• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Can a Dr. do this? Help please.

OK guys, here the update. Talked to him a bit ago.
He went to a doc in box after BOTH doctors refused to return/take calls. The DIB (Doc in Box) also said that was BS and they should have at least talked to him about. (side note) Might be scared of him, he is a big guy and if he got mad at me I'd hit him with a stick!! A long stick!!

Anyway, DIB gave a nausea shot and script (zobaxan? sp?) and 20 percocet to tide him over. Sicked his nurse on the pain clinic docs and said that he will get him a appointment! Go DIB!

For those that asked;
1. The PCP referred him to the other doc!
2. A LONG time ago. Mepergan days! 1998 I think he said.
3. NO pain contract from either doc.

Anyway, any advice (or pointed to a thread) that I can share the info about the in and outs of a pain clinic.

Thanks again all!! David send his thanks (he 'lifts and a key board dont weigh much') his words!

That is good news! What the pain clinic will ask for are medical records and latest x-rays or MRI's. Most of them make you sign a pain contract. Depending on the practice, they can require random pill counts and/or drug tests. They are strict on not getting pain meds from other doctors. So he needs to double check what he's signing. Is he using his insurance or paying cash? The reason I ask is because my friend has a referral for a new pain management doctor. Trouble is, the ones that take her insurance are not accepting new patients.