• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Can anti-androgens numb / remove the longing for intimacy over time?

dopamimetic

Bluelighter
Well to make it short, I'm struggling with all these emotions and fail to cope with being alone. I hate it to be a man, a shy, overly emotional man, who girls don't notice and all that. Probably I don't look that bad after all, I'm no adonis by far but it could be worse. The problems are in my personality and in my mind. I hate it to see all the assholes getting the girls, them being traumatized and nevertheless go with the next asshole (oversimplification, but you get what I mean).

Have thought about pharmacological ways to kill these feelings. It's not even about sex, I can live without it, but the loneliness is torturing and killing me.

Does anyone have experiences with anti-androgens? I know that some rapists are forced to take them and they bring them relief. So I hope it could work for me too.

Difficult to reply with anything that doesnt sound like a total cliche. You just need to find the right one, you need to go out more, stop feeling like that and change your perspective of yourself and stop identifying yourself with passing emotions. Its all true but I guess kinda recycled. I dunno, maybe I can add that we've all been there at some point. And that these women that chose the as+holes are only worth forgetting. Why even waste time thinking about them man. Being "emotional", you say it like its a bad thing. This machismo of today, shoved into out minds through movies and other BS is just that, BS. Be happy youre not a one dimensional prick.

Also so so much of this culture today makes us feel like we are half of a whole and need a partner to be whole. That is usually an equation for not a very balanced relationship. It can be durable but its very conditioned on being with someone. I just dont believe in that. And this craving of yours for a relationship and intimacy is completely normal and a response to you being currently lonely. The more depressed and lonely the more you will wish for a woman. But the problem is, once you get her and this big hole is filled, youre still filling a hole. It wont be healthy. Youll be dependant on her being there. If she leaves you aka crawls out of this symbolic hole, it will be there again. And you depressed. You need to realize youre a whole person by yourself otherwise youll be in this limbo without any control for the rest of your life. It sux being dependant on anything, a woman or a drug.

And these meds youre talking about would be a lot like being on opiates. When I was at my worst my libido was at zero, months without any wish for anything sexual. Makes you realize how much of it is actual chemistry of the brain. But it also makes you reconsider what is actually a good relationship. Each guy knows how drastically you mindset changes once you orgasm. It can be like day and night with regards to a woman. But your libido is a hell of a lot also connected with motivation in general, mind sound lame, but it does feel a bit like a life force. When I had my at zero, man I was lazy and unmotivated.
One reason why girls might not like you as you claim, is that they feel the need from you. That can be very obvious. I bet at least some girl in your life was throwing herself at you at some point in the past and you know how unpleasant that can be. Its another cliche in life but its so true, usually the less you crave something the more it becomes available to you. The less serious my approach to women and relationships was, the more women liked me and wanted to hang out. Which makes in the end a lot more balanced relationship, approaching someone with a lot of neediness correlates a lot with preconcieved notions of what it should be like, what you want, your portrayal of it, your wishes. A lot of sh't put on a lot of nothing (yet). Youre a whole by yourself. If you approach a woman like that, first, she'll dig you a hell of a lot more because the back and forth will be a lot more playful and easy without all the heaviness of your expectations and will have a lot more potential to grow into something more.
Easier said than done I know. But it starts with you getting this silly idea about castrating yourself out of you head right now. It might seem like a curse now but It will be so much fun once you can use it the way its intended. It only seems like a curse because you have no control over yourself, your mind and have this fixed expectations. I know how difficult it is to change all that but you need to take a step back and start appreciating yourself as a person and stop seeking your self worth through other people. Women feel that instantly. When you go out, instead of torturing your self with fear when talking to a girl, just trying seeing the bigger picture, two people trying to see if they like each other. Not you seeking approval and her to make you happy. No, no expectations, youre not a seer, dont make women out to be this saviour for your loneliness and depression. Step back, your seeing whether youre even compatible and have sth in common and her doing the same thing, dont forget shes lonely too and looking for someone. Dont idealize how perfect she seems and how much you like her already. Relax, remember youre worth exactly as much as her, its equal footing and that you must not succumb to this cravings of yours to be in a relationship and how it will make you happy. Keep realizing, its your mind playing tricks on you and that its you without any control which will lead into nothing but an unhealthy relationship.
(for a few techniques I suggest reading sth buddhism related like by Lama Yeshe,Ajah Sumedho,Ajah Chah,..., different approaches,see what you prefer)

Sorry, I can't give you the answer you're looking for either but.... Join a church? Not religious? Join a club? Get in to a hobby so you can have common ground with said club. Learn to fly rc planes. You can meet lots of people that way. There are far to many ways to hang out with people And meet friends if you will just get in to any kind of a hobby.

