View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Can anyone relate to this bad trip?

bobdylan

Greenlighter
I've been reading through these forums for a while, made an account today so I could talk about this scary experience we had a few days ago on what was sold as acid. My friends have bought tabs from this girl before several times, all with similar experiences, with 1 tab being more intense than any trips with other people's stuff, and 2 tabs being the limit for everyone. These are not inexperienced people, but the dosage is a lot stronger than anything before this. So my friend who hasn't tripped in a month or two took just 2 tabs and everything was fine, started feeling a little euphoric and antsy an hour or two in but didn't peak until around 2.5-3 hrs in. At this point my friend is having extreme visuals and is completely unaware of where they are. Speaking to this person is very difficult to do because they will not focus. At one point I continuously asked them to stand up and they just stared at me looking wide-eyed and scared. After this point, they are barely able to walk without stumbling and falling over. They pee their pants at this point. This is where they start looping. What begins as the repetition of a mumbled few phrases becomes the shrieking of about 10-15 different words/phrases that lasts for hours and hours without stop. This person is does NOT stop talking and they are unable to say anything but this handful of phrases in different orders. Strangely, at times they will respond to the situation appropriately via their tone. For example, if we are trying to get their attention or get them to focus on us, for a moment they will change their tone to an understanding one, still repeating the same words. My friend who has never been violent in any way before, tried to fight several of our friends. The screaming lasted for around 3-4 hours and at the end he had fallen down the stairs several times and was bleeding from his head so we took him to the emergency room partially because of that and partially because there was absolutely no way to keep him from breaking everything and hurting himself more except for pinning him down which only lasted a short while anyway. After he had come down many hours later, he had absolutely no recollection of anything except a few blurry things that happened right before he peaked. I'm sorry this post is so long, but this has never happened to us before, and I am curious if we are normally taking LSD and got a batch of something else this time or if we are normally receiving some other kind of chemical and this time was the real LSD. Apart from that, I am wondering if anyone else has witnessed or heard of events like this. I read about one on a forum a while ago, but apart from that, I don't know what could have been different from the 1.5 tabs everyone else in the group took and the 2 tabs he took. He was not in a bad setting or mood and no one else who has taken tabs from this batch has experienced anything similar. I guess I'm just fishing for any kind of relatable stories or answers that may give me more insight to this or give me a head's up to any kind of after effects he may experience. Thank you

Hi Bob- firstly, just want to point out that that big block of text is a bit of a deterrent for reading your story. Maybe insert a few paragraph breaks...:)

Your friend sounds like he did have a sort of psychotic episode. With LSD, this is rare, but I have seen similar things happen to friends of mine- its almost like a stimulated sort of dissociation. I'm not sure how much insight I can give you, but well done for making some really great decisions in a very difficult and frightening situation; ie. taking your friend to hospital and generally being there to support him. That is really commendable :)

I would probably suggest that he doesn't consume psychedelics again, or at least for a good long period. These days, 'acid' is not always acid. Its impossible for anyone on bluelight to really determine what you guys did consume. When you say he peaked at 3 hours in, that rings some distant alarm bells in my mind... But who knows? Check out the regional specific forums if you are after more specific information about the acid your friend consumed.

Peace :)

Can't say for sure, but LSD can do that, and sometimes it does take about that long to peak. Rare but it happens. A reagent test (buy on amazon or ebay) is in order if you have doubts.
If he's all better now and wants to trip again he should probally keep his doses lower in a safe enviroment, and should keep a friend around in case that happens again. If it happens again it might be time to hang up the phone.

Back when I tripped with others I've seen people completely lose their poop on Shrooms, acid, "mdma", weed, dxm and so on ranging from what you describe to a rage culminating in pooping on the couch, the roof, and the hood of his buddies car. These things do happen.

Last edited:
You're an idiot if you buy lsd and don't have ehrlich. It's what, $10 for a lifetime supply for some ehrlich off ebay (those nik, dancesafe, etc kits are a ripoff).

Similar thing happened to my homie except he was on shrooms and didn't get violent. He couldn't walk or talk so he crawled and mumbled and defeceated in his pants. He also ended up naked and would try and curl up places. Psychedelics can get you to a point where you don't know what's real, acid or watever research chemical you took would be more stimulating than shrooms so that's probably why your homie got violent, where as mine just curled up

The duration makes it sound like a DOx on the blotter... that class of drugs is one of the substances that will fit on blotter. So do the NBOMe chemicals, but they have a much shorter duration and time until peak. However it's impossible for anyone here to say. Personally I like DOC (one of the DOx family) more than LSD, but it's certainly very strong.

I agree, it sounds like your friend should stay away from psychedelics. Some people respond to psychedelics with psychotic episodes, and it seems like it doesn't happen to everyone. I have tripped many hundreds of times and have never had anything like that happen, even on trips where I was tripping so hard I was sure my soul was going to die, I didn't go psychotic, I was just terrified, considered killing myself to stop it, and then thought better of it and rode it out.

There is no way for us to know what drug you's had. It could have been an LSD analogue or it could have actually been actual LSD. Either way it was clearly psychedelic and would have had roughly the same capacity to cause the same symptoms, regardless of which it was.

How long did this stuff last for?