• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Can I do a CWE with codeine+ibuprofen tablets?

cowardescent

Bluelighter
I have x24 tablets of Nurofen Plus with 12.8mg of codeine phosphate and 200mg of ibuprofen in each tablet. I read that you can only do it with APAP containing tablets not ibuprofen but I'm not sure about that.

No you cant i mean you can try but better off getting cocodomal for that purpose

I would just see how you get on with the 80mg to start off. 800mg ibuprofen isn’t awfully hard on the stomach but to be sure I’d encourage you to take them an hour and half after a meal.

Just be wary, whilst it’s true that the SNRI element can have an effect on how people enjoy tramadol it can also be the fact that it’s how their metabolism process it.

There are also people who are ultra rapid metabolisers who actually should stay away from codeine as it metabolises into morphine very quickly and can pose an OD risk.
Follow-up question, if you don't mind. I've been taking 6 Nurofen plus tablets in one go. Am I crazy? That's 1,200 mg ibuprofen in one go - so, a daily recommended dosage in one hit. And sadly it seems I need a fairly empty stomach to get any hit from it. I've tried cold filtration but it never feels remotely the same as the full pills. In short, is 1,200 mg ibuprofen in one dose crazy?? I know older people with rheumatoid arthritis could have 3,200 mg in a day, but I'd like to have functioning kidneys for another 50 years...

Follow-up question, if you don't mind. I've been taking 6 Nurofen plus tablets in one go. Am I crazy? That's 1,200 mg ibuprofen in one go - so, a daily recommended dosage in one hit. And sadly it seems I need a fairly empty stomach to get any hit from it. I've tried cold filtration but it never feels remotely the same as the full pills. In short, is 1,200 mg ibuprofen in one dose crazy?? I know older people with rheumatoid arthritis could have 3,200 mg in a day, but I'd like to have functioning kidneys for another 50 years...
If I remember rightly too much ibuprofen can cause stomach ulcers so yeah, if it were me I sure wouldn't be going over the recommended dose. I think stomach ulcers can develop even at normal doses if taken for a long time but I'm not 100% sure on that

If I remember rightly too much ibuprofen can cause stomach ulcers so yeah, if it were me I sure wouldn't be going over the recommended dose. I think stomach ulcers can develop even at normal doses if taken for a long time but I'm not 100% sure on that
While I'm not underestimating the problems with stomach ulcers, I'm far more concerned about potential for strokes, kidney disease. What do you think? Every time I get a headache, I think it's happening! Again, my standard is a one-off 1200mg ibuprofen dose in a day.

The best thing to do is get boots 8/500 and do a CWE on them, they are better for that purpose than the solpadeine 12.8mg. You get more in a pack of them and cheaper, plus more codeine doing that. Just be careful coffee filters are better than kitchen roll.

It would work to some extent. I believe ibuprofen is more soluble than acetaminophen in water, but it still has pretty poor solubility. So you'd be getting rid of at least a large portion of it, which is a good thing.

While I'm not underestimating the problems with stomach ulcers, I'm far more concerned about potential for strokes, kidney disease. What do you think? Every time I get a headache, I think it's happening! Again, my standard is a one-off 1200mg ibuprofen dose in a day.
To answer your question, I'd say you are overdoing it. 1200 mg a day is not a light dose. Even lighter doses, if done on a daily basis could more likely than not be causing you harm. This could really screw up your stomach, among other things. I would strongly advise you to talk to your doctor about this if possible, or quit it.

As OTC analgesics go, Ibuprofen (Advil) is less harmful than Paracetamol in most scenarios, both chronic and acute. You're right to be concerned though, as this could be a long-term habit that you can't really control. While the Ibuprofen is "safer" in many ways, you can't really remove it in the same simple process that you would use for Paracetamol (APAP). As most of us know, even double the recommended daily maximum of 4,000mg or 4 grams has caused permanent liver damage in certain individuals and continued use in this way will ultimately destroy the livers of most people.

With the Ibuprofen, you're more likely to experience gastrointestinal stuff. This is going to start with pain in your stomach, most likely, which can progress to stuff like ulcers and beyond. It seems like you're aware of the Nephrotoxicity of Ibuprofen in chronic usage, so I won't go into that. I would just do your best to either reduce your usage or, more realistically find a more chronically sustainable source of Opiates.

Paracetamol (APAP). As most of us know, even double the recommended daily maximum of 4,000mg or 4 grams has caused permanent liver damage in certain individuals and continued use in this way will ultimately destroy the livers of most people.
May I ask, by double the recommended daily maximum of 4000 mg do you mean 8000 mg? If that is the case, then sure it can cause liver damage. You should never exceed the recommended maximum.

Continued use of paracetamol even if sticking to recommended daily limit will eventually mess up your kidneys, as some studies have shown. You're really not supposed to be doing it consistently. Same goes for most of the drugs.