• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Can drug abuse give you adhd

Higherfocus420

Bluelighter
I've abused a lot of drugs and had lots of overdoses and now I'm clean im 100 miles and hour and everyone always ask me if I have adhd I never use to be this hectic before when I exercise and mediate as well I get high from it and mu vsion gets brogher like I'm on speed and mdma

There is so much fighting for your attention that with even a drugged mind can be overwhelmed with what I call static. A metaphor not a noise per se.
Is it adhd or just a normal reaction to being overstimulated is what I ask. I mean they prescribe meds for this but imo they need to turn down the "noise" and things may change. Maybe turn the channel idk what we are capable of but know there is a limit to limits.
Feel energized or anxious? Go for a brisk walk if possible. Helps me at times but many ways are used in my case and some are "better" than others... they all have their drwbacks... seems everything does at some point.
Speaking of point.
Experiencing the world in a totally sober life seems terrifying to me, tbph. Too much to see, imo

What drugs are you sober from friend?

Heavy long term drug use has certainly negatively effect my attention and general cognitive abilities. I also am a lot more "tweaky" and move around faster when sober.

I came off methadone 2 months ago I stopped smoking synthetic cannabanoids a month a go and I'm 5 months clean from crack speed benzo alcohol xtc lsd ket etc basically abused everything but had a preference for opiates

came off methadone 2 months ago I stopped smoking synthetic cannabanoids a month a go and I'm 5 months clean from crack speed benzo alcohol xtc lsd ket etc basically abused everything but had a preference for opiates

I came off methadone 2 months ago I stopped smoking synthetic cannabanoids a month a go and I'm 5 months clean from crack speed benzo alcohol xtc lsd ket etc basically abused everything but had a preference for opiates
My attention is fine I'm just Impulse and 190 miles an hour like I'm on speed all the time it's really noticeable to other people they think I'm high on coke or something I've been meditating and exercising lots and that makes it worse as it release serotonin endorphins and endocannabinoids

When I'm not using my boyfriend says I have adhd because I'm not used to having so much energy and always getting up for something when we're watching movies.
I don't think I have it, never did before opioids. Just so numb most of the time I guess I'm used to feeling numb.
I'm sure with some it's the same but I'm not a doctor so can't really say

You can't get literal ADHD, if that makes you feel any better. But you could definitely have changes to your brain from long term drug abuse that look like it in some ways. Some of those changes could be permanent, a lot are probably just temporary but might take years to fully correct themselves.

It also might not actually be as different from your pre-drug abuse state as you think. Did the people commenting meet you while you were addicted to opiates? Even with you also abusing stimulants, it's possible they just got used to seeing a much more sedated version of you, so it probably stands out more if they didn't know you before you got into them.

Either that, or boring as hell.
Provided hell IS boring
I've just got back into music art exercise mediation football being In nature you must be a boring person just keep yourself busy. I still crave drugs but my life falls into chaos if use and everything that is sacred beautiful to me becomes meaningless

altered brain chemistry from drug abuse is definitely possible, but as for ADHD you cant just develop that over time.

Drug induced depression can cause anxiety. Drug use can cause anxiety.

Google the symptoms of depression and anxiety and they correlate quiet a bit with adhd.

Nothing to do with adhd imo.

Drug induced depression can cause anxiety. Drug use can cause anxiety.

Google the symptoms of depression and anxiety and they correlate quiet a bit with adhd.

Nothing to do with adhd imo.
I'm not depressed or anxious I'm just hype as fuck all the time it's like my mind is working on a higher level and I'm impulsive as fuck

I'm not depressed or anxious I'm just hype as fuck all the time it's like my mind is working on a higher level and I'm impulsive as fuck
Why are you hyped then if it's not anxiety?
You've used all depression inducing drugs, at two months clean you could still be riding the drug high.

You didn't google the symptoms of depression and anxiety.

Takes several months to fully develop.

I think because there is child onset it would be impossible to expect someone in those age brackets to develop ADHD.

Why are you hyped then if it's not anxiety?
You've used all depression inducing drugs, at two months clean you could still be riding the drug high.

You didn't google the symptoms of depression and anxiety.

Takes several months to fully develop.
I use to suffer deppresion and be suicidal all the time and no motivation. That's a big reason i got addicted to drugs as way of self medicating and coping with mysel f but through things like positive affirmations reframing my thoughts and meditation exercise I'm quite good at dealing with my mental health now. Yes I understand its going tontake a lot g time for my neurotransmitters to get back to normal anxiety I still sometimes get but I think everyone does, and that's normal. What do I mean by hype I talk supernfast and have loads of energy mybmind works quicker than most it seems I'm just super intense person that people always ask me if I have adhd or think that I'm on speed or something.

Last edited:
In
I use to suffer deppresion and be suicidal all the time and no motivation. That's a big reason i got addicted to drugs as way of self medicating and coping with mysel f but through things like positive affirmations reframing my thoughts and meditation exercise I'm quite good at dealing with my mental health now. Yes I understand its going tontake a lot g time for my neurotransmitters to get back to normal anxiety I still sometimes get but I think everyone does, and that's normal. What do I mean by hype I talk supernfast and have loads of energy mybmind works quicker than most it seems I'm just super intense person that people always ask me if I have adhd or think that I'm on speed or something.
There is reactionary depression and drug induced depression. Same with anxiety.

The drug induced depression is likely to follow, then it will take a long time to heal, depending on how long you've been caning stuff.

Anxiety is also a common cause of racing thoughts and faster speech, both of which can make communication more difficult. People who are anxious may feel like they can't keep up with their thoughts and may speak much faster as a result, which can cause stuttering or slurring.

The adhd is a load of b$ll$cks as it sounds 'hip'.