• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Can I swallow Syrian rue seeds without chewing and receive the effect?

ros1816

Bluelighter
I have just swallowed 5g of the seeds in some juice wihout chewing with the aim of in 30 minutes taking my DMT freebase.

Im trying for oral DMT / pharmahuasca.

Will it work given that I havent chewed the seeds at all?

No...probably not. Seed hulls tend to resist digestion...thats how they propogate, by being dispersed intact.
grind them and cap them. 3-5 grams should be enough.

That's right ^

pre-grind them, if you can't locate a mortar and pestle or grinder then whacking it with a hammer can work (I've done that), but it is a chore and makes a mess.

Thanks for speedy response guys!

Ok, so I'm gonna take 5g more. We tried mashing them up with a spanner but didnt work so are now brewing in hot water with lemon and sugar for 30 mins. This should do the trick?

Thanks for speedy response guys!

Ok, so I'm gonna take 5g more. We tried mashing them up with a spanner but didnt work so are now brewing in hot water with lemon and sugar for 30 mins. This should do the trick?

Put in coffee grinder or blender, grind to DUST, cap them, and eat them...

The husks need to rupture and even if just boiling accomplishes this the seed are still very oily and will resist parting with their contents into water w/o a lot of exposed SA...GRIND THEM UP.

oh, what's a "spanner"?

Last edited:
Sounds best.

Hope this attempt works. It's just gonna taste minging but will still work from what I read

Do the seeds have to be ground up to make a tea? We tried mashing them but they arent really ground up?

Shall I abandon the whole process? and do something else with my evening haha?

Just swallowed the liquid after infusing for half an hour. tastes fucking vile, which must mean it's got some of the good stuff in it surely

Here is my dilemma. I've drunk the tea but I don't know if the seeds were sufficiently ground up. I've now got the boiled seeds and mashed them up pretty well with a spoon, and I don't know if I should eat them. I read something about someone who was hospitalized after eating 10g of the boiled seeds...

I'm going to eat the seeds in half an hour unless I start feeling something or someone on here tells me I really really shouldn't.

I don't know what is on the outside of those seeds and if that is something you'd want to wash off rather than brew a tea from... but you really need to find a way to grind them or bust them thoroughly to get the goodies out. They are just too tough otherwise we keep telling you. :)

You don't have a blender either or something like that? Like I said it is a chore if you don't have the proper equipment but I bet it's more or less necessary.

Did you ever get anywhere with this ros? Did the DMT ever go down the hatch and did you feel anything?

Please use the edit button if you want to add something to a post..

Mission succesful after setbacks.

1730 Swallowed 6g seeds whole. Didnt work.

1845 Began to brew 6g seeds with lemon juice and sugar.

1905 Drank the tea with some difficulty. It tasted foul. Felt calmer but decided it hadnt really worked.

1930 After boiling the seeds they burst open and we were able to mash them in a sieve. I then swallowed the 6g of seeds. Within 20 minutes I was feeling strong body heaviness and sensations.

2000 I dissolved 400mg DMT freebase powder in 300ml of pepsi and drank it. I began to have strong bodily sensations as if I was in a plane or spaceship taking off. After 6 mins I was projectile vomiting. My gf said that I may have lost all the DMT I had just put it in so I then dissolved another 200mg of DMT freebase in pepsi and drank this. I did not vomit much anymore but a degree of nausea remained. I began to have anxious thoughts and thoughts of low self worth but they werent a massive problem (around 2045). The visuals were minimal throughout the trip. I was babbling a lot and speaking nonsense. I had a sense of things I needed to do and people I needed to apologise to.

2100-2300 During this period there may have been something I experienced that I blacked out or it may just have been me babbling and having confused thoughts.

2300 After 3 hours the babbling had subsided and I was left with a real body high and a very wired feeling that persisted for 4 hours. I finally managed to sleep with 10mg of valium.

It wasn't great and wasn't awful. It was similar to a mushrooms trip. I am glad I did it but I'm not sure I learnt an awful lot from it other than that my main focus with DMT should be injection both IV and IM, and a bit of smoking. Alternatively, I may have dosed too strongly and blacked out during the main period of the trip - therefore I need to do Pharmauasca again with a lower dose and in a more appopriate setting.

Doesn't sound too spectacular ros - throwing up within 6 mins of the DMT going down the hatch is unusual. I'd go for a different MAOI like moclobemide, at least that won't cause any nausea by itself.

I did keep the 200mg of DMT down for good.

Will try and source some Moclobemide. It's hard to find where I live but I think that's the only way pharmahuasca might be worth doing again. Was not a very interesting time.