• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Can I mix an oxyneo with a percocet?

DilaDil

Greenlighter
Hello! I understand that trying to get higher is against the rules, so I want to clarify I am not trying to do that... I want to reduce harm. I do not want to increase my usual dosage of oxycodone if it's not safe to mix these two medications!

Anyway, I recently acquired 2 10 mg Oxyneo (Or Oxy OP, in the states) and I am wondering if it is okay to take 2 5 mg percocets along with the Neo's, to raise my dosage of Oxycodone to 30 mg?

Or is mixing these two medications dangerous?

Thank you!

So do you generally take 30mg of oxy? It's daunting to suggest anything to someone who doesn't specify such details. Opioids/opiates can be taken in conjunction with each other for people who are not sensitive/allergic but if you haven't built up a tolerance that's not a combo I'd recommend to you at this time. Also what's you ROA?

I usually do 20-30 mg, sorry for no specifying. I have little to no tolerance, using once every two weeks or so, sometimes longer binges up to 4-5 days. I am taking these pills orally!

Ok then so the dose is in your range. I'm not a fan of the OPs and they don't do much for me due to their absorption but they stick around a little longer too so keep it in mind in case you come across more. Even if you don't get the same effect your body can build a tolerance taking them regularly so 30mg IR may not be all that after a while.

Besides the added CNS depression, it's relatively safe. They are the same medication, one is instant release and one is extended release, so there won't be any adverse reaction between the two. It's actually common practice for CP paitients to be prescribed both. They take the OP regularly, then take the instant release for breakthrough pain.

- Hopeless Soul