• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

can I snort clonazepam?

kpunk2017

Bluelighter
got some pills, to be honest snorting is a lot more fun, but idk about the potency, should I just shallow?

There is no point. Has a lower bioavailability than oral (benzos have near 100% oral bioavailability). Snorting fillers damages your sinuses. Benzos do not provide a rush. You're wasting drugs by snorting benzos.

Yes, you can snort it. But it's also a very dubious and wasteful thing to do.

If you need a "snorting fix" you're better off eating the pills and snorting some water, preferably distilled water or saline.

There is no point. Has a lower bioavailability than oral (benzos have near 100% oral bioavailability). Snorting fillers damages your sinuses. Benzos do not provide a rush. You're wasting drugs by snorting benzos.

Yes, you can snort it. But it's also a very dubious and wasteful thing to do.

If you need a "snorting fix" you're better off eating the pills and snorting some water, preferably distilled water or saline.
I can confirm from over 2 years of benzo abuse, snorting will not produce the high you seek. Swallow the pill, drink some water, and wait.

The bioavailability as in the percentage of drug which your body absorbs is near 100 percent with benzoes taken orally. You could sniff it, but there's almost no point. The first answer in the thread is the right one.

Clonazepam can be snorted. It might not be the most effective way to absorb it but it does work.

It feels cool and minty in your nose.

I have a lot of experience with this. It seems to vary from benzo to benzo, and like others have pointed out, there is no real rush and has a very high oral bioavailability, while most of them have a low intranasal bioavailability. The science behind this is proven and widely accepted.

Now, I will report my findings. I have found that while it doesn't provide an extreme effect instantly like other drugs, it does have a somewhat instant effect. Especially pressed bars, and I also found what doesn't hit you then, does hit you later. Once you put something inside of your body, it can not be un-taken as we all know, and it will hit your system eventually. I think its wasteful, but I still do it because I enjoy railing. If you are low, definitely avoid this. If you want to rail something and have some to spare, its not any worse than snorting anything else.

I've heard midazolam is one that can be snorted but it's a benzo I've never tried. Like others have said, the B/A of oral benzos is high so any other ROA is just a waste imo

Clonazepam can be snorted. It might not be the most effective way to absorb it but it does work.

Do you can back that up anyhow? I know there are ampules for rectal administration of diazepam but I’ve never real that something like clonazepam can be snorted.

Oral might be still better BA but clonazepam gets absorbed better than most other sublingually, so if I am not mistaken it should somewhat do something nasally too. Done it many times sublingually, it works.

Or I am totally lost making connection with sublingual and nasal route? Anyway the study implies it is worth something at least.

Intranasal clonazepam (5 mg ml-1) was prepared by dissolving clonazepam (Bufa, The Netherlands)
together with dimethyl-β-cyclodextrin (Avebe, The
Netherlands) in a molar ratio of 1:8 in 96% v/v
ethanol. The solvent was evaporated and the residue
redissolved in 0.9% w/v saline. The pH was adjusted
to 3.0. The intranasal spray device was a unit-dose
pump (Pfeiffer GmbH, Germany).
ok this totally changes it. this is apparently referring to the study, pointed out in

For fun I add quote from NJ addiction resources bullshit warning!!!

Clonazepam, or Klonopin, is administered as oral tablets taken with water or wafers that are self-dissolving. However, individuals who abuse Klonopin may crush these tablets to powder form and snort them instead because it increases the onset of the sedating and calming rush.

The bioavailability of any medication is the amount of the drug taken that gets absorbed and activated inside the body. In the case of Klonopin, the target areas are the brain and the nervous system. Thus, the bioavailability of Klonopin would be the amount of the substance able to create a sedative effect on the nervous system. Snorting rather than swallowing Klonopin causes it to reach the brain quickly. There, it causes an immediate tranquil or sedated feeling and may attain peak concentration within minutes.

There are inherent dangers in snorting Klonopin. One significant hazard is the risk of overdosing. Since several tablets have to be crushed to get enough Klonopin powder to snort, exceeding the prescribed dosage is not unusual. Individuals also run the risk of becoming addicted to the drug as their bodies develop tolerance over time. Other dangers are damages to the nostrils and buccal cavity.

This is purely for fun, don't take this seriously!!!

I'll throw this one out there for those of you who think solubility is necessary for intranasal.

25i -NBOH is almost insoluble in water yet you trip balls almost instantly from snorting it.

I have also snorted crack before in jail and gotten high like it was powder. Everyone said it would not work but it did.

I used to know a guy who sold crack that snorted it.

Do you can back that up anyhow? I know there are ampules for rectal administration of diazepam but I’ve never real that something like clonazepam can be snorted.
The only proof I have is my own witness testimony that it was effective.

You can definitely absorb drugs through your mucous membranes that are not water soluble, it just happens less quickly than if it's water soluble. I have snorted and plugged AMT freebase (snorting it was absolutely horrible, it burned for like 30 minutes and oh god the smell... I smelled AMT freebase for a whole day, and if you've smelled it before... it's about the worst smell I can think of). But I got high, for damn sure.

You CAN snort clonazepam, but it works better orally. You absorb some in your nasal passages, but you probably end up swallowing most of it from the drip anyway.

All this snorting talk got me in the mood to snort some mdma.

Fucking trip on ecstasy!