Doesn't work, I've been trying for ten years or so now and I'm done. I can't stand it any more.

Yeah, have been thinking about it and probably I will get myself addicted to heroine and then join methadone program if this might work. Everything is better that what I'm currently living. Have considered suicide but it's not an option at the moment.

I find most people boring, that's why I'm alone. The ways people tend to connect are totally mundane. Trust me, hot people aren't necessarily better.

If you're feeling alone out of some self-esteem reason, then I dunno... deal with that, and then go be social. I know that there's nothing inherently wrong with me, I am just bored with all the small talk and mindless droning. Your problem seems easier to fix than mine. You just need to learn to see yourself differently and shift your perspective. No matter how much inner work I do, I still find people boring. heh

Doesn't work, I've been trying for ten years or so now and I'm done. I can't stand it any more.

Yeah, have been thinking about it and probably I will get myself addicted to heroine and then join methadone program if this might work. Everything is better that what I'm currently living. Have considered suicide but it's not an option at the moment.

Really? What kind of hobby are you in to? Rc cars or planes? Gardening? Cooking? Racing or hot rods? Sports? Knitting? Drawing? Writing?

Do tell, what is it that occupies your mind?

Yeah, I know from first hand experiences that 'hot' people aren't better by any way - indeed they are the first that I'd ignore because I know what life is like. But this also kills the illusions slowly. I know it's not all about beauty and such ... but personality, and if I couldn't change this to the better in more than 10 years, then chances are small that I could achieve anything in the next 10 years - and I know that I will kill myself before they are over.

I'm not antisocial or whatever. People seem to like me more or less, from time to time, but I'm nobody who they ever would find attractive by far or choose to hang with. In the end, I'm always alone and while I can't know it for sure, I think I know the reasons. In some very rare days / weeks when I've been manic, I have had more contacts than usually in a year or more. I'm just pale, boring, invisible. Too emotional, too sensitive. Tried to be an asshole, didn't work. And using drugs to compensate for that is no choice anymore, thanks to the fucking bastards of police and politicians.

Hobbies - more or less anything that I can do alone. Don't want to go outside any more really, don't want to see people and all that. Love gardening, but without money for just a flat that would be big enough for me it's a no-go. Cooking, yes, it's a thing of motivation, becomes boring to just care for myself all days.. I've been swimming, cycling, riding horses, some other things ... currently I don't have the mind to do much, need to change but there are reasons for why I don't. I have criminal records and I can't allow any more accident to happen, and people with negative mindsets are magnets for problems. Liked driving but chances that I will be able to do that legally again in my life are next to nothing. Yeah, should just say fuck about all that and kill myself, we have too many people already and I could make space for someone who deserves it better to live.

Reading, watching movies, drawing, educating myself about topics I'm interested in (like pharmacology, neurosciences, IT, whatever), writing / discussing online - it's nerdish boring but what choice do I have?

Last edited:
Well then, you seem to be a very well rounded person. What are you leaving out? From reading your post you have no problem talking with us so what happens in person? I wish I were more qualified to provide you with good advice. I hate to see someone place a low value on their own life. You, just like everyone, have something to offer to this world and to even the right person. You're not old by any means and if you could just find your path you still have plenty of time for happiness.

Maybe. It's all in my mind but that's the thing about mental disorders ... I'm really thinking about a way to get legally on opioids now, because they seem to be the most (only?) promising thing that's able to numb all my damn emotions. I've done opioids before and well, they were a double edged sword. I've become anxious and depressed too but probably much less intense than currently, and with the right dosage it might work ... benzodiazepines would be the other possibility, they are easier to get prescribed but probably they don't work as well.

Don't know if I'm leaving something out ... I'm just alone, and at the moment it's too much for me, don't know why this is right now the case. It's just easier to talk online as to make friends in real life, at least for someone as invisible as me, I know that there are quite a few stranger males who are in the same situation but no clue how they are coping with it. I'm 28 and never ever has a girl been attracted by me, that's okay, very probably I'm better off alone but I need to find a way how I can feel okay about that too.

What about a legit anti depressant? Ssri or something? Have you talked to a professional about your feelings? If you posted in the dark side there are probably some people out there that have been through what you are going through.

