• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Addiction Can anyone give me any helpful/useful advice for cold turkey opiate/opioid withdrawals?

Unfortunately, Ibogaine is illegal in the US. I'd have to make a trip to Mexico for that. What about black seed oil? Where is it sold and how does it help? I'm not sure if I could get naltrexone, but I'll try if need be.
it is, but there are providers working if you look. both in the states and mexico. Black seed oil is orderable from amazon, no problemo, and almost any GP will rx naltrexone if you tell them youd like to try it to quit drinking.

I don’t know if it was mentioned but never make a large dose your last before withdrawal, it makes the intensity of the acute withdrawal much worse; never ‘drop off’ a large dose. You want to taper down to the smallest amount possible. Think of it like a plane crash vs. a soft landing.

Any updates
I relapsed after 2 weeks of sobriety (not including caffeine, cigarettes, weed, melatonin, ZzzQuil and kratom--since I was still using those as recovery tools). It was due to a combination of bad timing, moving stress and a chaos, and kratom being too expensive (like more expensive than simply continuing to ration opiates. Its ridiculous). I felt like a failure when I made the decision to relapse, but I plan to try to quit again later this year.

I relapsed after 2 weeks of sobriety (not including caffeine, cigarettes, weed, melatonin, ZzzQuil and kratom--since I was still using those as recovery tools). It was due to a combination of bad timing, moving stress and a chaos, and kratom being too expensive (like more expensive than simply continuing to ration opiates. Its ridiculous). I felt like a failure when I made the decision to relapse, but I plan to try to quit again later this year.

Don't beat yourself up about this @FunctionalJnkieGrl relapse is a normal part of recovery.

The important thing is to gain some positives from those relapses. It's not a failure, simply a learning process...

I read somewhere that only 2% of opiate addicts recover without relapsing on their first attempt at sobriety. It's alarmingly common, but that just goes to prove how powerful painkillers are. Trial and error is part of the recovery process. You're very right and I had to learn firsthand to find out that I'm in the 98%. I was hoping to be one of the fabled 2 percenters though. Damn shame, but I'll just try again later and hopefully won't relapse a 2nd time around.
Don't beat yourself up about this @FunctionalJnkieGrl relapse is a normal part of recovery.

The important thing is to gain some positives from those relapses. It's not a failure, simply a learning process...