• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Can I take truffles with a history of depression and PTSD?

Abluxie

Greenlighter
Hello! the title says summarize the question I have, but here is some details.

I'm going to Amsterdam in a couple of weeks and I'm considering to take a small dose of truffles and i've done my research but can't find any relating articles on this (most likely me not looking for it enough) and read it can make PTSD & depression worse and help, but here is the thing, I used to have it, the diagnosis is removed as I am no longer depressed or have any other mental illness and I am in a very good place in my life and I feel like if I where to take truffles now is the time;)

So I was wondering if it could be "reasonably" safe for me to take truffles or if I should just stick with weed while I'm there. =D

You'll be fine. If anything, weed is more anxiety inducing.

I'm still depressed to this day but I've been taking psychedelics the past 5 years.

The first hour or two can be intense and uncomfortable, but remember, it will always pass.

Last edited:
i find that people can overstate being in a good mindset before tripping. i find that as long as you haven't had any terrible breakdowns that day then you should be fine for the most part. don't let psychedelics reputation get to you, you know?

weed is more anxiety inducing.
You are absolutely right, I've had some terrible moments when I first started smoking weed.

The first hour or two can be intense and uncomfortable, but remember, it will always pass.
Thanks for the warning, I'm thinking about taking 2g of dried truffles just to start it off slow and get a feeling of how the drug works.

On the subject of breakdowns I have not had any type of breakdowns the last two years or even longer so I would say it's highly unlikely for me to have one the day i'm traveling as i'm am just really excited and don't feel nervous at all, but you never know as this is my first time traveling and i'm going alone, so what I got out of this is I should just listen to what I feel like before taking any thing, and if I feel good about it i should go for it.

The thing I was most worried about is if Psilocybin had a reputation to "bring back" the mental illness, I've heard it can be very "dark" and "unforgiving" in high dosage but I'm not taking more that 2g as stated above for the reason that I'm alone so no one can tripsit me and It's my first time ;) Now the reason for me wanting taking Psilocybin is not partially just because I want to "explore" something new, what I want out of the trip is help with personal growth, if possible at this dosage.

At 2g, it mostly won't be bad but if you look at the University of Wisconsin study, people can get plenty of fear at small doses. Some people handle large doses better.

I would recommend having a trip sitter, but since you are on vacation I would just pull up one of the live chats for tripping that there are, just in case.

Really 2g will probably just be fun but I don't think it's ever a bad idea to take precautions. I suggest "Boards of Canada" to listen to and a long nature walk.