• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Calling all Experienced Proglumide users...

User145667

Bluelighter
....If there are very many on here, that is. Or just folks who understand studies well and have a bit of knowledge about Proglumide will aso work.

I have some questions.

I just got 5 grams of Proglumide powder in mail. What should I expect? Is it really as good as they say? Agmatine has always kinda sucked. I mean it does a little something, but not really worth the trouble TBH.

1) By what percentage does Proglumide lower opioid tolerance? 70 percent? Higher? This could be dangerous if you are using really high doses of opiates. Ergo, there really should be more information about this stuff...

2) Can it get you back to an opiate-naive state once again? Probably not, but my hopes are high. If anything else, could it get me feeling kratom again? And if i use this and kratom for two weeks will i still be able to maintain said Kratom high once i run out of Proglumide, or will tolerance shoot right back to previous levels? It seems like it should change things at least a little, right?

3) How long does the Tolerance block / potentiation last? Is it possible to trick your brain into thinking your tolerance really is that low using this stuff? Why or why not?

4) Empty stomach or no? I had a pint of Ice cream bout an hour ago.

5) How long after dosing with Prog should you do your opiate of choice? How long does the Proglumide's effects last. Can they be prolonged even further? Also, will tolerance to Proglumide itself become an issue, or is it one of those drugs (such as antidepressants) which keep a pretty consistent effect at the same dose over long periods of time?

6) Recommended dosages? 300mg seems to be the most recommended. Could i possibly get by with a lower dose (this stuff was a little pricey)? Would I not notice anything at all at say 100mg? Also, are the tolerance-blocking effects dose-dependent or is the are ceiling?

7) what is Proglumide's bioavailability orally? Would nasally be more effective? Perhaps even other means if it makes a big enough difference to justify doing? If the oral bioavailability is indeed low, are there ways to raise it?

Thanks

Last edited:
Feel free to PM too for more information that I may have that you may want too 😉

Dang, I guess no one jas much information. This substance is far too obscure

BUMP! Did this post get shadow banned or something? Normally i hear something back on a post pretty soon; there is no sourcing so it shouldn't be banned, right?

It would be nice to hear something back because there isn't much info on the web about this stuff, especially when being used in this context as an opiate tolerance reducer. Mostly I find just articles from studies, and generally i dont understand the jargon when ot comes to those things (why can't they just summarize said studies in laymen terms as a post script recap?? Ugh! 😫😡😤)

That being said, here is what the vender had to say about how to use it (not sure how accurate it is; sounds more like an anecdote and we all know that different drugs affect different folks in different ways [at different times even]. But an anecdotal experience is far better than no information):

"Proglumide is used as an opioid tolerance reducer or prevention.

Prevention Dose: 250 to 500mg about an hour before taking any opioid.

Tolerance Reducer: Start with 500mg just before bedtime. Up to 750mg can be taken if desired affects are not achieved with a lower dose. You will notice a difference the next day but the maximum affect will occur on the third day after the bedtime dose.

Proglumide has a synergistic affect with opioid pain management."

Last edited:
Your posts aren’t Shadowband, it’s just that no one ever replies to anything about Proglumide, except for very few, and even those hardly give any good description. it is a very obscure substance despite being cheaply available. from what I’ve heard, it’s very good at suppressing and reversing opioid tolerance but I’m not sure as to what degree. unfortunately, I’ve heard that tolerance unfortunately builds up to proglumide’s actions.
Please share your experiences trying out this substance, I’d be really interested and I’ve been trying to investigate this substance myself for a long time.

Your posts aren’t Shadowband, it’s just that no one ever replies to anything about Proglumide, except for very few, and even those hardly give any good description. it is a very obscure substance despite being cheaply available. from what I’ve heard, it’s very good at suppressing and reversing opioid tolerance but I’m not sure as to what degree. unfortunately, I’ve heard that tolerance unfortunately builds up to proglumide’s actions.
Please share your experiences trying out this substance, I’d be really interested and I’ve been trying to investigate this substance myself for a long time.
Well, in my experience i wouldn't call it "cheaply available" as it costs about ten bucks a day for the doses i need. That's in addition to the actual drugs themselves, too. And its far from widely available. Its nowhere to be found on the clear net as far as i can tell. Which is really strange, considering its not a controlled substance or even recognized by the FDA here in the US. I say its strange because we are in an opioid crisis as a country, and there are well documented studies on how effective this stuff is in fighting opioid tolerance. You'd think at least one asshole would take advantage of the situation and start selling it as a nootropic or something. I mean, many of the same things can be said about Phenibut and Tianeptine (both drugs are uncontrolled in the USA and are both foreign prescription drugs that aren't recognized by the FDA, and both have been taken advantage of in the Nootropic market for dubious purposes. You'd think a company would have jumped on Proglumide and similar drugs long ago...). Maybe its just super hard and not very cost effective to synthesize? Who knows. But I digress.

Are you sure tolerance builds up to it? Things like Agmatine didn't seem to build tolerance in their own right, and I was hoping something similar would happen here. Who's really to say though, being that this is indeed such an obscure substance. Maybe people are talking out of their ass and assuming that the brain builds tolerance to Proglumide

I mean, its cruel enough that we live in a world that actually provides such an amazing escape such as opioids, but yet also just so happens that these "escapes" comes with hellish withdrawals, ridiculous prices, and an ungodly amount of tolerance to their effects; a tolerance that lingers -- making said "escape" extremely bitter sweet. Like, did God really have to make it to where you get a tolerance to this stuff as well??? I mean, give me a freaking break. I simply don't want to believe it. And maybe it isn't true. Only time will tell.

Anyways, let me break down my experience with this stuff thus far, lol.

The first day trying it I took it an hour before getting high. (I dont have a scale currently because my most recently bought one got stolen 😮‍💨, but I emptied two 200mg magnesium capsules and then filled one full and then I filled the second one about halfway -- so as to maybe guestimate 300mg of this stuff. Yes, I realize chelated Magnesium and Proglumide probably have different densities and what not, but its the best I could do on short notice). I tested it by taking a little less than a third of my normal opiate dose, and low and behold, I actually got buzzed. Normally, at this dose I would not even feel relief from W/Ds, much less catch a buzz. Granted, the small high I got did not last very long, but it was a start.

Then infuriatingly enough, dosing Proglumide between what I guess to be 300 and 600mg an hour before dosing the opiates seemed to almost have a blocking effect for the next couple of days. Even at my normal dose i was no longer getting high. Which severely pissed me off, might I add.

Then I went back and read the vendor's dosing suggestion (which is edited and posted above in the OP). Therefore as a result, I took around 600-750mg of Prog last night, as opposed to taking it an hour before dosing my opiates. And low and behold, half of my normal dose of hydros got me about as high as my normal dose, which is obviously very good news.

So therefore, I would definitely recommend the vendor's instructions above. I am hoping that continuing this way (that is, taking around 750mg every night before bed) will get me back down to [or at least very close to] a baseline level of opioid tolerance. Problem is, i only got about 2 or 3 days worth of proglumide left, but that's more of a personal problem lol.

I am really hoping tha the lowered tolerance sticks, but we'll just have to wait and see. But the stuff undoubtedly works; and it works far, FAR better than any other potentiator or tolerance reducer that I've tried (and I've tried quite a few)...by a LONG SHOT.

I am also interested in trying other CCK inhibitors/ antagonists as well. But for now, things have been going fairly well with this substance. PM me for more information, if ya know what I mean.

Well, in my experience i wouldn't call it "cheaply available" as it costs about ten bucks a day for the doses i need. That's in addition to the actual drugs themselves, too. And its far from widely available. Its nowhere to be found on the clear net as far as i can tell. Which is really strange, considering its not a controlled substance or even recognized by the FDA here in the US. I say its strange because we are in an opioid crisis as a country, and there are well documented studies on how effective this stuff is in fighting opioid tolerance. You'd think at least one asshole would take advantage of the situation and start selling it as a nootropic or something. I mean, many of the same things can be said about Phenibut and Tianeptine (both drugs are uncontrolled in the USA and are both foreign prescription drugs that aren't recognized by the FDA, and both have been taken advantage of in the Nootropic market for dubious purposes. You'd think a company would have jumped on Proglumide and similar drugs long ago...). Maybe its just super hard and not very cost effective to synthesize? Who knows. But I digress.

Are you sure tolerance builds up to it? Things like Agmatine didn't seem to build tolerance in their own right, and I was hoping something similar would happen here. Who's really to say though, being that this is indeed such an obscure substance. Maybe people are talking out of their ass and assuming that the brain builds tolerance to Proglumide

I mean, its cruel enough that we live in a world that actually provides such an amazing escape such as opioids, but yet also just so happens that these "escapes" comes with hellish withdrawals, ridiculous prices, and an ungodly amount of tolerance to their effects; a tolerance that lingers -- making said "escape" extremely bitter sweet. Like, did God really have to make it to where you get a tolerance to this stuff as well??? I mean, give me a freaking break. I simply don't want to believe it. And maybe it isn't true. Only time will tell.

