• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

can anyone else relate to this phenomenon?

Burnt Offerings

Moderator: Drug Culture & CEP
Staff member
It seems like whenever I take psychedelic hallucinogens "every once in a while" (like, every couple or few months) the effects I get are almost purely hedonistic, it's like taking a strong euphoric stimulant with visual hallucinations attached. But if I take psychedelics fairly regularly, like once a week or even once every couple weeks, then the introspective and "mindfuck" stuff rears its head. I know that some people place a lot of value on the mental/emotional introspection of psychedelics, and yeah I've found it valuable at times too, but mostly I want this class of drug to act as a kind of atypical anti-depressant for me, and too much introspection makes me depressed. TBH.

Can anyone else relate to this? That one aspect of a drug's effect profile only begins to make an appearance with regular use? For additional context, the drug I'm mostly referring to here is LSD, which is what I have experience with more than any other psychedelic (by far). Second is psilocybin, every other one (mescaline, DMT, AL-LAD) I've only done once or twice.

I don't think LSD will ever stop being such a trickster, regardless of how you use it. There are plenty of RCs that seem to offer a hedonistic experience like the one you describe. 2C-I made me feel that way, pure hilarity and neon rainbow fluorescent everything with wacky visual distortions.

I've invariably had pretty fun times whenever I've taken acid after a long break.

It's just self-regulating in that, the more I used it regularly, the less enjoyable it became...but not because I didn't get high. the nature of the high changed...

Maybe you develop a tolerance to the hedonistic effects when you take it every once a week. Your body's telling you to wait longer between trips.

I think it's just that psychedelics can envoke the entire scale of human emotion, and hedonism is just one particular, beautiful, positive aspect of that.

This is why I love candyflipping. Take LSD, get all deep and introspective, forget what it means to be yourself; then as you come off the peak take 125mg of MDMA, and experience pure tribal hedonism, realising your full potential as a human being on planet earth.

I fucking love hedonism.

Do you mind if we change the thread title to an actual subject description? This is only a question referring to a subject not mentioned until the OP..
Matters to people viewing / using the forum.. :) Thnx!

It really just depends on set and setting, tolerance, and the dose of psychedelic your consuming. A heavy dose can take it from party-psychedelia to spiritual, mystic, mind-fuck status IMO, as well as a tolerance break.

Definitely don't add something like crystal m-amp to the picture (I know you are or were a frequent user by your posts on How High thread in DC). It ruins the magic and spiritual nature of almost any psychedelic. I learned this during a few LSD trips. You literally watch the visuals diminish and feel the hedonistic almost "evil" nature of the meth poison the trip. Adds an unwanted clarity as well.