• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Can i smoke weed after depersonalization?

rick4545

Greenlighter
So i just spend 3 months recovering DP from a bad trip, i smoked a king-sized joint with all kinds of strains (haze/indica/hash).
After that i literally tought my brain was a balloon and that someone pinned it with a needle and air was flowing out, trippy right?

Before that i smoked regularly little amounts with a bong 0.1g indica that would give me a good buzz and never expierenced any real problems.

Have any of you guys been able to smoke weed again after depersonalization?

Thanks,

It was probably all the weed. When I smoke, I do about five times a day at least (unfortunately not today) ismoke like two good pulls outthesocketand follow that with a bowl of tobacco, so I know what you mean sometimes if eel readout of place to if iburn alot.

i think you should be more specific about the past three months and your current status before anyone can give you a recommendation.

for me personally it took over two years until I could smoke weed again.

Well, the first month i was really just living life from a distance, everything was on auto-pilot, and really weird.
Second month was better, i learned to deal with it and went outside alot to clear my head.
3rd month was kinda in-out of it, and now i feel kinda fine.

I miss smoking weed alot, but i'm a little scared to try it , i don't want my next smoke to last 3 years or something.

Personally I wouldn't.

From what i've read, DP is caused by anxiety.
The strong cannabis these days is more likely to produce anxiety in most users unless it's a proper Indica strain.

Maybe you can wait a long time and see how you feel then. I know what DP can feel like. It's a sorta "auto-pilot" feeling iirc. Be very careful, your mental health is more valuable than a weed high.

I was an avid smoker for 10 years or more, then I tripped out. It was like a domino effect with smoking and "tripping out". Funny thing is I tripped out on some shwag ass weed to, but that's beside the point. Anyways, I would start having more mini panic attacks, then that developed into just full blown panic attacks. Then your worse fear became having panic attack, (and this is when the vicious cycle begins"! Then I was like Pavlov's dog at one point. My girlfriend at the time was still smoking, and if I was around her when she started smoking, just the smell of weed would cause me to have panic attacks. My body tried warning me of weed, but I loved it so much. It just kept fucking with me and fucking with me till I had to just let it go. It took a while for my anxiety and panic issue to go away. I would say it was about 10 months, but after that I have been fine, but I haven't gone back to smoking weed.

Personally I wouldn't.

From what i've read, DP is caused by anxiety.
The strong cannabis these days is more likely to produce anxiety in most users unless it's a proper Indica strain.

Maybe you can wait a long time and see how you feel then. I know what DP can feel like. It's a sorta "auto-pilot" feeling iirc. Be very careful, your mental health is more valuable than a weed high.

Excellent advice.

Weed used to be heaven, but now its hell for me.
After a while you just know its not worth it, because it will end horrible.

Why smoking something what makes you feel bad?
That is so stupid.

Weed used to be heaven, but now its hell for me.
After a while you just know its not worth it, because it will end horrible.

Why smoking something what makes you feel bad?
That is so stupid.

I know man, but i have so many good memories with weed, the culture, all my friends smoke.
It's a hard change, do you have any advice that creates a similair weed high? I tried to take tons of valerian but it's kinda meh.

people who have pyroluria usually get depersonalization/derealization so get you zinc/b6/ checked ,you can recover from this rather easy in most cases

The bizarre paradoxical nature of weed is that it could either shoot you straight back into DP (which I've experienced too and KNOW how nasty it can be-) or, it could totally ground you and pull you out of it.

For the sake of HR i'd say take NO DRUGS for a few months until you feel completely stable again. DP is no way to live.

Much love.

Thanks guys, for alle the response and advice.
I may be starting weed sometime again in the future, but with the tiniest dose possible.
But for now i will stick to some gin and juice, and pop some valerian root now and then.

I think depersonalization is kinda random roulette, sometimes you can smoke ok and one time it hits you.
So when i'm 100% comfortable about it ill think about using again , but like i said i will smoke with the smallest dose to eliminate the chance of a panick attack.

If any ex-depersonalization patient can give me some advise , on re-entering the world of weed , please help me out.

I had depersonalization for like one year, exactly like what you described. Do not smoke weed.

