• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

California Poppy on days not taking prescription Oxycodone, bad idea?

cosmicsky

Greenlighter
Hi,
I have obtained some Eclectic Institute California poppy extract (whole plant in alcohol) at vitamin shoppe. I am prescribed to oxycodone. Only 5 mg, 20 a month. Also prescribed valium, 60 of them, 10 mg a day. I occasionally take a break from both medications, bc I have longterm health issues. I was wondering if, on the days off from medications, if it would be dangerous to take California Poppy? Would this possibly interact with leftover opiates in my system? I haven't yet tried it n I decided to go off the meds for the entire weekend so that I could try it later today. But I plan to take an oxycodone tomorrow. Would there be possibility of any negative interaction between these two? Or with leftover valium in my system?

California Poppy is a somewhat distant relative of opium poppy. Some say it does not have opiates, some say it does, some say it contains small amts of morphine. But that its not addictive like opium poppy and contains other alkaloids that cause it to be relaxing. I am just wondering if any alkaloids could possibly clash with each other. I tried calif. poppy once, a few times, in very small amts, but it was an off brand, so I don't know what it did.

In small amounts like on a bagel it's not dangerous. If you use a couple of pounds and make some poppy tea it could be dangerous. You just dont know how much morphine is in each batch. More than likely its not much and simply a waste of money, but the unknown factor especially along with the fact you also take valium makes it risky.