• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Calling all outdoor growers.

watermellon

Bluelighter
This will be my 3rd year growing outdoors and I'm looking for some feedback on short flowering strains that finish by the end of September. I live upstate NY where we have cool damp weather at the end of the season. Mold/bud rot is my #1 concern. Last year I had to pull a critical cheese early due to mold. I still pulled 13.5oz off it but I know it needed minimum 2 more weeks. Won't be growing that again. If I can get grape sorbet again I will grow that. I was able to pull 8.5 oz off that strain, finished good with 0 mold loss.

I just got some Barney's farm triple cheese and bubblegum so far. The triple cheese says 50-55 day flower. Maybe some UK outdoor growers will chime in. You guys have crappy rainy weather like us Lol.

I plan on doing a bunch of strains so the following year I can just pick the ones that did the best.

I'm shooting for a pound per plant this season. I do a lot of topping and support the branches. I use 30-35 gallon pots. Fox farm soil and nutes. The plants are 100ft from the house so watering isn't an issue. Have a long garden hose that reaches the plants

Last edited:
I'm in the same climate and all I do is take whatever strain I'm growing inside, clone it and run it outside. I wouldn't worry about it too much - the best thing you can do is start your seeds early (like now) and force flower them when you're ready