Anyways, let me break down my experience with this stuff thus far, lol.

The first day trying it I took it an hour before getting high. (I dont have a scale currently because my most recently bought one got stolen 😮‍💨, but I emptied two 200mg magnesium capsules and then filled one full and then I filled the second one about halfway -- so as to maybe guestimate 300mg of this stuff. Yes, I realize chelated Magnesium and Proglumide probably have different densities and what not, but its the best I could do on short notice). I tested it by taking a little less than a third of my normal opiate dose, and low and behold, I actually got buzzed. Normally, at this dose I would not even feel relief from W/Ds, much less catch a buzz. Granted, the small high I got did not last very long, but it was a start.

Then infuriatingly enough, dosing Proglumide between what I guess to be 300 and 600mg an hour before dosing the opiates seemed to almost have a blocking effect for the next couple of days. Even at my normal dose i was no longer getting high. Which severely pissed me off, might I add.

Then I went back and read the vendor's dosing suggestion (which is edited and posted above in the OP). Therefore as a result, I took around 600-750mg of Prog last night, as opposed to taking it an hour before dosing my opiates. And low and behold, half of my normal dose of hydros got me about as high as my normal dose, which is obviously very good news.

So therefore, I would definitely recommend the vendor's instructions above. I am hoping that continuing this way (that is, taking around 750mg every night before bed) will get me back down to [or at least very close to] a baseline level of opioid tolerance. Problem is, i only got about 2 or 3 days worth of proglumide left, but that's more of a personal problem lol.

I am really hoping tha the lowered tolerance sticks, but we'll just have to wait and see. But the stuff undoubtedly works; and it works far, FAR better than any other potentiator or tolerance reducer that I've tried (and I've tried quite a few)...by a LONG SHOT.

I am also interested in trying other CCK inhibitors/ antagonists as well. But for now, things have been going fairly well with this substance. PM me for more information, if ya know what I mean.

Sorry, I have trouble using private messaging as I’m blind but if you send me a PM first I can then respond to you. I would be careful with proglumide in the long term, not because of tolerance, but because it can decrease stomach acid production thus affecting digestion and making you more vulnerable to foodborne infection. regarding proglumide tolerance, that was something I found on Wikipedia and it’s likely a weak and unsubstantiated claim. now, there is a Study which I’ll post The link to, which assesses the effects of CCK knockout on animal behaviour. surprisingly, despite CCK being one of the most powerful negative regulators of the opioid system, CCK knockout rats actually demonstrated higher pain sensitivity and decreased analgesic affects of morphine and of a compound inhibiting breakdown of endogenous opioids. The study authors demonstrated that this paradox occurred because chronic loss of CCK modulation lead to functional changes in MU and even the unrelated dopamine D2 receptors. instead of inhibiting CAMP production as they normally should, they instead stimulated CAMP production. however, don’t take this as a bad thing. The neurotransmitter systems and circuits that regulate emotion are intertwined and complex with some characteristics of a seesaw. I would love to explain this to you in a little more detail in a PM

aight so - it works very well - my experience is that it is best to take when you are genuinely planning to quit opioids.
taken along side them, my experience was that it was a potent potentiator and actually ended up making my habit WORSE
plus creating a very attractive want to up dose alongSIDE proglumide to, well, get higher.

I would like some again very badly, but only for the days I actually jump off opioids altogether.
Additionally - there is a tolerance. after 3 days i could no longer notice the effects. YMMV that was my experience.

aight so - it works very well - my experience is that it is best to take when you are genuinely planning to quit opioids.
taken along side them, my experience was that it was a potent potentiator and actually ended up making my habit WORSE
plus creating a very attractive want to up dose alongSIDE proglumide to, well, get higher.

I would like some again very badly, but only for the days I actually jump off opioids altogether.
Additionally - there is a tolerance. after 3 days i could no longer notice the effects. YMMV that was my experience.

The thing about tolerance buildup I saw on Wikipedia actually stated that tolerance builds up in about three days. like you said, proglumide is probably best when quitting opioids.

I can’t speak from experience as I’ve never done opioids, but do some people enjoy different aspects of the opioid Hi, for example some enjoy the drowsiness/sedation whilst others only enjoy The initial euphoric rush and slight stimulation. i’ve not found any research on this, just an observation I made by listening to the stories of many opioid users. i’m sure this could have major implications for successful halm reduction or addiction treatment.