• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Can I Extract The Amobarbital Without Any Of The Other Chemicals

muie

Bluelighter
I got several pills that are preparations of amobarbital along with several other chemicals, which tend to interfere with the effects of amobarbital in doses exceeding 50mg-75mg. Not to mention the side effects & toxicity that come with high doses of such chemicals.

Each pill contains: 25mg amobarbital, 15mg propranolol, 0.2mg atropine sulfate, 0.3mg ergotamine (ergoton).

The later causes vasoconstriction while atropine sulfate is the very same atropine found in Belladona & Nightshade. At only 3-4 pills it creates a very dry mouth. The most I've taken was 10 pills and I never got any visuals even then, but I am sure that a lot of the barbiturates' effects were masked/overshadowed by the other chemicals.

I researched several trusted sites like DrugBank for instance, and these are the results I've gathered:

Amobarbital:

- water solubility 603 mg/L (at 25 °C)
- Water Solubility 0.897 mg/mL
- One gram dissolves in 1300 ml water, in 5 ml alc, in 17 ml

Atrophine sulphate:

- Atropine sulphate is very soluble in water.
- Solubility: One gram dissolves in 0.4 mL water
- One gram dissolves in 5 ml cold alcohol and 2.5 ml boiling alcohol, in 2.5 ml glycerol,
- 420 ml chloroform and 3,000 ml ether.

Ergotamine:

- Water Solubility: Slight
- Very soluble in benzene, ethyl ether, chloroform
- Almost insoluble in water, or ethanol
- In water, 2.91 mg/L at 25 deg C (est)
- Less than 1 mg/mL at 68° F

Propanolol:

- Water Solubility : SOLUBLE
- H2O: 50 mg/mL
- water solubility 61.7 mg/L (at 25 °C)

Someone who is more experienced at (basic) organic chemistry could probably take a look at the information I posted regarding water solubility and be able to tell if a simple CWE would work on these pills, or weather it would require a more complex extraction process.

I am asking my fellow bluelighters to help me out & think, what would you do if you were in my shoes ;)

Last edited:
If you do a CWE then you would have most of the amobarbital, ergotamine and propanolol in the solids and atrophine in the liquid. If amobarbital isn't soluble to benzene you could do benzene extraction to get ergotamine out of the solids and have to get more info for propranolol solubility.

I wouldn't bother that much though as the risks increase everytime you insert a new chemistry task you are not familiar with :)

H2O: soluble50 mg/mL (dissolve with heat. Aqueous solutions are most stable at pH 3.0 and decompose rapidly at basic pH. Decomposition is accompanied by discoloration of the solution.)

Adjusting the ph will decompose propranolol:
http://www.sigmaaldrich.com/catalog/product/sigma/p0884?lang=fi&region=FI

Last edited: