• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Miscellaneous Can chewing lemon seeds get you high??

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxyy

Greenlighter
MOD NOTE: Lemon seeds are not known to contain any significant amount of DMT or other intoxicating substances.

Someone deleted my recent post and it got marked as trolling. C’mon man try it. I’m not joking. Do your research too on citrus plants. They do contain 5 meo dmt in it. It’s just so legal that people think that they don’t get you high. Please don’t delete these posts. I’m not trolling. I’m not a troller. I’m serious person. I’m a psychonaut

Last edited by a moderator:
From what I gather, you'd need an orchard of trees and seeds to get a viable amount of DMT.
DMT is in a lot of things; that doesn't mean all of them are good sources for it.

That’s what I remember too, citrus contains DMT but so do mammal brains. Just neither are viable sources for it.

-GC

Dude i just now ate seeds from 4 lemons. And i’m high. It’s nothing like the breakthrough dose but i’m feeling very meditative and my bodily movements are slow. And i’m feeling very immersive. Maybe it’s not the 5 meo dmt but the other tryptamines in it, which are making me high. You can try it now and then come back to me

That’s what I remember too, citrus contains DMT but so do mammal brains. Just neither are viable sources for it.

-GC
It doesn’t have dmt in it but it has 5 meo dmt and some other tryptamines and besides arguing, you can try it and then come back here

-GC
Btw it’s something off topic but as of now i’m high so a question came inside my head after reading your post that what would happen if someone ate raw brain of mammals? It has so many chemicals in it including dmt. Will they get high? Do animals get high when they eat other mammals brain? As the brain naturally produces so many chemicals.

Btw it’s something off topic but as of now i’m high so a question came inside my head after reading your post that what would happen if someone ate raw brain of mammals? It has so many chemicals in it including dmt. Will they get high? Do animals get high when they eat other mammals brain? As the brain naturally produces so many chemicals.
Any active neurotransmitters in what you eat would generally not be directly transferred into your brain. For example, taking synthetic GABA has little to no mental effects as it does not cross the blood-brain barrier, but GABA receptor drugs like benzodiazepines, alcohol, GHB, gabapentin, and Phenibut can all have very powerful effects. Exogenous xytocin also is generally thought to only have physical effects despite the numerous effects that endogenous oxytocin (And drugs such as MDMA that promote its release) have.

I don't think you'd get much more than parasites and/or mad cow disease from eating raw mammal brain.

And remember that most mammals have only miniscule trace amounts of DMT in their body.

Last edited:
It doesn’t have dmt in it but it has 5 meo dmt and some other tryptamines and besides arguing, you can try it and then come back here

Ok.. I’ll entertain the idea. How many seeds?

-GC

Any active neurotransmitters im what you eat would generally not be directly transferred into your brain. I don't think you'd get much more than parasites and/or mad cow disease from eating raw mammal brain.

Remember that most mammals have only miniscule trace amounts of DMT in their body.
But every mammal has slightly different brain anatomy and hence different neurochemicals. So maybe they do get high, if suppose lion is eating deers brain but in the case of cannibalism it won’t work

But every mammal has slightly different brain anatomy and hence different neurochemicals. So maybe they do get high, if suppose lion is eating deers brain but in the case of cannibalism it won’t work
Read my now edited post for further clarification on why this wouldn't work.

Do
Any active neurotransmitters in what you eat would generally not be directly transferred into your brain. For example, taking synthetic GABA has little to no mental effects as it does not cross the blood-brain barrier, but GABA receptor drugs like benzodiazepines, alcohol, GHB, gabapentin, and Phenibut can all have very powerful effects. Exogenous xytocin also is generally thought to only have physical effects despite the numerous effects that endogenous oxytocin (And drugs such as MDMA that promote its release) have.

I don't think you'd get much more than parasites and/or mad cow disease from eating raw mammal brain.

And remember that most mammals have only miniscule trace amounts of DMT in their body.
Do you realise that the brain naturally produces benzodiazepine, nmda antagonists, etc. like chemicals naturally. And what if they do cross the blood brain barrier?

I hypothesise that eating that many lemon seeds is far more likely to induce cyanide poisoning (due to amygdalin) than produce any sort of high.

Furthermore, DMT and 5-MeO-DMT are not orally active.

EDIT: Lemon seeds do not contain amygdalin, so they are about equally likely to cause amygdalin poisoning and a DMT trip.

Last edited:
Do

Do you realise that the brain naturally produces benzodiazepine, nmda antagonists, etc. like chemicals naturally. And what if they do cross the blood brain barrier?
Yes, your brain produces neurotransmitters. (Although it does not produce benzodiazepines or NMDA antagonists as those are synthetic compounds)

But the neurotransmitters will not get from the raw (hopefully animal) brain in your stomach to your brain.

D
I hypothesise that eating that many lemon seeds is far more likely to induce cyanide poisoning (due to amygdalin) than produce any sort of high.

Furthermore, DMT and 5-MeO-DMT are not orally active.
Dude apple seeds contain cyanide and not citrus fruit seeds. Besides have u heard dmt citrate? Like when you combine lemon with dmt? Have u ever taken it sublingually? It does work

It
Yes, your brain produces neurotransmitters. (Although it does not produce benzodiazepines or NMDA antagonists as those are synthetic compounds)

But the neurotransmitters will not get from the raw (hopefully animal) brain in your stomach to your brain.
It does produce. That’s why you have those brain receptors in your brain in the first place. There are endogenous morphine too.

Whether or not this is trolling, you are attempting to encourage dangerous behaviour with horrifically inaccurate claims. Please find some studies to back up your claims in the future, and preferably gain a basic understanding of pharmacology and chemistry. Locking the thread.

It

It does produce. That’s why you have those brain receptors in your brain in the first place. There are endogenous morphine too.

There is no endogenous morphine, we produce endorphines, which are opioid peptides, which are what our opioid receptors are built to respond to. Morphine is an exogenous compound that also agonizes those receptors. Benzodiazepines are not in any way produced by the brain, they just happens to be positive allosteric modulators of GABA-A, which means they cause our own GABA to be pulled more into the synapses. We don't have "benzo receptors".

DMT citrate is just DMT bonded to a citric acid molecule to form a salt. Any freebase compound can bond with any acid (more or less) to form a salt. In fact, any freebase compound (such as DMT freebase) will form the HCL salt when you eat it, as our stomachs are full of hydrochloric acid. However DMT HCL (or citrate) doesn't not absorb through the stomach as our monoamine oxidase enzymes readily break it down. However, DMT will absorb sublingually, because sublingual absorption bypasses the gut, and thus, bypasses MAO. But that has nothing to do with whether or not citrus contains DMT.

I realize this is closed, just felt the need to correct some stuff for the benefit of anyone else reading this.

Status
Not open for further replies.