View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives Can I trip on Risperdal

Mitchb105

Greenlighter
I am on 2mg of Risperdal. What drugs can I trip on? I did a gram of shrooms last week and got rushy but no visuals. What can I trip on while on Risperdal 2 mg daily? I like pot but don’t get much from shrooms. I used to trip a lot 45 years ago.

Yeah risperidone is going to really fuck up anything you trying to do with respect to serotonin or dopamine.

Your dose is probably going to prevent you from even enjoying any amphetamines, most phenethylamines, and probably most psychedelics. Again, depending on dose.

Just some info, risperidone is used to basically kill a meth high. Your dose is not high enough to actually do that (depending on the dose of methamphetamine), but they use risperidone to bring people down from amphetamine induced psychosis.

Risperdal or risperidone also causes QT prolongation which can cause you to have fatal arrhythmia or heart block. And this is just on the medication.

This isn't really an issue when they try and kill a meth high. But if you're on long-term risperidone maintenance and then you start using amphetamines or psychedelics that cause cardiac issues, you may be setting yourself up for cardiac death.

If I were you, I'd research a lot more about it.

I am on 2mg of Risperdal. What drugs can I trip on? I did a gram of shrooms last week and got rushy but no visuals. What can I trip on while on Risperdal 2 mg daily? I like pot but don’t get much from shrooms. I used to trip a lot 45 years ago.
Don’t do it, my dude. If you must, I would suggest a long break before hand. Like as long as a reputable medical source says it takes to get out of your system.

Last edited:
Yeah risperidone is going to really fuck up anything you trying to do with respect to serotonin or dopamine.

Your dose is probably going to prevent you from even enjoying any amphetamines, most phenethylamines, and probably most psychedelics. Again, depending on dose.

Just some info, risperidone is used to basically kill a meth high. Your dose is not high enough to actually do that (depending on the dose of methamphetamine), but they use risperidone to bring people down from amphetamine induced psychosis.

Risperdal or risperidone also causes QT prolongation which can cause you to have fatal arrhythmia or heart block. And this is just on the medication.

This isn't really an issue when they try and kill a meth high. But if you're on long-term risperidone maintenance and then you start using amphetamines or psychedelics that cause cardiac issues, you may be setting yourself up for cardiac death.

If I were you, I'd research a lot more about it.
Is it the same for chronic haloperidol

Is it the same for chronic haloperidol
Probably. I think haloperidol may actually be more cardiac involved than risperidone.

I actually have access to risperidone and I refuse to use it to kill amphetamine highs because I'm afraid of cardiac involvement.

I know someone on risperdal that managed to trip on dmt and shrooms but i forget what dose she was on. I am wondering myself if i can still trip even though i am on zyprexa.

I know someone on risperdal that managed to trip on dmt and shrooms but i forget what dose she was on. I am wondering myself if i can still trip even though i am on zyprexa.
You may be able to trip if only on 2.5mg zyprexa daily but once you go over that, you can't trip no matter the amount of hallucinogen

I've tried very hard to get high on crystal meth while taking 10mg haloperidol daily and basically nothing happens despite a potent batch. I even tested a sample and it was between 80-90% methamphetamine

You may be able to trip if only on 2.5mg zyprexa daily but once you go over that, you can't trip no matter the amount of hallucinogen

I've tried very hard to get high on crystal meth while taking 10mg haloperidol daily and basically nothing happens despite a potent batch. I even tested a sample and it was between 80-90% methamphetamine

Im on 10mg's a day. Why 2.5 though? I had no trouble getting high on coke when i was on abilify. I got to high in fact a few times. I havent tried it so far with the zyprexa though but i have no trouble getting a rush from morphine.

Im thinking if the person i know on risperdal managed to trip then i should to as risperdal is a stronger antipsychotic. Unlike zyprexa which i wouldnt know im taking besides the munchies risperdal and invega (basically the same thing as risperdal) gave me serious anhedonia and also shot my sex drive all to hell and i couldnt get it up on it. But im not getting any of those side effects from zyprexa.

Im on 10mg's a day. Why 2.5 though? I had no trouble getting high on coke when i was on abilify. I got to high in fact a few times. I havent tried it so far with the zyprexa though but i have no trouble getting a rush from morphine.

Im thinking if the person i know on risperdal managed to trip then i should to as risperdal is a stronger antipsychotic. Unlike zyprexa which i wouldnt know im taking besides the munchies risperdal and invega (basically the same thing as risperdal) gave me serious anhedonia and also shot my sex drive all to hell and i couldnt get it up on it. But im not getting any of those side effects from zyprexa.
Cause 2.5mg is the lowest dose that is prescribed and the antipsychotic effect is weak at that dose

Let me know if you are able to trip on that olanzapine (I was also on 10mgs and only got a weak stimulant effect from meth), I doubt you'll be able to but you never know I guess

Rispiridone is a potent 5HT2a receptor antagonist. You'll get nowhere until you take a huge dose to displace the rispiridone. It will be like an acid thumbprint.
My advice - don't

my friend fell over from taking an 1/8th of shrooms and risperdal one time. i don't think this is common, but he was out for a good hour or two. he woke up a couple times screaming. it was a really weird experience. he may have been coming off of risperdal and was abusing the doses when he was on it, i'm not sure, but there was definitely some risperdal in the mix.

