• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Camomile tea and Xanax.

It's all speculation unless we know your tolerance to GABAergic compounds. If you are just looking for a *little* relief then somewhere between .5 and 1 mg should do it. Sublingual administration will help it kick in faster if you want. Tasty :)

wait grapefruit/juice... doesn't make benzos stronger? why does the bottle to diazepam/alprazolam say not to mix the two? And from personal experience and learning I thought it inhibited enzymes from breaking the benzo down and therefore you basically get more out of it?

i thought for sure it was a benzo potentiator (spelling...) depending on the benzo...

I saw something yesterday that it has a mild interaction with diazepam, but grapefruits effect on alprazolam is negligible.

wait grapefruit/juice... doesn't make benzos stronger? why does the bottle to diazepam/alprazolam say not to mix the two? And from personal experience and learning I thought it inhibited enzymes from breaking the benzo down and therefore you basically get more out of it?

i thought for sure it was a benzo potentiator (spelling...) depending on the benzo...

Nope, There aren't any interactions between alprazolam and grapefruit. There's nothing written about grapefruit interactions on my bottles of alprazolam, or my temazepam bottles. I don't have my triazolam bottles within reach.

edit: I looked on my halcion/triazolam bottle and that one does have a grapefruit juice interaction. Strange, both triazolam and alprazolam are very very similar chemically as triazolobenzodiazepines.

Last edited:
^ do you have any idea why there would be an interaction between triazolam but not alprazolam? Like you said they are extremely similar, it's quite curious to me.

^ do you have any idea why there would be an interaction between triazolam but not alprazolam? Like you said they are extremely similar, it's quite curious to me.

I'm really not sure, it certainly is puzzling.

Do you know if the enzyme is unplaced in most of the metabolism between the two chemicals? I was under the impression that most had very similar mechanism of action, with slightly different receptor subtype affinities and of course the bioavailability and half life.

Last night I took one 2mg pill of xanax and drank a cup of chamomile tea. I have ADD and insomnia, complicated by taking concerta every day...needless to say, its hard or impossible for me to get to sleep. I slept so soundly and peacefully. It was wonderful. :)