Can Boxing Trust USADA? Questions Surround Drug Testing for Mayweather-Pacquiao

NeighborMike

Bluelighter
Some of you guys might be interested in this

Pretty amazing article right here about the current state of boxing(and combat sports) and PEDs

Shortly after 3 p.m. on Friday, May 1, Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao weighed in for their historic encounter that would be contested the following night at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. Later on Friday afternoon, collection agents for the United States Anti-Doping Agency (USADA), which had been contracted to oversee drug testing for the Mayweather-Pacquiao fight, went to Mayweather’s Las Vegas home to conduct a random unannounced drug test.

http://www.sbnation.com/longform/2015/9/9/9271811/can-boxing-trust-usada

Read most of about half of the article, lol. It's HUGE!!!!

But wow. Just wow. Corruption really is everywhere.

Right....i know a lot of people who play professional sports, most of them in the fighting community and i try to explain how wild cheating is and everyone thinks im crazy

I think they should just have a category for steroid enhanced sports.

I'd love to see a rugby match or something where every players' total test count is at least 2500+ng/dl. Trenabolone at 100mg/week wouldn't hurt the entertainment either.

I'm sure sudden cardiac arrest would be a lot more prevalent though.

Yeah, I think the health implications might ACTUALLY be a worry :p

But I'm still all for it, coz really we already condone the cunts slamming into each other full force. What's another few newtons in the mix gonna do?

You rugby people overseas are crazy!!!

People in the U.S need to get on that level of brute force. People tend to be pussies in this place with all do respect to my own country.

Have an "open" class for sports where it's untested. That would be incredible. Would also allow athletes to really push their bodies as they wouldn't have to worry about dropping compounds or switching to avoid testing. Everyone would be peaked for big games, intensity would be through the roof, aggression would be off the charts. I want this! Would love if the ncaa woukd stop testing so I could go for a scholarship :p

It would be interesting right up until the cyborg olympics supersede it. Ultimate humans genetically modified and engineer to a pointed instrument. Repairs would be days compared to months off injured

It is really! I'm still very surprised about how deeply corrupted FIFA was. And nobody had a clue. Not even the sponsors until the last World Cup. Corruption seems to be governing greater sports in general.

It is really! I'm still very surprised about how deeply corrupted FIFA was. And nobody had a clue. Not even the sponsors until the last World Cup. Corruption seems to be governing greater sports in general.

Pretty much runs rampant in all sports...nothing you can do when a lot of money in invovled