View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Can acid go bad?

Slumerican96

Bluelighter
Curious because i took 4 hits and tripped balls while a freind said 4 didnt get him high. Ive only had the strip for 2 days. Lol did it go bad? Also if i dropped Thursday how long till i can drop again?

You could drop the day after, but you'd need 2x as much for the same effect.

Theoretically you should be good to go today, and also this is the wrong forum dude :p

Yeah you'd need double, but you're better off waiting at least a week, if not more if you want a really magical experience :)

16ce296.jpg

Here is a nice chart someone made on Reddit.

Could very well be 3x I've never dosed the next day was just going on what I've heard others report :)

@TripSitterNZ would support this suggestion, not by definition what the OP is asking exactly. But curses, or negative energy, can be put into the LSD by nasty folks, be it the chemists or dealers.

Energy is very real, stemming from consciousness often.

So in that sense, it CAN go "bad."

But in terms of "going off" in usual terms...no, I don't think so.

Albert Hofmann stated strongly, that under the right storage conditions, no light, heat, moisture, oxygen...LSD can last indefinitely.

Degradation, i.e. reduction of potency, is acid gone "bad" IMO, not in a harmful sense though. Just less effective.

Last edited:
i notice no tolerance at a weeks break for a short period of tripping but it adds up long term. Two weeks is more than enough to get most magic back aswell. A months break will do wonders to the trip allowing a full reset.

Curious because i took 4 hits and tripped balls while a freind said 4 didnt get him high. Ive only had the strip for 2 days. Lol did it go bad? Also if i dropped Thursday how long till i can drop again?
4 days is usually more or less sufficient, in my own experience. Even 3 or less. I believe LSD tolerance acquisition varies between people, not so black and white as the above graph indicates.

i notice no tolerance at a weeks break for a short period of tripping but it adds up long term. Two weeks is more than enough to get most magic back aswell. A months break will do wonders to the trip allowing a full reset.
Yes I must be nearly a month now almost. No need to trip just yet. I don't actually need it right now. And couldn't handle it currently in my own and global condition.

I feel so high though, in a visionary sense. When I drop down from that ceiling, am feeling more well...we will see.

It's been 2 days since i took 4.lmao it was way too much. Will 1 or 2 get me right?

probably wont feel much at 2 days just wait a week or 5 days if you really feel like you want to trip. 5 days will have some tolerance but as a one off short time thing you will still feel most of it.

Yeah man, just wait and if 4 was too much, try 1 - get a feel for all the different levels.

If you took 3 today, it may not be unworthwhile, but if you can, wait 5 days and take 2, would be my own suggestion if you can.