• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Can a pup get affected by second hand smoke?

Chefjeffpoe

Greenlighter
I'm wondering if smoke from t could affect a dog. Swim has a dog, and the dog does not get smoke blown at her of even in her direction, in fact the dog sits on the right corner of the couch and a rotating fan in front of her blows smoke away from her while swim and company sit on couch/chairs to the left and intentionally exhale to the left. Still is it possible for her to be exposed? She doesn't show any signs of it, except for she seems withdrawn and almost sad....feels like she knows what we're doing and she's disappointed or something😢.... But...this dog is far from neglected, actually spoiled asf. Very well fed..(even not good table scraps) so,is there any way pup could get exposed second hand?

please no SWIM, an action couldn't own a dog, beside that if the air is circulating in the room and you are not hotboxing, I doubt that the dog can get high, if you blow smoke on him that is another thing, but are you smoking weed? or what does the t mean? tina aka meth?

Dogs have lungs, so yes they're effected, but from what i've seen it takes longer than the lifespan of a dog to cause serious damage from second hand smoke. I know people who smoke like chimneys in their house with multiple dogs and none of the dogs show signs of lung issues.

Dogs have lungs, so yes they're effected, but from what i've seen it takes longer than the lifespan of a dog to cause serious damage from second hand smoke. I know people who smoke like chimneys in their house with multiple dogs and none of the dogs show signs of lung issues.
Eh, if it's just weed smoke I bet it's fine. I've seen a lot of dogs hurt by second hand cigarette smoke indoors though.

I'm guessing the Op is referring to weed. I smoked around my family dog all the time when I lived at home and she's fine and a ripe old age. Also I smoke around my cat and he actually seeks me out when I smoke so I think he wants to get high. Never given him any breathing issues.

Now, I have reptiles too, and I am always sure to keep smoke away from them as they're so small and fragile in comparison (plus snakes only have one lung!) and smoke in a different room from them with their door closed off so only me and the cat are getting the smoke.

If you are referring to meth ("t"), one shouldnt smoke meth around dogs. Amphetamines are more toxic to dogs than they are humans. Its particularly bad if the dog is small. Check the eyes pupil dilation, but again, dont advise smoking meth around dogs.

please no SWIM, an action couldn't own a dog, beside that if the air is circulating in the room and you are not hotboxing, I doubt that the dog can get high, if you blow smoke on him that is another thing, but are you smoking weed? or what does the t mean? tina aka meth?

I didnt get what you meant by action couldnt own a dog... But yes the fan is circulating the air away from the dog, No hotboxing, windows open weather permitting, and the smokers also exhale away from the dog, shes(the pup) just really clingy to her dad. Mostly dabs and bud, but yes sometimes tina, sporadically tho, not everyday, and a little bit of dmt randomly. The other day pup had a small seizure. Swim and a friend had a 3day mini-vaca bender, 1st day back got home and pup was slow to get up to greet her daddy, which is very uncharacteristic. Swim fed pup as usual, ate bfast himself and watched an episode of Ozark. Got up and was about to leash up pup for the morning walk and had the seizure. Lasted only about 1-2 mins, but felt like 1-2 milleniums...pup is @14 years old, but in very good health besides that, so swim was worried his pup breathed some...sorry for so long of message, thank you for reply

If you are referring to meth ("t"), one shouldnt smoke meth around dogs. Amphetamines are more toxic to dogs than they are humans. Its particularly bad if the dog is small. Check the eyes pupil dilation, but again, dont advise smoking meth around dogs.
Hey, thank you for reply, if you can, please read my reply to the one right below yours. Thank you

Hey, thank you for reply, if you can, please read my reply to the one right below yours. Thank you
My reply to thefirm is the one i was referring to. The pups eyes were dilated during the seizure, but that was only time they were. Swim and friends make every effort to keep all smoke away from pup, she's just extremely needy and attached to her dad

try to smoke in another room and let the dog in the room only after the air is clear, is better for the dog to feel sad for 10 mins because you are not letting it in the room than intoxicating her. but I doubt that the second hand smoke triggered the seizures, you should take the pet to the vet, there may be some underlying issues. regarding the "action", I was refering to the word "swim", swim is not allowed on bluelight

try to smoke in another room and let the dog in the room only after the air is clear, is better for the dog to feel sad for 10 mins because you are not letting it in the room than intoxicating her. but I doubt that the second hand smoke triggered the seizures, you should take the pet to the vet, there may be some underlying issues. regarding the "action", I was refering to the word "swim", swim is not allowed on bluelight
Oh....not allowed? Ok, I get it. Anyways, pup is seeing her vet on Tuesday, and i doubt it too, after all she is 14years old. She medium size, about 40-45lbs, border collie-Springer spaniel mix. Active and in good health, i just got paranoid. Thanks for your time