• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Can a dope bag dissolve if I ate it?

xxsicknessxx

Bluelighter
Simple question, this isn't the first time. I worry because I was remembering the past wondered.

It depends what the bag is made of and how well sealed it is.

Your body won't break down plastic. Most bags will pass through your digestive system without issue. However, bags have been known to open/break apart and get stuck during digestion leading to serious complications such as bowel obstruction or overdose.

Like Vastness said, it really depends on what the bag is made out of. A small, 1g ziplock will most likely break open, either from the stomach acid eating away at the bag or the seal being compromised from the liquid and mechanical motions of your stomach and bowels as it moves through your GI tract. If stomach acid leaks into the bag, it will expand and eventually rupture, leading the contents spilling out. Luckily, if it is heroin, it wont be very bioavailable via this ROA, so depending on how much you ingested, you still might be ok if it does break. Swallowing bags unpredictable, all it takes is a tiny hole or gap or the wrong material to burst. Hope you are safe!

isn't this why condoms are the popular choice? *not vouching for condoms either, except for stopping pregnancy

If you’re talking about an east coast “stamp” bag then it will break down but not dissolve completely. I got pulled over one time and swallowed a bundle I just copped. Never saw much in my poop.