Trust me when I say this. IF I CAN FIND A WOMEN YOU CAN FIND A WOMEN. If that's even what you want right now. I know you are trying to find a way to dull your senses but I don't think opioids or benzodiazepines are a good idea. That's just a long trip down the rabbit hole that in the end will make your situation worse.

Are you in the USA? If so what part?

The antidepressants don't work unfortunately ... I've tried most of them and a bunch of other meds, well the only things that worked were illegal ones. Methylphenidate did something but it's not primarily mood-lifting. The arylcyclohexylamines (ketamine, MXE) were magical, but no option any more. I've made many attempts about therapy when I was younger, and what I've learned is to be very wary about anything with psychiatry in it's name. I can't talk honestly with them or they would have to restrain me and force me to take these horrid neuroleptics (if anything is able to make depression even much worse, then it's dopamine antagonists. They literally suck life out of you and sometimes destroy physical health too. I know it's a radical point of view but I have my reasons for this.)

I'm in Europe, Switzerland again at the moment (rich & evil country - I intend to leave it as soon as possible, the way they do their laws is just inhumane. For example, they have a blanket ban that covers every possible psychoactive, even totally unknown structures and such- if I would get caught with one, I would be put straight into prison or a forensic psych ward.)

Ok, you seem to know your shit and most of all you seem to know yourself well. Do you work? Have you ever dated? Can you ever remember a time in your life that you had fun and enjoyed yourself?

Dude, come on, I wasnt telling you to go do opiates. They might numb you but theres also x100 things that they will do that you dont wish for right now or not even think of. Have you tried Zoloft, youre from EU, its the brand name there?

Venlafaxine, paroxetine, sertraline, mirtazapine, moclobemide, mianserin, bupropion, fluoxetine, opipramol - quetiapine, risperidone, chlorprothixene - lamotrigine, valproate, carbamazepine - pregabalin, memantine, clonidine, zopiclone, zolpidem, lorazepam, alprazolam ... probably I've missed the one or other. Nothing worked on the long run.

Work is difficult at the moment, they say I'm unable to work due to mental problems and it's a thin line if I cross it, I will loose any monetary support I currently get. Golden cage of Switzerland.

Dates - I know what this is, but I don't know how to get one. No, I haven't.

The picture you paint and the way you come across in this thread and others are different. To read your post you seem very intelligent and competent.

What is going on that you can't work? What is making you so fragile?
I can tell if I bumped in to you somewhere I would enjoy conversation with you so I can't see why others wouldn't.

I find most people boring, that's why I'm alone. The ways people tend to connect are totally mundane. Trust me, hot people aren't necessarily better.

If you're feeling alone out of some self-esteem reason, then I dunno... deal with that, and then go be social. I know that there's nothing inherently wrong with me, I am just bored with all the small talk and mindless droning. Your problem seems easier to fix than mine. You just need to learn to see yourself differently and shift your perspective. No matter how much inner work I do, I still find people boring. heh
just an observation, but I feel like having over 5000 posts on an internet forum shows that you kind of seek to communicate with people ;)

also, smalltalk is kind of necessary to get to know most people, those who you can have deep conversations with immediately, are few, and for the rest, you need to break the ice first.

I'm a complete emotional mess. I have things to offer, factual things, but that's not what I or others are looking for. I've worked in IT for several years but without graduation and all that. Currently I'm unemployed and things won't become easier..

Hate it to be the intelligent, thoughtful, shy guy they come back to when they have problems. Then they will go out again, live their lives with the assholes, have great parties and crash, then maybe I'm the one who can clean up a bit - sorry, my English skills are limited, but you get what I mean. I just want to live. Want to erase all these emotions and thoughts and be a psychopathic asshole that just takes what he wants.

Nobody realizes that I am a feeling person too, that I have my wishes and desires.. that's alright. Just need to find a way how to live with that.

Or, the better solution, want to numb everything and sleep forever.

If we're already generalizing here. You know how those "psychopatic" dudes end up. Miserable and in therapy. Introspective people ALWAYS end up on top. Always. Those that take what they want might have a good run but that approach is exactly the opposite of happiness. Why do you think all the big, grand people that accumulate enormous amounts of wealth and have endless possiblity of women and things, either end up miserable or end up giving up most of their wealth. The only way to happiness , true happiness is facing your emotions, letting them be and go. Not shutting them out and being an as+hole. You can have a house filled to the brim with materialistic things and women but youll be miserable unless you have someone to truly share that with. Someone that youll make happy. Not in a romantic sense, not sexually or "love". More than that. Im avoiding the obvious word here cause I dont wanna sound cliche too much. All these expectations of parties and what you percieve as having fun, man, that gets old so so fast.
And Im interested why is Switzerland so bad IYO. Im also from EU and im telling that 95% of ppl in most countries here see it as pretty much the promised land. Its freaking beautiful and the standard is high. You complaints that all psycho.active subst. are banned is very weak. Is that really a bad thing. IF you want a spiritual trippy experience, go to a retreat. A buddy of mine went on ayahuasca retreat a while back and had the time of his life. Having these trips at home and too often IMO completely ruins the experience. Its so much better with the right surroundings and possibly a guide, someone who knows what theyre doing, where its been a tradition for thousands of years, not doing it in a suburb of a major city. I dunno, seems off.

^ Yep.

Well to make it short, I'm struggling with all these emotions and fail to cope with being alone. I hate it to be a man, a shy, overly emotional man, who girls don't notice and all that. Probably I don't look that bad after all, I'm no adonis by far but it could be worse. The problems are in my personality and in my mind. I hate it to see all the assholes getting the girls, them being traumatized and nevertheless go with the next asshole (oversimplification, but you get what I mean).

Have thought about pharmacological ways to kill these feelings. It's not even about sex, I can live without it, but the loneliness is torturing and killing me.

Does anyone have experiences with anti-androgens? I know that some rapists are forced to take them and they bring them relief. So I hope it could work for me too.

I think you are putting yourself down more than anyone else that you could try to approach. It seems you don't like yourself and IMO that could be changed.

Have you thought of going to a psychotherapist? Therapy can help us immensely. But so can you. Stop feeling bad about yourself. Everyone has problems and some of us here have gone through real losses, pain, and literally have lost everything.

I read posts giving you good advises but you refute them as if you know you were programmed to fail anyway. It seems you are punishing yourself with self pity and I wonder why.

What are you afraid of if you know you are going to fail anyway. I'd suggest that you get a way to start living, seek for help. Do something for yourself.

You say the loneliness is killing yourself but you are not willing to risk. You are denying yourself a chance to get a hobby?
How can you predict that is going to be so bad if you haven't even tried?

I'm not judging you or being harsh at all. I'm just saying that you need to get out of this cage you put yourself into.

Like OP says, find a hobby, risk doing something you like. If there's none, start looking.
You said that if you've gone that way you'll be a heroine addicted. How does that line of thinking can help you?

There is a quote that I remembered now that's pretty much like what you are going through:
“No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.”

What are you so afraid of?

Last edited:
Hmm, that's the center of depression probably, to be afraid when you know that you're going to fail anyway.

I'm afraid of violence, aggression. I've gone through more than enough for two lives, policemen can be the plain evil, some of them get horny when they have somebody weaker than themselves whom they can beat. I know that not all are like this, but it's a reality. Believe me, experienced this more than enough. I've been in a situation where somebody wanted to press onto my left eye until it was damaged, just to hurt me. I had to pay him several thousands- when I had no income- because 'I was the reason that he couldn't work for 2 weeks'. Needless to say, he started to aggress me. People are good in turning things around.

Psychotherapy isn't available for the majority here. Switzerland is such a rich country but they are really good in selecting people out. I do just have basic insurance. Extra insurance is only possible when you don't have any history of illness .....

Some points why I HATE Switzerland: They took my drivers license away with no real reason. They said they have to protect the other drivers and I have to go through some tests. Have paid 1'500 CHF (more or less equal in dollars) but had to move the appointment because of work. They said I wanted to cheat on them because I had consumed drugs - cancelled me and I didn't see a single cent. I won't be able to drive legally again ever in my life in this horrid arbitrarily state. They force one to do hair samples in which they see every single glass of alcohol one consumed over the past 2-3 years, and every single pill ingested. Cost: 750 CHF. Many people shave their hair because of this. Then they say, just come back in another year, you've just tried to beat us. Money gone of course.

They allow one to import medicine for personal use, with the limit of 'a months supply'. When I asked what this means, they treated me like an disobedient child. No real answer. When you exceed this rubber paragraph, it costs you around CHF 300-500 for their time to destruct the medicine.

Once in winter, I got a train which was 15 mins late. I have been late too, 2 mins or so, because of this my ticket had been bought after the planned depart of the train. The conductor had been bored or whatever, he wanted me to pay for being on the train without a valid ticket. They pushed it through several instances, wanted up to 600 CHF plus charges from me until finally somebody cancelled all the shit.

And so on, I could fill books with all the shit going on in Switzerland.

Last edited: