View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Can 2C-X substances give depression?

spikeycloud

Bluelighter
Lately I'm quite in a bad mood, negative thoughts and emotions, seeing everything dark, very sensitive to negative things etc. I'm a regular user of 2C-D and sometimes 2C-C I mostly use it when going out in low doses between like 3 - 10 mg in combination with some beer. But I take it atleast once every weekend (sometimes even twice). Some while ago I took a lot of stimulants (mostly 2-FA). I didn't take them for almost a month now, as I thought those were the cause of my bad mood and thoughts.... but the bad mood is still there. So I was wondering that the 2C-C and/or 2C-D might be the culprit. And even though these substances don't release any serotonin, could they cause this bad mood? Anyone any experience with this?

If you think there's a connection between your use of 2-c's and depressive feelings it might be an idea to lay off 2-c's for a while.

from my experience with the 2c- family; it can be hit and miss with depression. I've had some hefty trips where I've come out of them depressed, with some depersonalization. I used 2c-b heavily from last may all the way up until I had a hellish trip in late November that I didn't think I was coming back from. most of those trips were awesome, almost more beautiful than my lsd trips; but the depression and 'spun out' feeling came later and after a while it wasn't worth it to keep tripping. give yourself some time, sometimes we just over use the magic with these substances; look at it this way, give yourself some time to heal, and when/ if you feel ready to return to these substances, your body will let you know when its time. don't worry unless you have some serious bad news bears feelings, then you may want to completely lay off any sort of mind altering drug. love and light.

for some reason when I went to edit this it didn't edit.
anyways, I just re-read your post and you said you were also using some stims, damn dude, along side the 2c-c/d? that's rough on your heart. do you suppose that you could just be crashing from the stims and that's whats contributing to your bad feelings?

Last edited:
I dunno. But seeing it is some time ago I beginning to doubt that now as most people don't have a comdown from 2-FA at all. I never knew that 2C-X effected the heart that way either btw.

I'm also not over the magic they work just fine even at those low doses. The experiences are mostly good ones (not always), and make me feel a more confident and positive person.

But lately ( last 1.5 year or so) I'm in a feeling in a bad mood and I want to know if I do this to myself or if it is because of the substances. I'm focussing a lot on my thinking lately and it sometimes seems that my thinking is like a random movie about the things in my life instead of you choosing your thoughts. I worry about this so that might have something to do with it as well. I'm also looking out for the weekend a lot of times, because then I can go out and drink and use 2C-X so that I don't have those annoying thoughts anymore.

I also use 5-HTP and L-Tyrosine 2-3 times a week. (50-100 MG / 500 MG)

Last edited:
Obviously you'll do what you want, but I suggest taking a few months off from all drugs. Be kind to your mind and body. The fact that you posted this question tells me you have a hunch about the answer already. Take a break. Re-calibrate your mind. Bring things back to par. Only then decide how to go forward.

Good luck.

yeah, im almost positive the 2c family is vascoconstrictors, and combined with any sort of stim thats harsh on your heart. but yeah dude, just keep thinking positive thoughts, go outside, do some feel good things. best of luck.

I noticed something similar to this when I was using 2C-E excessively among other psychedelics. I know you said that most of your experiences are positive, but do you think that the reason you have this depression afterwards is because you don't actually want to be doing these drugs all the time and you cant just break away from them?
Without sounding like a therapist and I know its extremely cliché but admitting to yourself you have a problem is the first step. Why do you feel the need to take them every weekend? what's wrong with just going out drinking with your mates? I space my trips out so far apart these days when I do get the chance to drop a little 2C-E I'm like a kid at Christmas, I'd always feel guilty Monday morning at work that I'd pissed away my whole weekend tripping and that led to some depression, then come Friday when I dropped some more I'd feel like what the fuck am I doing this for?
Find something else more positive to fill your weekends and lay off the drugs for a few months, psychedelics aren't really the type of drugs you should become accustomed to, its not in any way a natural thought process you'd want to maintain, the real world can be fun too.

Any excessive drug use can contribute to depressive symptoms, even chemicals as acclaimed for anti depressent properties as psychedelics.
I find that any time I use psychedelics in attempt to kill a bad mood, on the comedown I am in a far worse state than before I began.

Thanks for the tips guys. I guess you're right and I should stop/decrease with those chemicals for a while and see the results.