• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Can diarrhea last 2 from opioid withdrawal?

williamclarkonet

Bluelighter
Can diarrhea last 2 months from opioid withdrawal? I have been clean from all opioid for 2 moths but when I went through it i had bad diarrhea but after 2 months the diarrhea is still there but all other symptoms are gone can this happen or is something else wrong?

In my experience, yes. But that was after a long, 8-16mg, Suboxone maintenance. Jumping off like that had me feeling uncomfortable in my own skin for 3 months.

Though, if I'm remembering correctly, you were using only codeine, right? In which case your diarrhea should have subsided long ago. Did you by any have any antibiotic regiments recently? They destroy your natural flora and can leave you in pretty bad shape.

Either way, I recommend you get a decent probiotic, they're good at getting your stomach to normal function.

YOU HAVE TAPEWORMS!! Sorry, couldnt resist. Resistance is futi... fk it. See a doctor, shits from any opiate w/d two months later is something else (like tapeworms).

You must be weak and unable to get your minerals and vitamins with that condition for so long.
How is your diet? There must be specific food that combined with simple meds could make this go away.
I would go to a doctor and make some exams if I were you.
I had withdraws from methadone for over 30 days but the diarrhea passed.
Good luck!

Sounds abnormal unless you're eating Taco Bell for breakfast, lunch & dinner.

I've posted about this before. Probiotics could be your solution. Every time I get back on dope and get clean my stomach will be messed up for months. I think what happens is the heroin destroys the balance of my stomach.

All it takes is some colon health probiotic pills, maybe 30 bucks from Wal mart. And a few packages of activia yogurt. It restored the balance of bacteria in your stomach and after a week you should be good to to.

At least this is the case for me. Before I did the probiotic thing I would survive on low doses of loperamide but it never cured it. I'm talking 2 to 6 millis a day this was before i knew they may help withdrawal more at higher doses but still i would always have to have a supply around. It got to be kind of annoying to where I wanted to try anything to make my stomach normal again. I thought I would have the shits forever lol. But the probiotics worked

In my experience, yes. But that was after a long, 8-16mg, Suboxone maintenance. Jumping off like that had me feeling uncomfortable in my own skin for 3 months.

Though, if I'm remembering correctly, you were using only codeine, right? In which case your diarrhea should have subsided long ago. Did you by any have any antibiotic regiments recently? They destroy your natural flora and can leave you in pretty bad shape.

Either way, I recommend you get a decent probiotic, they're good at getting your stomach to normal function.

No I used Both hydrocodone and Oxycodone together. I will try the probiotic

YOU HAVE TAPEWORMS!! Sorry, couldnt resist. Resistance is futi... fk it. See a doctor, shits from any opiate w/d two months later is something else (like tapeworms).

Lovely tapeworms are awesome...JK but I will check :)

You must be weak and unable to get your minerals and vitamins with that condition for so long.
How is your diet? There must be specific food that combined with simple meds could make this go away.
I would go to a doctor and make some exams if I were you.
I had withdraws from methadone for over 30 days but the diarrhea passed.
Good luck!

I have not had a good appetite since the withdrawals so I don't eat very much but I take a GNC Mega Men multivitamin every day

Sounds abnormal unless you're eating Taco Bell for breakfast, lunch & dinner.

LOL but I hate Taco Bell :D

I've posted about this before. Probiotics could be your solution. Every time I get back on dope and get clean my stomach will be messed up for months. I think what happens is the heroin destroys the balance of my stomach.

All it takes is some colon health probiotic pills, maybe 30 bucks from Wal mart. And a few packages of activia yogurt. It restored the balance of bacteria in your stomach and after a week you should be good to to.

At least this is the case for me. Before I did the probiotic thing I would survive on low doses of loperamide but it never cured it. I'm talking 2 to 6 millis a day this was before i knew they may help withdrawal more at higher doses but still i would always have to have a supply around. It got to be kind of annoying to where I wanted to try anything to make my stomach normal again. I thought I would have the shits forever lol. But the probiotics worked

I Will definitely try that

This doesn't sound normal, hydro & oxy shouldn't have given you the shits for this long.

Have you used immodium at all?

Why are you afraid of Immodium AD? Its used to stop you from having the runs......

It does sound rather a long time to be getting the shits after w/ding.

Keep your diet rich in fibre and as also suggested take probiotic yogurts and drinks to settle down the good bacteria in your tummy.

Stay hydrated! If you need to replace lost salts and water that's been lost by the diarrhoea then there is a good medication to aid with this. It's called Dioralyte (in the UK) It contains a concentration of glucose and salts to replenish you.

See your doctor if it doesn't ease. There could be something else going on with your bowels that's unrelated to the withdrawal.

Best wishes x

This is like one of the worse parts of getting clean hahaha, when your used to years of only having to wipe a few times then you go to having to wipe your ass raw lol..... fuck that.. I'm dealing with that now.

If you take just like 2, 2mg Imodiums you will be fine and it will work wonders. Don't take more than that because you will just get the shits once you get off those if you take too much. Alot of them stories you hear about people getting impacted bowel syndrome are prolly from ppl taking like 40mg.

You have to remember what opiates do to your stool and system overall..... No thats not abnormal, you need to drink some ginger tea for a week, worked fine for me.

Ginger tea... Hmmm ima have to try that. Does it just help with the bowel cramps, or most symptoms of the shits?

Whatever keeps you hydrated. To be on a drip helps immensely if you wanna try a couple of days at the hospital.

Immodium won't take you from squirty shits directly to an impacted bowel unless you ate about a dozen boxes of the stuff at once. It's definitely worth a try using it as directed.

Yogurt is tasty and is a key player in maintaining a healthy gut microbiome, so load up on that too, it can't hurt. You probably don't need "probiotic pills", just yogurt, kefir, or sourdough bread... or all 3. (pills are probably more expensive and less tasty)

Also, ease up on caffeine/coffee consumption if you do that. And get more bulk forming fiber in you? So yeah, some hearty sourdough toast with unsalted butter and a cup and a half of black cherry fruit-in-bottom yogurt... mmhmm. That's what the doc ordered.

Immodium won't take you from squirty shits directly to an impacted bowel unless you ate about a dozen boxes of the stuff at once. It's definitely worth a try using it as directed.

Yogurt is tasty and is a key player in maintaining a healthy gut microbiome, so load up on that too, it can't hurt. You probably don't need "probiotic pills", just yogurt, kefir, or sourdough bread... or all 3. (pills are probably more expensive and less tasty)

Also, ease up on caffeine/coffee consumption if you do that. And get more bulk forming fiber in you? So yeah, some hearty sourdough toast with unsalted butter and a cup and a half of black cherry fruit-in-bottom yogurt... mmhmm. That's what the doc ordered.
Ok thanks!