• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Can I still function as a normal person on 100ug?

TurnipKing

Greenlighter
So I've only ever done between 180ug and 280ug doses of lsd, I'm getting some 'weak' tabs in (100ug) and I was wondering if I could go out and do normal shit with my mates who will probably be stoned, or will even 100ug be too intense and I'll be too zoned out? Thanks.

what are the pros in your mind, of going out in public on 100ug of acid, and hanging out with friends who might be stoned?

to me the cons might be worrying that you think people know you are on drugs, the worry turning into panic, turning into an uncomfortable trip.

being on a different level to everyone else, worrying they are judging you. / overthinking things

to me tripping in public just brings with it way too many variables to be able to account for

I doubt your doses are exactly what you think they are, its very hard to measure UG on blotter just because of how little the weight is. Normal "weak" tabs are around the 30-50 ug range, if they are in that range you could possibly function fine.

An actual 100 µg dose is not weak by any means and could make it hard for you to handle yourself in public.

I can (and have done). It sure made it more difficult to think and go about my daily business, but nobody could tell I was on drugs. Hell: even while tripping I'm still a lot sharper than most people in my shitty little town.
That said; when I take LSD I almost never take less than 200mcg. The mindfuck is extremely strong with acid and I would never take it for a 'functional' trip. If you're after a more lucid experience I would recommend a 2C-x. I've heard 2C-B is quite gentle and sociable. Personally, the only one I've ever tried is 2C-E (hundreds of times)... I still haven't got around to trying any of the other ones because I love 2C-E so much.

100ugs would acutally have you tripping pretty good if you ask me, but a standard street blotter would normally be okay to function on.

200 can potentially be earth-shattering to some, at least of pure product.

It all depends on the person. In my crazy days I could function normally, I use to take acid on normal days and do normal people things like go food shopping, wait in line at the post office etc because it was interesting that way. I would never recommend going into a situation where you need to act normal because that confining aspect can drive you crazy but if your mates are cool just go and dont tell them.

Whenever I was solo tripping i wouldnt tell my friends because its weird to bring up "oh hey im on acid" and one time my friend was even like "oh come on you know szuko hes probably tripping right now!" and i said "no" just to avoid the whole "what the hell" moment everyone would have. If you know how you handle it sure why not but if your new I would wait I had at least 5 strong trips before I ventured out.

One hundred micrograms is not a "weak" blotter. On 100 ug, no, you wouldn't be able to pass for normal. If nothing else, your dilated pupils would give you away.

One hundred micrograms is not a "weak" blotter. On 100 ug, no, you wouldn't be able to pass for normal. If nothing else, your dilated pupils would give you away.

I hardly consider dilated pupils to be a give away anyway, but then again I have dark brown eyes which help. Plenty of things dilate pupils and people really need to both know to look and look to see them. Your immediate family and law enforcement might break your stones, but a cashier at a gas station wouldnt notice.

Well the reviews were good so hopefully they are 100ug. It's not that I want to hide the fact I'm on acid from my friends, they will probably want to do it aswell, I just want to make sure I don't get scared and too confused as I will be outside and it probably won't be too private.

hmmmmm..... the minute you start over thinking what normal is it could go bad IMO. If you tend to not be a paranoid person you may be OK. But ask yourself this, what is normal..... and why would you do a psychedelic and then try to conform to anyone elses standards?

Going out in public once you are in a comfort zone can be awesome, you feel a sense of buzzing confidence.

Coming into your trip can be awkward enough, place yourself in a public setting and it can get a lil strange.....

I went to a Water park on 3 hits of good LSD, and came up in the car ride over. The walk to the security gate was just a lil unnerving, thank god I had sunglasses, cause even on a bright and sunny day I felt like my pupils were blown up.

Once I was in the park it was a blast, now granted this was when I was in my early 20's, My most vivid memory is of standing in line for a water slide and watching this girls awesome tattoo move around. It was one of those moments where I wished I had some weed, cause I probably would have offered to smoke a bowl with her, but we kinda freaked about bringing weed into the park with us, and the idea of going out, getting a stamp to come back in seemed improbable, and impractical.

Even if you feel confident, you may find it hard to communicate with others, now worries, just become the strong silent type. I have wound up going to suburbian walks that landed me in Wa-wa or 7-11, all that artificial light can be kinda freaky, but damnit when you want a pack of menthols, some twizzlers, and a cold drink...... you gotta do what you gotta do.

