• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Can Heat Output Capacity Of Your Lighter Cause Risk(s) If It's Too High?

tackyjan

Greenlighter
Let's say you were using good ole "Chore Boy" + crick however you were using a good water rig with excellent filtration, ash catcher, daisy bowl (less chance of stuff dropping down into your stem due to no hole(s) on the bottom??
0 would you be concerned about the strength/heat of your lighter and how it might somehow alternate/change/etc the chemical composition of the chore boy and therefore try to use perhaps a single flame torch? Or even a regular bic? Or does it matter how powerful the heating source is?

Ty

Ooo excellent question. I've always preferred a butane lighter for better flame control. It's more about the temp than the source I'd say. Steady heat application to bring product to its ideal temp and maintain is what it's about.

Yeah I have been smoking hard for years off and on. I wouldn't do it out of a water pipe though, it is much better smoked out of a regular stem with not too much chore just enough ( I usually have a piece that looks about 1/2" long inside the stem), then you lightly heat the crack and don't pull too hard or you end up sucking more crack oil below the chore. The clear MK 99cent lighters are the best IMO because you can adjust the size of the flame to your liking. Too much heat/ too big of a flame and you end up wasting some of the product. Also I ALWAYS "cure" the chore before putting it in the stem by heating it with a lighter usually with a straighten paper clip to hold the chore so it doesn't burn my fingers. If you don't do this you end up inhaling copper smoke and that as u can imagine is not good for you! I have smoked crack once out of a bong with NO water in it and chore in the slider piece while it worked, it just wasn't as easy to me as using a stem and chore like usual. To each his own I guess, just remember not too much heat! I always heard to never smoke crack with any kind of water involved.