In the midst of my DP i quit weed (i was already staying away from it, but not totally) and now, 5 months later i feel almost 100%.

I smoked a bit of weed this weekend, just to test the waters and actually enjoyed it, no DP again, but im pretty sure that if i go back to smokin my tits off and getting higher than Jupiter all the time it will come back.

So, fwiw, if you enjoy weed, i would refrain from using it until you feel very well and this DP episode is in the past you know.

Its hard quitting weed cuz its fuckin everywhere, but i guess it will be for the best.

I had depersonalization for like one year, exactly like what you described. Do not smoke weed.

In the midst of my DP i quit weed (i was already staying away from it, but not totally) and now, 5 months later i feel almost 100%.

I smoked a bit of weed this weekend, just to test the waters and actually enjoyed it, no DP again, but im pretty sure that if i go back to smokin my tits off and getting higher than Jupiter all the time it will come back.

So, fwiw, if you enjoy weed, i would refrain from using it until you feel very well and this DP episode is in the past you know.

Its hard quitting weed cuz its fuckin everywhere, but i guess it will be for the best.

thanks my man, are you planning on smoking more, like only in weekends or somethin?

Pretty much the same story for me as most others.
Long term smoker, never had any issues, not with anxiety or DP/DR.

I had been cutting down and smoking every couple of weeks due to financial problems. My tolerance had slipped. Whenever I would toke up I'd feel anxiety/panic which would subside within a couple of days once my tolerance started to build. After a 2 week break I bought some Thai, properly grown thai, really nice crystaly nugs. None of that thai stick lark. Pure Sativa, bad idea. I rolled up, took a few pulls and put it down to go about doing some shit. Within 5 minutes I was freaking out, full blown panic attack with DP/DR. Then from that day for the next few months I was out of it. I tried smoking, but everytime, it'd send my heart in a flutter and made me feel detached from myself.

7 months on without smoking and the DP/DR only hits me on the odd occasion for a small burst. An I've got over all the panic/anxiety. Though like you OP, the thought of toking does give me the willies. I love smoking, I like the culture etc... I just don't think for either of us, it's the best thing to do really. This time its only been months, what happens if next time it's years...

Pretty much the same story for me as most others.
Long term smoker, never had any issues, not with anxiety or DP/DR.

I had been cutting down and smoking every couple of weeks due to financial problems. My tolerance had slipped. Whenever I would toke up I'd feel anxiety/panic which would subside within a couple of days once my tolerance started to build. After a 2 week break I bought some Thai, properly grown thai, really nice crystaly nugs. None of that thai stick lark. Pure Sativa, bad idea. I rolled up, took a few pulls and put it down to go about doing some shit. Within 5 minutes I was freaking out, full blown panic attack with DP/DR. Then from that day for the next few months I was out of it. I tried smoking, but everytime, it'd send my heart in a flutter and made me feel detached from myself.

7 months on without smoking and the DP/DR only hits me on the odd occasion for a small burst. An I've got over all the panic/anxiety. Though like you OP, the thought of toking does give me the willies. I love smoking, I like the culture etc... I just don't think for either of us, it's the best thing to do really. This time its only been months, what happens if next time it's years...

thanks for youre reply man, have you ever tought of trying an indica in the future?
I've always loved indica's , i always took a hit before dinner and before sleeping, i miss those burning heavy effects the most lol.

thanks my man, are you planning on smoking more, like only in weekends or somethin?

i'm not gonna go back to actively smokin but yeah i guess i will smoke on weekends, may be not... but most importantly, small doses

if after a while right is still right, left is still left and i'm still i, then i'll keep otherwise i'll probably just give it up again

i'm not gonna go back to actively smokin but yeah i guess i will smoke on weekends, may be not... but most importantly, small doses

if after a while right is still right, left is still left and i'm still i, then i'll keep otherwise i'll probably just give it up again

thanks alot dude ! i really appreciate the time helping out, i think dosage is the most important thing and keep it to low thc/high cbd strain.

thanks alot dude ! i really appreciate the time helping out, i think dosage is the most important thing and keep it to low thc/high cbd strain.
Bro im more than glad to help. I been through this and it sucks dick. I dont know everything about it but ill do what i can to help.