• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Bupe Can I Make a Suboxone Gel and apply it topically? Would this be more effective than other methods (save for Plugging and IV)?

User145667

Bluelighter
The reason I ask is because I noticed that there are Buprenorphine transdermal patches. Is it the patch that enables Bupe to behave like this or is it the fundamental nature of Buprenorphine itself to have topical bioavailability?

Bupe's a weird drug for me. Sometimes Sublingual route stops working so I switch to nasal. Then nasal quits and the cycle keeps going. Rectal ROA of opiates has never worked that well for me. It works more as a potentiator of other ROAs rather than working as an ROA itself. I have IV'd Subs before, but for obvious reasons I don't really wanna get back into banging. And besides, pills (even if they are created to dissolve) aren't great to shoot and I have suffered the consequences of shooting pills in the past (EXTREME eye pain from having binders and fillers filtering out of the veins in my eyes and some lung problems as well). And, with no rush from Subs--and with a shortened duration--it's simply not worth the trouble. Even if I can use less actual mg's at a time.

Also, what would the gel base need to be? I was thinking Propylene Glycol or Veggie Glycerin with a highly concentrated amount of Suboxone dissolved into it.

Also, on an unrelated note. Has anyone used morphine sublingually? I'm just curious. How well did it work? Thanks.

Last edited:
Hey @User145667

No big deal, but first off, kindly refrain from bumping your own posts. It implies that your thread is more important than the others also waiting for their answers.

There would really be no advantage in turning your Buprenorphine into a transdermal form. The primary advantage to such patches are a slow, steady and predictable amount of medication, usually over the course of 24-72 hours between patches. This leads to the next advantage, convenience.

I could get into specifics, but I think it's easier just to say, no, this is not what you're looking for. To answer a separate part of your thread, not all drugs are inherently able to be absorbed through the skin i.e. trasndermally. Some need to be paired with other agents within the patch that enable the substance to be absorbed efficiently.

I'm guessing you could take Morphine by the sublingual route. However, you have experience in using Morphine by other routes and it's highly unlikely that sublingual administration would have any advantage over them. For those not injecting, I always recommend the rectal route of administration. You get a good bioavailability and a fast(er) hit than other routes.

In short, these are things you could try, but I am very confident none of these experiments will get you what you're after.

Hey @User145667

No big deal, but first off, kindly refrain from bumping your own posts. It implies that your thread is more important than the others also waiting for their answers.

There would really be no advantage in turning your Buprenorphine into a transdermal form. The primary advantage to such patches are a slow, steady and predictable amount of medication, usually over the course of 24-72 hours between patches. This leads to the next advantage, convenience.

I could get into specifics, but I think it's easier just to say, no, this is not what you're looking for. To answer a separate part of your thread, not all drugs are inherently able to be absorbed through the skin i.e. trasndermally. Some need to be paired with other agents within the patch that enable the substance to be absorbed efficiently.

I'm guessing you could take Morphine by the sublingual route. However, you have experience in using Morphine by other routes and it's highly unlikely that sublingual administration would have any advantage over them. For those not injecting, I always recommend the rectal route of administration. You get a good bioavailability and a fast(er) hit than other routes.

In short, these are things you could try, but I am very confident none of these experiments will get you what you're after.

Thanks for the response bud. Eh, I'm thinking that I may have to get off subs and try to move to a state where Kratom is legal. Suddenly the past few times they've been giving me some major cardiac arrhythmias. It's weird cause it never happened before. Anyways, thanks for the informative response