100ug isn't arguably enough if your experienced but If you think 100ug are weak blotters you are believing a load of dealer BS most are below this some by quite a bit. LSD is potent stuff

My favorite way to hit the town is with half a 150ug blotter, no one notices I'm tripping, for me that dose just provides euphoria and a general feeling of wellbeing, it removes all social anxiety and I only have very mild visuals.

Saying that, last time I did that the blotter turned out to be much stronger than the previous ones (same reported strength, same source, print, everything) so be Careful. I had a great time, but everyone knew I was fucked lol

Go off your own experience, how did you handle 180ug? Can you imagine talking to people in public if you were on a bit less than that?

Myself, I find the peak of about 300ug is right on the edge of too intense to be walking out in public. If I give it a couple of hours to adjust then sure. But I want to be on a dose of about 250ug or less if I'm trying to converse with members of the public, buy things, take potential risks, etc.

Being able to handle yourself on acid or other substances is actually a skill - I know it sounds pretentious but it's true, you can get used to the effects and learn to not have them interfere with what you're doing. The first times I went outside while tripping were nerve-racking, since then they've become much less stressful adventures.

For me personally I can function on high doses as long as I using LSD that I have done before. I have taken 500ug before and my roomate didn't know til I told him. I find goin in public while tripping can cause anxiety but I fimd it helpful to keep telling urself that im overthinking it and am beimg paranoid.

Realistically, you'll only know if you can handle that dose in public when you're out in public. Thinking about it or imagining it is never the same as the real thing.

My girl and I tripped on about 150ug and we found ourselves alternatively able and unable to interact with people. We needed to walk across town to get to a park, and on the way some people seemed amicable, while some people seemed grotesque, their voices and mannerisms like something out of Goya. Sometimes we had to pause and wait at a distance for people to pass; other times we could handle the strangeness of close proximity.

We had an interesting encounter with a man with a one-eyed dog. We were just past peak, sitting on a bench overlooking the park, when this man approached with his beautiful dog. He said something that made little sense, and, though he appeared to be more than 60 years old, and physically unwell, with sunken cheeks and a sallow complexion, he mentioned having just had walked his three-year-old son for three hours in a stroller. I expressed my surprise at him walking for three hours, at which point he quickly turned and left. He seemed spooked by my comment. To this day my girlfriend and I don't know if he was real. We discussed for a long time whether he really existed, and whether he was crazier than we were. Perhaps he met his match.

In some ways it doesn't matter if you can function on LSD; many people aren't functioning well while completely sober. And since relatively low doses of LSD don't give off any signs that you're on the drug, aside from dilated pupils, no one will be the wiser. I'd just stay away from heavy machinery.

I say go for it -- you'll gain interesting perspective from tripping around the Normals.

Honestly as someone else stated, you really dont know how many ugs are in a given in a single dose despite what you are told when it was acquired. Theres so many variables involved in accurately dosing street LSD. Unless it was sent to a lab or a unicorn appreared and you were sold solidifyed lsd crystals, the opinions of others will vary. (If you were id like to get to know your friends)

A given dose purported to be 100ug might actually be anywhere from 30/40ug or 90/100 and everywhere inbetween; below or higher. If youve taken enough lsd you have a general idea of what you got. But for an inexperienced user who was sold 40ug and told it was 100ug, would express that 100ug is too weak! Take 3 or 4 hits!

On the opposite end of the spectrum, a newer user who was sold a different dose of 100ug, that might be slightly less/more or spot on, would tell you to only take one or two in this situation.

All im trying to get at is that the question is rather subjective and users opinions are going to vary, relative to experience and actual dose. Other factors such as storage, temperature variability and degradation might also be at play here.

Body chemistry, history of mental illness, grey market rc’s going around and so on...all should be all be taken into consideration as well.

With all that being said, i live in the real world just like the rest of us. (Perhaps not if we’re all ingesting lysergamides) and i find that im able to converse, still retain a decent sense of reason and interact with others on ~100ug. That lower dose is going to be more introspective and thought provoking than it will be visual, so i say take it...but take it easy. Maybe take half to 3/4 and see how you do and take the rest after the comeup if youre really that concerned. Or take some phenibut before and have benzos handy. You obviously know if this isnt your first time dosing that you can always take more and not less. Have fun.

Edit: wow i just noticed this thread was from 2015. ^^^ Why would you bump this and respond? Im sorry if i sound arrogant but i took interest in it and stopped in the middle of doing something to respond.Here i am giving trying to give advice to someone who already took the tab 3 years ago.

Last edited:
Some people are necromancers, it's just he way of the world.