• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Can cannabis when smoked in a bong especially make your mouth briefly numb

BJCS333

Bluelighter
just wondering if its normal i get it sometimes when taking a nice bong rip dont get me wrong i like it tho

The smoke from certain strains cause a noticible numbing of the tongue and mouth, yeah. It's not quite the anaesthetic feel (lol.) of a 'caine, more of a chilling feeling.

The smoke from certain strains cause a noticible numbing of the tongue and mouth, yeah. It's not quite the anaesthetic feel (lol.) of a 'caine, more of a chilling feeling.

I don't know about that, if I ever felt like I got some oral anesthetic feeling from smoking weed I would be very suspect and not mess with it.
I have had minty or menthol like pot that gives a feeling of a mint candy or what not but not actual teeth/gums numb effect that sounds crazy.

Soo then it ain't normal? mind u its only usually when i have the first bong rip and make it a fatty

I don't know about that, if I ever felt like I got some oral anesthetic feeling from smoking weed I would be very suspect and not mess with it.
I have had minty or menthol like pot that gives a feeling of a mint candy or what not but not actual teeth/gums numb effect that sounds crazy.

Yeah, like I said, it ISN'T like cocaine anaesthesia, but just a chilled feeling.

Smoked all day everyday for a few years back, mainly bongs, and from my experience I have never heard of this happened! We were smoking the strongest piff out there as well. I hate to even suggest your weed might be sprinkled with "something" someone please tell me if I'm wrong here...?

I've actually have had this feeling! I thought I was the only one.

I am rather a new smoker, but almost every time I smoke my mouth/tongue goes kinda numb ~

If you mean that your mouth (especially the tongue) can get a bit tingly like when local anaesthesia kicks in (not fully sedated, just kicking in) or like when your foot has fallen asleep and is waking up then yeah I've had that before when I take a huge bong rip or something similar. I think harsh and particularly dense smoke causes some mild irritation, which causes the tingly feeling. If you mean that you actually are a bit sedated in your mouth then no, I have never experienced that from weed alone, that isn't normal I think, but I could be wrong and every person will react slightly different to drugs, so it's possible I guess

It can make parts of your body numb. It is being considered as an analgesic after all...

^ an analgesic is a painkiller. are you thinking of an anaesthetic (loss of sensation)?

alasdair

Well, I don't think it is being considered for use an anaesthetic and I am not sure if there is a difference.

If you understand the etymology of both words, its pretty obvious there is a huge difference.

If you understand the etymology of both words, its pretty obvious there is a huge difference.
Anesthetia includes a loss of response to commands. If you study medical terms not every aspect is in the etymology. They find new ways to define phenomena but the words stay the same; so the etymology does not always match real usage.

If you suck on a pipe with nothing in it and get a numb feeling, is that anesthetia?

Last edited:
Uhm...I don't even know how to respond to your bullshit man.

Would you be satisfied with a "no"? If that isn't good enough, we'll try a " yes". Either way, I'm not feeding a goddamn troll, so let's just say you win. This isn't worth it, and from what I've read of your comments lately, it would likely last all night and we wouldn't get anywhere anyway.

Have fun being pedantic.