• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Can heat damage MDMA? (have I accidentally baked my stash?)

RandomAccountBunny

Greenlighter
Does MDMA spoil at a certain temperature? Can heat make the drug unstable or dangerous, or inert?

I ask because of my own stupidity..
I thought i found a great hiding place for my stash.. But it turns out the ceiling light fitting can get quite hot even though it was 10" above an energy saving light bulb.

I took my stash out last night (after quite a few months) and the MDMA powder has gone a lot darker. it's a fair sized bag and half is now dark, half is normal.

I'm sure you'll all say 'just try it" but if anyone knows some science behind it, do let me know :) thanks

Last edited:
Even if it is fine, I'd be more worried about what chemicals have leached into your MDMA from the bag you had it in.

Darkening would mean oxidation probably. I’d be hesitant to use it but someone with more recent organic knowledge may be able to shed more...light

Ur fine use to pop pills all day for years but if it gets too hit dont worry sometimes we would do m that was plugged in a friends ass so a little oxidation wont fry your brain remeber dont do it sround perend and drink water

MELTING POINT147-148° C (Hydrochloride crystals from isopropanol/n-hexane)
MELTING POINT152-153° C (Hydrochloride crystals from isopropanol/ether)

The melting point of MDMA is around 300 degrees Fahrenheit... was it that hot up there?

MELTING POINT147-148° C (Hydrochloride crystals from isopropanol/n-hexane)
MELTING POINT152-153° C (Hydrochloride crystals from isopropanol/ether)

The melting point of MDMA is around 300 degrees Fahrenheit... was it that hot up there?

Doesn’t have to melt to oxidize

Ur fine use to pop pills all day for years but if it gets too hit dont worry sometimes we would do m that was plugged in a friends ass so a little oxidation wont fry your brain remeber dont do it sround perend and drink water

I’m going to just throw it out that you probably shouldn’t give advice on drug use if you can’t use periods or spell words correctly...idk maybe just me.

I’m going to just throw it out that you probably shouldn’t give advice on drug use if you can’t use periods or spell words correctly...idk maybe just me.
Haha, have you seen some of my own posts? Sloppy AF. I get so wasted on cocktails all the time and my posting can be hideously, embarassingly full of mispellings, mis auto corrects which make no sense at all.

A lot of it is related to an optic nerve injury sustained in 2016 which affects my focusing ability and also causes hallucination much more easily at a lower level of intoxication but I do get into terribly messy states. I'm also insanely sleep deprived over long-term and am often posting at late times and I miss all of my ridiculous typos and auto mis-corrections.

I do my best to check back and edit and it really frustrates me when I see so many ridiculous mistakes.

I also am economical at times with punctuation like apostrophes sometimes I do sometimes I don't.

Just adding that to contribute really not making a point or challenging anything or anyone here. Please accept my apologies everybody for my own ridiculously messy and nonsensical posts at times.

The darkening is the oxidation/degradation of or changing of precursor impurities.

So something interesting, safrole containing oils seem to do this thing where in hot temps they go dark and cool temps go clear. This process can be reversed back and forth.

Residual oils can do the same thing. If you place your product in the freezer and it changes back then you know.

That said, the likelihood you cooked any actual MDMA HCl is minimal. How hot is hot?

-GC

hps,mercury vapour and outdoor halogen security lights get hot 150'c plus but I doubt an indoor energy saving lightbulb gets hot hot enough to
cause problems.and mdma powder can darken over time but still stay active.

Although they are different fish food, they say that if you keep weed in a wet spot it will become mold. That's not true at all. I've kept my weed unpacked many times, didn't happen. Same potency. Same taste. Same high. As for powder, yes as other said, it can darken over time but it stays active.

MDMA can be analysed without decomposition in a GC that can go up to 300C.

I think anything short of an open flame is fine. I know for a fact it's stable in boiling water.