wish to god you had just spent a few days kicking kratom instead.

I understand trying to escape kratom withdrawals... contrary to what some people think, they fucking suck when you're doing a lot of kratom every day for a good period of time. I was heavily addicted to kratom for 6 years (it was what led to stronger opiates for me, it was my first opiate, back in 2002 before anyone knew what it was around here). I've been addicted to kratom, heroin, oxy, poppy tea (oral opium) and buprenorphine, and kratom had the worst RLS of them all, everything else was easier but the RLS was unlike anything else. And the RLS is the worst part of opiate withdrawal for me. But kratom's withdrawal is short and you seem to recover back to feeling normal quicker, with less of a period of PAWS, than full agonists and bupe. You really should taper as much as possible jump off and just suffer for a few days. Like 4-5 tops and you'll be mostly done.

But kratom IS an opioid, as it agonizes the opiate receptors, regardless of the fact that it has other modes of action. it is by definition an opioid, and is cross-tolerant with opiates, and its effects will alleviate opioid withdrawal (and other opioids will alleviate its withdrawal).

I'm not trying to demonize it by and means, but I way too many people in the recovery industry and the kratom market trying to push it as some miracle non-opioid cure to opioid addiction. It is not, it is substituting one substance with opioid receptor agonism for another. People not understanding this and thinking it's harmless leads to people getting addicted to it. So I think it needs to be said.

Do you have access to gabapentin? gabapentin does wonders for helping with light opiate withdrawal. If you use it for a few days and then stop, you can bypass much of the acute withdrawal. Of course, it is also addictive, but at least it affects a totally different system.

Last edited:
When I was at 40mg of methadone I got stuck at a friend's cottage for a week without methadone. After 3 days a friend gave me a suboxone strip and I was high as a kite. Surprised me actually
That's why I wouldn't recommend it, especially to someone doing other drugs in binges. It's asking for a stronger addiction.
From what I have read only the FDA considers kratom an opiate. Other sites say it mimics an opiate and isn't a true opiate.
Not saying there wouldn't be withdrawal I'm just worried because the op is still doing drugs so might just trade addictions

Methadone withdrawal was the worst for me out of all the opiates I kicked. For 3 years, age 19-22 I was taking at least 90mg a day through a methadone clinic. I would never forget how horrible the withdrawals were when I would go to jail.The withdrawals lasted so long too and was unbearable. I literally wanted to kill myself. In 2016 was when I decided to get off of that shit. Since Tapering down would take forever, and I could not do it cold turkey, I ended up undergoing ibogaine treatment. But first I had to be on morphine for a few weeks to get as much of the methadone out of my system. Even when I was on 180mg of morphine a day, I still felt shitty. After the ibogaine treatment, I still felt shitty. I didn’t get any sleep for days and I was shaking tremendously for at least two weeks. And I had no energy at all. I’m Filipino myself so I ended up moving to the Philippines for a few years since there is no heroin/ opiates there. But they do have tramadol over the counter and that’s what I got hooked on. And since Kratom grows naturally out there, I ended up using that to get off of tramadol. And I’ve been on Kratom since then. Kratom helped me actually live a “normal” life. I finally got my shit together and have never felt that happy. But my Kratom use lately has been out of control and I know I should stop, or at least stop for a while to get my tolerance back down. Tbh idk if I’m gooing to actually try to stop forever, or if I’ll just stop for awhile to get my tolerance back down. I’ve been using heavy since I was 14 so idk if my brain is fucked up forever and would always need something just to feel normal.

I am about 63 hours in without taking anything. I took subutex one day, waited almost two days I think and took subutex again halfing the dose. So far I don’t feel any withdrawals. I just have no energy and feel depressed (I’ve been depressed even on Kratom). Idk if it’ll just get worse from here since I know subs have a very long half life.

Last edited: