• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Can hospitals drug test your urine without your consent?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a tox screen is part of the standard urinalysis panel. If you need antibiotics for your condition, don't let the testing stop you. In the interest of harm reduction, get this take care of!
Sadly, if you've been on opioids/opiates for long enough before your script comes through your tolerance may be too high for the scripted stuff to be sufficient which means you are straight into the cycle of taking all your meds the first 2 weeks of the month and withdrawing for the last two weeks then rinse and repeat. Although with your diagnosis as it is you may be scripted a high enough dose but still eventually that's what may happen cos Dr's have a limit with opi dosages where as your opi tolerance does not.

If Dr's were more switched on they would regularly rotate and cycle through different opioids to at least extend the time you get relief from them until the aforementioned opioid tolerance catches up to you and then your screwed. I hope you're the exception MD, taking drugs to stay well sucks big time ime.

Yeah I kind of figured I'd be screwed there, stuff like vics and tylenol 4s are useless unless I get scripted enough to CWE them. And then still. Not the preferred method. Luckily I've been reading that the guidelines suggest drugs such as morphine, opana, dilaudid, and even methadone for my condition, so I might run into some luck there.

i aint ever been drug tested at ER. and ive been to alot of ER for pain killers and never been drug tested ever..

I by some miracle ended up finding an opium capsule last night so didn't end up having to go to the ER anyway. Thanks guys! I appreciate all the advice and will keep it in mind for the future.

In my experience (which unfortunately is way more than I'd like), if you are admitted to the hospital for an OD, they 100% will test your urine and possibly blood. You'll probably be unconscious anyway.

I have no idea about just trying to get pain meds. If you are trying yo get pain meds at a hospital you are going to have much worse problems than looking to get high. More than likely you will actually be in very serious pain. the only time I got pain meds, and a few fentanyl shots at that, was when my shoulder was ripped from it's socket and lodged under neath the shoulder joint. I passed out from the pain 3 times. I could have cared less about seeking a high.

If Dr's were more switched on they would regularly rotate and cycle through different opioids to at least extend the time you get relief from them until the aforementioned opioid tolerance catches up to you and then your screwed. I hope you're the exception MD, taking drugs to stay well sucks big time ime.

Most opiates have a cross tolerance, so this method would be fairly ineffective, but something needs to change.

- Hopeless Soul

sorry I was late on this but no drug test discussion I wish you all the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.