• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Can I take this much codeine in a day?

Anon1990

Greenlighter
I currently take 150mg codeine phosphate (no apap) in morning & 180mg in evening. Would it be safe to also take another 150mg in afternoon?
So 480mg in a 12 hour period?

It depends on your tolerance, but for most it will be fine. However, staggered dosing of codeine in a 24 hour period is rather ineffective.

Will there be any serious concern for respitory depression? It's what I worry about the most.
I know I won't get as good of a buzz if any but it keeps me going at work.
I'm only a 110 pound female, 5ft but I have quite a tolerance

If you have "quite a tolerance", the doses you stated in the OP will be fine. Hell, the first opiate I ever took was codeine, and I used 300 mg for my first time. Not the brightest idea but I didn't notice any suppression of breath. Further, the LD50 for codeine is quite high. I'm unsure of the level right now but you can Google "LD 50 for codeine" and find it. I believe it was above the 800 mg mark. It really does take A LOT of codeine to OD and die from ...

what form of codeine are you taking ? syrup pills etc.. all forms hit different.

you will be safe but i would do it throughout a day not at all the same time !! im jealous

Thanks everyone! Feel a bit better about it now! This is the highest dose I get to then start a tolerance break again, dreading that! But I wouldnt want to go any higher than 180mg (maybe 210) a dose.

Yes, it is safe considering you already have a fairly significant tolerance to Codeine. The biggest issue you will need to deal with is a heightened dependence upon the drug.