• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Can drug abuse give you adhd

I've just got back into music art exercise mediation football being In nature you must be a boring person just keep yourself busy. I still crave drugs but my life falls into chaos if use and everything that is sacred beautiful to me becomes meaningless
Yes, I'm terribly boring.
But good to see that you found a meaningful life, and have things under control. Keep going!

I've abused a lot of drugs and had lots of overdoses and now I'm clean im 100 miles and hour and everyone always ask me if I have adhd I never use to be this hectic before when I exercise and mediate as well I get high from it and mu vsion gets brogher like I'm on speed and mdma
When they do a diagnose for ADHD they look also at how you were at young age. As that period is mostly a memory for us they use school rapports and relatives and look for marker's for ADHD.

When I get clean of something the period afterward's life is always more hectic it seems. So that could explain your feelings, which could get lesser over time.

And if you mean meditation and exercise makes you feel like you took a drug. Is that then the the reason you don't do them anymore? I know I get high as a kite from a succesfull meditation so I can relate to that. If that is what you ment. Weird enough both are very good for recovery so if possible one should just do it. And still the step to actually do it is quite hard.
I've just got back into music art exercise mediation football being In nature you must be a boring person just keep yourself busy. I still crave drugs but my life falls into chaos if use and everything that is sacred beautiful to me becomes meaningless
Living proof. But do you a besides breaking the circle of boredom also experience that sort of stimulating after effect of these activities?

I don't want to scare but when I abruptly stopped benzodiazepines (long time ago) I developed hypomania. Maniac that was supposed to treat me tried to convince me that I am full blown manic and in need of not only benzos but olanzapine (Zyprexa) also. I took benzos for few days and hypomania went away. Unfortunately benzos stayed. So given that one class of substances that you quit has "mania" as a possible outcome of withdrawal I would advise caution. Being hypomanic is ok...it is the state almost all people experience during their life. But crossing over to full blown mania is not something to be taken lightly. I would advise starting a journal and assesing your behavior and thoughts. If you become impulsive, feel on the top of the world, start taking risks...go see psychologist. If none of that comes, well enjoy your heighten senses and awareness. Take care!

P.S. stay away from stimulants cause if you are hypomanic they may propel you into full blown mania. That's what they can do to everybody if taken in binges without sleep for more than two nights. But then again I am not a doctot, just a fellow BLer.

In

There is reactionary depression and drug induced depression. Same with anxiety.

The drug induced depression is likely to follow, then it will take a long time to heal, depending on how long you've been caning stuff.

The adhd is a load of b$ll$cks as it sounds 'hip'.
Anxiety makes me not want to talk and shy when I'm happy and confident I'm 100 miles an hour like im on drugs deppresion makes me lethargic and not want to talk. I'm not depressed I've been depressed for many years and used drugs as way of dealing with it. When i take Benzo I'm hectic as well as it lowers my inhibitions and stops anxiety

When I'm not using my boyfriend says I have adhd because I'm not used to having so much energy and always getting up for something when we're watching movies.
I don't think I have it, never did before opioids. Just so numb most of the time I guess I'm used to feeling numb.
I'm sure with some it's the same but I'm not a doctor so can't really say
You'll notice that you have ADHD if, when unmedicated and on a drug that exarbates ADHD (like Valproic Acid).
And not on one ocassion, but several. You drive proffesional's, dr's and people giving group therapie insane. Example a dr. that starts yelling to me and me mom (undiagnosed ADHD-er) "and now shut up the both of you".

Really openend my eyes when that kinda stuff started happening repeatedly to me, since my dr. stopped the ADHD med's 3 years ago.

The adhd is a load of b$ll$cks as it sounds 'hip'.
Or our society is so wrong it takes a stimulant for a lot of kid's (ADHD used to be an exclusively kid thing, adult ADHD didn't excist).
And indeed in this kinda society not only a stimulant like dextro-Amphetamine taken in medical doses is very useful. You need a whole medicin cabinet and the ability not to loose yourself in a drug abuse pattern. But use it as needed.

Just to make it through the day.

When they do a diagnose for ADHD they look also at how you were at young age. As that period is mostly a memory for us they use school rapports and relatives and look for marker's for ADHD.

When I get clean of something the period afterward's life is always more hectic it seems. So that could explain your feelings, which could get lesser over time.

And if you mean meditation and exercise makes you feel like you took a drug. Is that then the the reason you don't do them anymore? I know I get high as a kite from a succesfull meditation so I can relate to that. If that is what you ment. Weird enough both are very good for recovery so if possible one should just do it. And still the step to actually do it is quite hard.

Living proof. But do you a besides breaking the circle of boredom also experience that sort of stimulating after effect of these activities?
Yes after an intense workout it feels like I'm on amphetamine or mildly like mdma also my HPPD get slightly worse for short while I think that's because I've got bad HPPD from smoking so much synthetic cannabinoids and exercise releases endo cannabinoid. Yeah meditation makes me feel euphoric also sometimes when I meditate I get thus euphoric feeling in my head and body rushes and start having mandala like visuals. I think I might have undiagnosed adhd but it's hard to tell as I've abused so many drugs and have ahad lots of stimulant and opiate overdose not to mention my serotonin and dopamine have been ravaged from drug use.

Or our society is so wrong it takes a stimulant for a lot of kid's (ADHD used to be an exclusively kid thing, adult ADHD didn't excist).
And indeed in this kinda society not only a stimulant like dextro-Amphetamine taken in medical doses is very useful. You need a whole medicin cabinet and the ability not to loose yourself in a drug abuse pattern. But use it as needed.

Just to make it through the day.
When I was a kid adhd wasn't even invented well recognised or entered the mainstream.

You only had 'stfu' and a slap.

Last edited:
When I was a kid adhd wasn't even invented well recognised or entered the mainstream.

You only had 'stfu' and a sla
That's bad. My 1-st 3 school year's we had an evil chain smoking (in the classroom!) witch as teacher. But after that a lot of my schoolrapport's mention difficulty's with attention. Which my mom confirmed, but that was anno 2000.

Since then adult adhd also seems recognized, or seen as a market to sell more stimulant's.
Yes after an intense workout it feels like I'm on amphetamine or mildly like mdma also my HPPD get slightly worse for short while I think that's because I've got bad HPPD from smoking so much synthetic cannabinoids and exercise releases endo cannabinoid. Yeah meditation makes me feel euphoric also sometimes when I meditate I get thus euphoric feeling in my head and body rushes and start having mandala like visuals. I think I might have undiagnosed adhd but it's hard to tell as I've abused so many drugs and have ahad lots of stimulant and opiate overdose not to mention my serotonin and dopamine have been ravaged from drug use.
Those synthetic Cannabinoid's where indeed an disaster. Especially witht the continues changing of the substance's.
Bought UR-144 one time to try out, big mistake. Way to strong to be used pleasantly. And the presprayed herb's were even worse. In the UK they were so far ahead in strenght that one or two matchheads of that shit gave me the worst drug experience in my life.