Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Camellia sinensis - Experienced - Hot Water Extraction, Enjoyable Experience

atrollappears

Bluelighter
I was first tipped off to this interesting plant by a friend who informed me that it is often used by the inhabitants of some Asian island (and some others) for its psychotropic properties. Apparently it contains various psychoactive alkaloids which contribute to its overall effect.

Anyway, I obtained this mystery plant from an online vendor. I decided on a hot water extraction since I heard the alkaloids were water soluble. I then consumed the resulting liquid (I didn't feel like trying to evaporate water, it's a bitch) once it had cooled down enough for me to drink it. It didn't taste too bad, but I put the liquid in a spouted vessel and poured it into a small cup so I could gulp it down easily.

The effect was certainly pleasant, I would describe it as a relaxed stimulation not unlike a low dose of MDMA. I felt that my cognitive functions were enhanced, but I wouldn't describe it as resembling d-amphetamine in any way. The effect was rather short, maybe a gradual transition to baseline after 2 hours or so. No crash to speak of. This could definitely be habit forming, I could see someone coming to consume this on a daily basis if they're not careful.

Also, here are the alkaloids that are in the plant. I was hoping the more scientifically minded of you could tell me whether these might be neurotoxic:
gamma-glutamylethylamide
gamma-glutamylmethylamide
1,3,7-trimethylxanthine

Oh, that's nasty stuff, that is. You wanna avoid those three on the end there, particularly lethal they are. Last I heard, millions of people are hooked this stuff, sometimes the really hard cases mix this stuff called Cake with it.

But I wouldn't know, never having done the stuff, myself.

Nice write up. You should be fine, but as stated above watch out you don't start combining it with cake, that's where the real neurotoxicity starts...

Delightful report.

Are you using a preparation with higher Flavan-3-ol content, or theaflavin content?

This is obviously a joke, and not even a good one. He just made tea :\

Tea is delicious and psychoactive, I get a good buzz when I drink a whole shitload of tea. 5 star trip report man, stay safe though, I hear laced tea has recently been popping up, the dealers are trying to get the children hooked on pcp and cocaine. It's some pretty hard core stuff, you probably should wait a month between uses to give your brain a break.

Better drink it up. I read that Chinese addicts were using it in speedballs with opium. That trimethylxanthine been showing up in pills as a ecstasy analog, and dealers are lacing speed/h with it 8o. It's only a matter of time before they ban Camellia sinensis, aka devil's leaf.

Why couldn't the first response go along with the joke? It would have been hilarious to see posts acting like it's some new shit.

Just watch out for the epigallocatechin gallate. Some serious side effects are implicated.

High intake of polyphenolic compounds during pregnancy is suspected to increase risk of neonatal leukemia. Bioflavonoid supplements should not be used by pregnant women.[29][30][31] Maternal consumption of EGCG during pregnancy may elevate the risk of childhood malignant central nervous system (CNS) tumours through unknown mechanisms.[32]

If not nursing or pregnant, it might not be much of a risk.