• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Can hospitals drug test your urine without your consent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

morphine-dreams

Bluelighter
I have interstitial cystitis and am having a major flare up and zero opioids on hand. I've already taken everything else possible and am ready to go to the ER but because of my condition they're likely going to want to test my urine anyway to rule out a UTI (because doctors tend to be stubborn as fuck, it happens all the time). I have a LOT of drugs in my system from the past few days and let's leave it at that lol. But if I go in for the specific purpose of getting pain relief are they allowed to do that? I live in the state of Mass btw.

It's always up to the doctors, but getting pain meds from the ER is extremely difficult nowadays not saying it does not happen. Really no one can tell you what they will do, but if they want to drug test you they will ask you and if you refuse that will set off red flags and you give urine it will show use, which you'll have to explain so they know they aren't prescribing things that would interact with what's in you already. If there are unprescribed opiates in your urine, especially heroin, well you're shit outta luck for sure.

Couldn't I just say that it would be extremely painful to urinate? Because that's true at least.

Sorry Drug test discussion isn't allowed.

- Hopeless Soul

Last edited:
x]…lmao,.no Legal discussion either bro,.srry!

- Hopeless Soul

Legal questions aren't really aloud either. I just did my best to give you advice so hopefully you don't get refused help.... Maybe tell them you went to the bathroom in the waiting room and can't go after bringing the cup to the bathroom and making an attempt to urinated. Still there is a chance they will refuse or possibly being policy that without a clean UA they do not prescribe abusable meds.... Again it's really based on so many factors you ain't get a good answer as really you might get scripted something just like that, but really no one will be able to give you a clear answer while this thread borders on violating a couple BLUA although I think it can be answered vaugly as long it is made clear and you understand no one can give you an answer with any response being speculation and likely to contain misinformation

Guess I'm shit out of luck then, and yeah I get that it's pure speculation. I decided it's not worth it though because I recently got diagnosed and am working on getting an actual script (which is taking fucking forever and I'm going broke) so just gotta suffer for tonight. Isn't prohibition great?

I know what you mean about prohibition! Certain parties line their pockets, while the commoner suffers... But good luck dawg!

- Hopeless Soul

I hear you.... Have you tried poppy seed tea? It can be a useful solution, but for pain relief still needs dosing every six hours even though withdrawals take longer to build

Yup, it's my go-to but unfortunately I just ran out and the last order I placed is taking forever to ship. I won't go into too much detail but I normally have my own sort of solution, I'm just in a jam right now. And I just moved to a new area so zero connects.

Sadly, if you've been on opioids/opiates for long enough before your script comes through your tolerance may be too high for the scripted stuff to be sufficient which means you are straight into the cycle of taking all your meds the first 2 weeks of the month and withdrawing for the last two weeks then rinse and repeat. Although with your diagnosis as it is you may be scripted a high enough dose but still eventually that's what may happen cos Dr's have a limit with opi dosages where as your opi tolerance does not.

If Dr's were more switched on they would regularly rotate and cycle through different opioids to at least extend the time you get relief from them until the aforementioned opioid tolerance catches up to you and then your screwed. I hope you're the exception MD, taking drugs to stay well sucks big time ime.

If they have any question, they would, just to protect themselves. They don't want a lawsuit claiming they gave morphine to someone with a ton of xanax in their system, or something.

Plus, they might need to test urine just to check for things as part of your diagnosis.

Basically, if you admit yourself to the hospital, you're consenting to them attempting to diagnosis you. What outcome would you expect if you showed up and said I feel flush, but I refuse to let you take my temperature?

Look in the grocery store for seeds. More so health food stores and co-op owned business vs a big corporation.

I think a tox screen is part of the standard urinalysis panel. If you need antibiotics for your condition, don't let the testing stop you. In the interest of harm reduction, get this take care of!

I think a tox screen is part of the standard urinalysis panel. If you need antibiotics for your condition, don't let the testing stop you. In the interest of harm reduction, get this take care of!
This. Your health should be your #1 concern here.
I have had blood tests done in hospitals where drugs where not part of the testing. I know, because i asked the nurse, and she said no - and laughed.

Testing for drugs - in my experience - is up to the discretion of whoever orders the test.
I don't see how this is a legal question in any way?

Emergency room staff have far more important things to do than check whether or not you are being a law-abiding citizen in regards to drug use.
They will only require a drug test when it is relevant, at least where i live. It would be a total waste of money to just randomly drug-screen patience with no medical reason for doing so.

I think medical treatment on the off-chance you could be drug tested is paranoid behaviour..

Last edited:

Thanks, but I don't need antibiotics, actually the opposite, prebiotics. My condition isn't really dangerous but EXTREMELY painful, at least at times. Like 0% functionality without drugs. I also live in an area with a lot of addicts so they're extra careful, one time I went to a different ER and they gave my IV ibuprofen.

Status
Not open for further replies.