• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Can catch hep C from NON-injection drug use?

Bob Ranks

Greenlighter
Sorry for the dupe-ish thread.

I dont really use this forum much, just made this account to ask these health questions.

I made a thread last month asking about HIV and hep-C from needle use.

I have switched to non-injection use (snorting; dope and coke mainly), and I heard it was still possible to get sick this way (like through the nasal passages, drug may be contaminated or maybe touched something dirty).

Yes, but it's more rare I believe.

OD -----> H&R

It's very rare but definitely does happen

I know someone personally who contracted Hep C from sharing a snorting implement with someone - unlucky or what!

If snorting - don't share notes/straws

Sorry for the dupe-ish thread.

I dont really use this forum much, just made this account to ask these health questions.

I made a thread last month asking about HIV and hep-C from needle use.

I have switched to non-injection use (snorting; dope and coke mainly), and I heard it was still possible to get sick this way (like through the nasal passages, drug may be contaminated or maybe touched something dirty).
Can happen. Use your own straw/bill. That’ll keep you safe. Don’t share your snorting tools!

It's very rare but definitely does happen

I know someone personally who contracted Hep C from sharing a snorting implement with someone - unlucky or what!

If snorting - don't share notes/straws

Can happen. Use your own straw/bill. That’ll keep you safe. Don’t share your snorting tools!
This. I also know someone who acquired hep c from sharing bills.

Definitely possible, and one of many reasons there is a push in Australia to decriminalise/legalise ice pipes as people can get bloody lips from the heat of the pipe and if they share, there is a risk of infection.

If any damage is done to whatever ROA a person uses (nostril lining, gums etc) then by sharing paraphernalia there is a definite risk of spreading blood borne disease.