(answered) Can I turn off the Facebook bullshit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we didn't have the like button we wouldn't know that our comments were being read. Whether we get a like or a laugh or a heart it lets us know that at least someone cares enough to read what we wrote.

Do you not like your comments being liked or do you just not prefer to like others.

If this function really bothers you TLB might be able to go in the software and adjust it for you.

Or are you just being whiny?

I preferred BL when it wasn't a competition.
I don't want this to be Facebook.
Can I turn off the like function?

I don't think there's any way for an individual to opt out of the system. We can enable it or disable it in each subforum. For example in the Shrine.

I find it useful, personally. It allows me to let a person know I've read their post, or that I agree with it, etc, without having to quote them and respond when it isn't necessary.

I don't think there's any way for an individual to opt out of the system. We can enable it or disable it in each subforum. For example in the Shrine.

I find it useful, personally. It allows me to let a person know I've read their post, or that I agree with it, etc, without having to quote them and respond when it isn't necessary.
Yep, that's what I like it for too. Lets me acknowledge a post that I have been @ at without commenting if there's no need. It's a polite way to say I have seen and acknowledged your post.

Yeah, it's not a competition.

UNLESS YOU'RE ME!!!!

And your reactions just passed your messages, which basically means I got an A+.

You can pry my reaction score from my cold dead hands.

Joking, sorta, but as mal said I don't believe there's a way to turn it off, and I don't think this is a commonly enough held sentiment to make that kind of big change.

I personally like them. It's not a competition, but it's nice to be able to acknowledge what people say in addition to responding.

I'm one of those people that can't help reading subtitles if they are at the bottom of the screen when I watch a movie. I have to turn them off.
Palmer consider.. fuck what other people think unless you know and respect their take.. and sometimes fuck them too. You already know what important to you and how your going to behave to satisfy you.. realize this and you remove the power the peanut gallery has to bother you. Freedom

If we didn't have the like button we wouldn't know that our comments were being read. Whether we get a like or a laugh or a heart it lets us know that at least someone cares enough to read what we wrote.

Do you not like your comments being liked or do you just not prefer to like others.

If this function really bothers you TLB might be able to go in the software and adjust it for you.

Or are you just being whiny?
hey now.......im the whiney one, now im jealous

i love to respond unnecessarily, see

Yeah, it's not a competition.

UNLESS YOU'RE ME!!!!

And your reactions just passed your messages, which basically means I got an A+.

You can pry my reaction score from my cold dead hands.

Joking, sorta, but as mal said I don't believe there's a way to turn it off, and I don't think this is a commonly enough held sentiment to make that kind of big change.

I personally like them. It's not a competition, but it's nice to be able to acknowledge what people say in addition to responding.

Drag Queen Kiss GIF by Paramount+
Tennis Competition GIF

i love the like button - i think it could use a few more reactions too but it does the job like mal was saying it does - it confirms you read something without a response - it's like a little courtesy confirmation....the like button is relatively new to forums and i think it's a great addition

i would just stay off of facebook instead

Status
Not open for further replies.