• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Can I use heroin while using Suboxone to quit

themystic13

Greenlighter
So my girlfriend and I have been trying to get clean off of H. I've been on it for 6 years and she, about 2. We don't do alot, we purposely keep our addiction managed, at about half a gram, of SHIT tar from the inland area.

We had quit once before using subutex, which we had waited up to the 24 hr mark like we were supposed to and took the subutex and felt instant, melting relief.

Well after waiting the whole 24 hrs, we both take SUBOXONE (not subutex) and neither of us feel much better. Both still kicking and restless despite taking more and more suboxone. Def not PWD, but not relief either. And my least favorite symptoms. Both of us were pretty bummed because we really need to quit, but the withdrawls are maddening.
We ended up caving up getting some H after 6 hrs without relief from the suboxone.

I cant find subutex in my town, and I'd like to still be able to use the suboxone I have and I saw someone on a thread talking about taking a small amount of H after doing a suboxone to take the edge off, and that you didnt even need to wait the full 24 hrs before taking your next dose of Suboxone because its already in your system.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Or know anyway to make suboxone more managable? We had expected the suboxone to be like the subutex and felt really defeated after making it to the 24 hr mark- all the way to 30 hrs and not feel any better :(

Oh last but not least- is tapering the brown down WHILE using the suboxone a thing? Like how can I quit using the suboxone without feeling like shit? When I feel like crap I get weak and want to fully relapse.

Thanks so much to any who stops to answer

Last edited:
yea u can its a,waste of $ tho

subs bind to your receptors over dope so you wont get high have to wait 18 - 24 hrs imo

knowing where your coming from tho poking your self mite help u psychology water is cheaper lol

Last edited by a moderator:
All opiates are going to feel pretty much the same coming off. As far as subs, depends how long you have been on it. You didn't say what dose you are using either. As to why it's not working for your withdrawals, maybe you're taking it too soon or too big a dose? Sometimes less feels better.

That isnt so much the issue. We tool about 8 mg and felt the difference, it wasn't FROM PWD, we waited plenty of time.

I saw that other people said suboxone specifically doesnt rid you of all symptoms like methadone or subutex does. We only took the subs this morning after our 24 period, and waited 6 hrs to see if it got any better and when it didnt go away completely (the sweating, running nose/eyes, bowl problems) stopped, but we were both still very restless and had the muscle spasms still. Amd VERY tired. As soon as we did some H, We felt way bettwr.

Do you know if you can take methadone and THEN take suboxone after word when the methadone runs out, and then maybe the suboxone wont have any left over withdrawl symptoms since rhe worst of it happened during the time I took the subs.

Don't take methadone then take suboxone you will be half dead from precipitated withdrawals. If someone on methadone took a subutex or suboxone they would be thrown into instant precipitated withdrawals and would be deathly ill, DO NOT take methadone then take subutex even waiting 30+ hours after dosing methaonde sometimes won't be enough so you will be fucked if you take methadone first. You can take Meth after subutex or suboxone (same thing) but the Meth will be blocked a bit so it won't work as well until the subutex completely clears your system.

Last edited:
Suboxone and subutex are the same thing both have the same active ingredient (buprenorphine) I've taken both and felt absolutely no difference between them. They both do the same thing and they both block other opiates while your on them and can cause precipitated withdrawal when taken with other opiates in your system.
I think it may be all mental cause suboxone should feel the exact same as subutex. Either that or you have been switching back and forth between heroin and subutex/suboxone for too long. Some people do dope until they run out of cash then they do their sub's so they arnt sick then get back on dope when they have money. This is fun for a while but after a while the subutex/Suboxone stop working as good and only partly covers up withdrawals instead of fully like it did before making it so you cant seem to get stable on subutex/suboxone no matter how much you take or how little you take as less is more with sub. That may be why you find suboxone doesn't work as well now because its the same as subutex so it should feel the same.

Last edited:
Bupe is an agonist/antagonist.
Don't take a full agonist if you are doing a bupe taper; if it does have any effect, it will ruin your taper.

yea u can its a,waste of $ tho

subs bind to your receptors over dope so you wont get high have to wait 18 - 24 hrs imo

knowing where your coming from tho poking your self mite help u psychology water is cheaper lol

Actually, I have found you can bust through the blocking effects of the suboxone if you just dose a lot higher than you usually do....
I have given myself many a good rush/nods while on a "mandatory" suboxone out patient hoopla

^^On what dose??^^
Anything over 8mgs will not be broken through a lot of the time.

Last edited:
If you took suboxane, and still felt crappy... so you proceeded to use heroin, and it HELPED... your suboxane dose is too low. You should not be able to feel the heroin at all if you have taken suboxane... so that leads me to believe that you didn't have enough suboxane in ur system...

Good news, you can try again... with a higher initial dosage. Bad news you have to wait the full 24 hours again before tryin again. Because if the heroin made you feel better, then it got into your receptors instead of the suboxane.

I was an iv heroin user for 6 years... and I took suboxane once, I did feel 75% better. But I came into some heroin that night and did a shot. The first shot I barely felt. The second was a lot more potent and I felt it, got the rush but didn't get high... moral of the story here... if you are using suboxane to get clean, don't do heroin on the side. Stay on the path if suboxane

Don't have to wait 24 hours though I usually wait at least 5 hours and I've never gone into precipitated withdrawals.
Unless of course you last took a extended release pill so it will be giving off pulses for up to 12 hours meaning you will have to wait longer than if you snorted a pill or did heroin
Everyones metabolism is different some faster some slower so I always say just wait till you feel the first signs of physical withdrawal when you would normally want to dose again. My heroin stops making me high after an hour or 2 so I usually dose heroin every 3-4 hours cause I feel the first symptoms of withdrawal coming on such as runny nose, sore joints and yawning around that time. So when going back onto suboxone I wait 4-6 hours to be safe which has been no problem for me other may have to wait longer because their dope lasts longer if they have a slow metabolism. So as long as you wait till your anxious and feeling some physical symptoms (can't just be mental) you will be fine.

Last edited:
Subutex I have had excellent results from and I snort them. It brings me a nice little high for about an hour or two

I think the time to wait from a safe H to sub switch is usually different for everyone we have very different potencies of dope, methods, overall health and dependencies. Just need to be in full withdrawl to take them. Sounds like the subs worked for you just maybe your Dose was a little low, and you maybe expected to feel like you just had a shot . Subs to me feel awful granted the initial relief from wd is amazing but I've never really got rid of all opiate wds first dose. Even shooting them or snorting them . You can still be tired, restless, and have anxiety with initial sub dose. They are different for everyone. Definitely a waste of dope to throw a shot right on top of the sub but I'm guessing that shot was much anticipated. I think going through wds and then using is ok it teaches u your way to wd successfully. Because honestly if you don't know what fully to expect during withdrawl or certain maintaince drugs you just keep using in fear of wds . I'm very certain that most heroin users do not quit their first second third time but they gain that expierce to be able to get through it.
How you two holding up ?