on the other hand, i personally found weed and any anti-psychotic to be a pleasant experience on therepuetic doses of the anti-psychotic. i found the high to be almost the same as if i were not on any anti-psychotics. i'm pretty sure weed works on a different part of the brain than most anti-psychotics, cannabinoid receptors or whatever are being pressed. i don't think anti-psychotics stop that... i'm sure some people will disagree though cause there's whole other threads about invega and abilify (which i've never tried), i'm not sure if i'm getting the right names, but people say these anti-psychotic injections stopped their highs for months at a time. i'm guessing it's different for different people.

EDIT: i'm editing this post to to say my friend that passed out also had pretty strong schizophrenia and he was telling me how he had water on his brain when he was a baby or something. i don't know. i haven't heard anything else on the net about people passing out from shrooms. he might be a medical miracle or whatever. he was totally abusing risperdal too, taking like handfuls at a time. i've never heard of anybody else knowing about this.

Last edited:
Cause 2.5mg is the lowest dose that is prescribed and the antipsychotic effect is weak at that dose

Let me know if you are able to trip on that olanzapine (I was also on 10mgs and only got a weak stimulant effect from meth), I doubt you'll be able to but you never know I guess

Then why did coke work fine on abilify then? Shitty that meth didnt work for you. And ya i will let you know how it goes Im not sure weather to get penis cactus or shrooms though i think i will get shrooms as they are cheaper and i dont want to spend much money on something that may not work

Abilify is a dopamine agonist. Zyprexa is a dopamine antagonist, like risperidone and haloperidol.

Then why did coke work fine on abilify then? Shitty that meth didnt work for you. And ya i will let you know how it goes Im not sure weather to get penis cactus or shrooms though i think i will get shrooms as they are cheaper and i dont want to spend much money on something that may not work
Because abilify works differently than zyprexa or risperidone or haloperidol. Abilify is actually a dopamine agonist meaning it makes dopamine receptors work better when exposed to dopamine.

The other three shut dopamine receptors down.

Because abilify works differently than zyprexa or risperidone or haloperidol. Abilify is actually a dopamine agonist meaning it makes dopamine receptors work better when exposed to dopamine.

The other three shut dopamine receptors down.

That's weird because abilify fucked me right up and gave me horrible anhedonia and no sex drive but i hardly notice any side effects from zyprexa

I took Zyprexa for many years, generally a dose over 2.5 mgs (ranged from 2.5 to 10) and I was completely unable to trip during that time. I once took 4 blotter tabs of a very strong acid and nothing much happened; it felt like maybe 1/2 a tab, not even a threshold dose really. I wouldn’t waste your money, if you want to trip take a week’s break from the Zyprexa.

Incidentally, I saw your other post about cutting out wheat; wheat isn’t the problem, dude. It’s the Zyprexa. On this med, I ballooned up to almost 200 lbs, and I’ve been pretty thin most of my life. Zyprexa made it impossible for me to lose weight no matter what I did. It’s a shit drug. I understand if you need it, but fortunately I was able to stop taking it without any serious repercussions for my mental health.

I took Zyprexa for many years, generally a dose over 2.5 mgs (ranged from 2.5 to 10) and I was completely unable to trip during that time. I once took 4 blotter tabs of a very strong acid and nothing much happened; it felt like maybe 1/2 a tab, not even a threshold dose really. I wouldn’t waste your money, if you want to trip take a week’s break from the Zyprexa.

Incidentally, I saw your other post about cutting out wheat; wheat isn’t the problem, dude. It’s the Zyprexa. On this med, I ballooned up to almost 200 lbs, and I’ve been pretty thin most of my life. Zyprexa made it impossible for me to lose weight no matter what I did. It’s a shit drug. I understand if you need it, but fortunately I was able to stop taking it without any serious repercussions for my mental health.

Fucking shitty. I am only on 10mg's though and im hoping that if the person i knew who was on risperdal still tripped i should be able to as zyprexa isnt really as strong as risperdal. I can get shrooms pretty cheap anyway so i won't be losing much. Ill just get the penis envy ones and take a fuckload.

I just got on a scale today and believe it or not you can lose weight on zyprexa. I lost 5lbs in no time by giving up regular cola and switching to diet. I can't really go off the zyprexa as i don't want to risk another psychotic episode and end up back in that hell called a psych ward. I have enough ptsd already from my last fucking stay. Fuck that place right off.

I have decided not to repeat shrooms any time soon but my research shows me that one can use shrooms on risperdal but the experience would not be very psychedelic however there has been noted benefit of shrooms for people with PTSD who use antipsychotic meds. Please do not take my word for it. Please research before doing.

Oh man, i read this as "can i trip FROM risperdal" which sounds like a terrible idea..

I was prescribed it as a young kid and i just remembering it knocking me out after a long day of adderall. I once passed out on my feet while walking up the stairs. I hope to never take it again in my life.