View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

California's Database of "Gang Members" Includes 42 Babies

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
California's Database of "Gang Members" Includes 42 Babies

Patrick Hillman | 9/12/16 said:
An audit of the California State gang database “CalGang,” run by California law enforcement agencies including the LAPD and San Diego Police Department, has exposed shocking incompetence, illegal practices and some disturbing anomalies. The auditors, working on behalf of the state legislature, discovered “42 individuals in CalGang who were supposedly younger than one year of age at the time of entry—28 of whom were entered for ‘admitting to being gang members.'”

San Diego state legislator Shirley Weber was disturbed that criteria for placing someone on the list were amorphous and ostensibly did not respect privacy rights. So she led a charge in the state assembly to make the audit happen. “I was not shocked at all,” she said of the findings. “I’ve heard these complaints for years. As most folks know, my own son was threatened to be put on the gang list, and he hadn’t done anything. I hear these things from parents on a regular basis. But I think some of my colleagues were shocked.”

The audit checked on 100 people who were on the list and found that “law enforcement agencies did not have adequate support for inclusion of 13 of these individuals.” It also found that “some individuals are currently scheduled to remain in CalGang for hundreds of years.” The audit also found a total lack of oversight, public or otherwise. According to the report, a single law enforcement officer stated that he “enters approximately 95 percent of CalGang records for his agency, yet this same sergeant is also responsible for conducting any audits of CalGang records for the region because he is also the node administrator.”

The egregious shortcomings of this randomized system should give us all pause. Assemblywoman Weber has authored a bill that would require people to be informed that they have been entered into this database, which she believes will help by providing more transparency.
http://theinfluence.org/californias-database-of-gang-members-includes-42-babies/

Those gang babies are the scariest of all.
They will put a cap in your ass and then burp and cry for milk.

I didn't notice White Privilege as much on the east coast, maybe I was just younger, but in California you can't fucking miss it.

Family guy referenced this...

Congratulations it's a boy..
And he's got a gun!!

*bang* *bang*

I didn't notice White Privilege as much on the east coast, maybe I was just younger, but in California you can't fucking miss it.

So what exactly happened? That was not my experience living in areas in the Southwest where most people are Latino/Hispanic and/or Native-American Indian, where if you were white or Caucasian you did not have so called "white privilege". But I look Iberian so that helped in my favor.

Last edited:
cops doing something poorly? I am shocked. I bet they somehow get funding by having people on this list.

man id watch out for those baby gangstas, they prob have little guns too and smaller bullets can cause more damage because they bounce around inside you. these kids are scary, they might not be able to walk, but they can kick ass.