• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

can certain smells kill a ecstasy high

It sort of depends on the situation - the MDMA high lasts a certain amount of hours. Your enjoyment of the experience can be affected by your setting.

EG if you came across something decaying then the overall experience 'could' spoil you high - if however you just happened to smell the object without seeing it, it would have a different effect.

I don't think certain odors can really kill the ecstasy high, but like Bearlove said, they might distract you from feelings of bliss and emotional closeness to others.

From a pharmacokinetic stand point a scent would have no effect on the action of MDMA unless the smell was laden with serotonergic acting substances, which is extremely unlikely. As anyone who has tripped or rolled at a massive event will tell you porta-potties can be quite the experience, especially after people lose the ability to use the restroom in a coherent manner, but it will not stop your trip/roll.

maybe certain people could have buzz killing effects from certain strong smells.........just maybe but not me though.

Doubt it would kill the high per say but perhaps affect whatever buzz/vibe you had. But no doubts you could get that back.

From a pharmacokinetic stand point a scent would have no effect on the action of MDMA unless the smell was laden with serotonergic acting substances, which is extremely unlikely. As anyone who has tripped or rolled at a massive event will tell you porta-potties can be quite the experience, especially after people lose the ability to use the restroom in a coherent manner, but it will not stop your trip/roll.

Doubt it would kill the high per say but perhaps affect whatever buzz/vibe you had. But no doubts you could get that back.

These are both the things I was talking about - doesn't stop the high but can change your experience depending on the smell and what it's associated with.

what? LOL no man. Unless the smell of something nasty can really bring your mindset down THAT Much. Cant tell if serious or............

Festival port a pottys can definitely temporary kill your buzz. They are fucking disgusting.

Festival port a pottys can definitely temporary kill your buzz. They are fucking disgusting.

quite on the contrary. the diffuse lighting and relative darkness in these can make the psychedelic effects hit you in full force.

IMO the cold (air, water, ect ect.... ) can jam a Roll up pretty good. Jumped into a pool one summer thinking it would be awesome, while it wasn't like supercold water it was well... what most people would refer to as refreshing.... and it brought me back to sobriety quicky and oddly.... once I got warm the E high did come back but it was subdued.

Also try coming out of an east coast Rave at 6 am on cold eastcoast night..... snow is awesome when on LSD..... oddly painful when on MDMA, sweat will freeze and that aint good for you.

odors...... ehhh..... not really, not in my experience, Having seen and smelled vomit on certain raver nights it really never bothered me much. Walking into a 'bathroom' at a warehouse party with oh....... maybe a 1/2" inch of water and piss on the floor, and seeing two raver kids fucking on the floor.... yeah that's right ON THE PISS FLOODED FLOOR.... kinda makes me think a smell wouldn't kill yer buzz that much. Dirty summer 1993 parties LOL .... NYC warehouse .... and it was a bathroom.... but I don't think the water was turned on cause nothing really worked right... that was a nasty smelly bathroom and dem kids did not care.... LOL