• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

California Cops Gun Down Unarmed Meth Dealer

^ pretty much.

that simple error should demonstrate the magnitude of purplekush1's goalpost move. he's been asked a couple of times and has been unable or unwilling to back up his claims with any substantiation...

alasdair

^ pretty much.

that simple error should demonstrate the magnitude of purplekush1's goalpost move. he's been asked a couple of times and has been unable or unwilling to back up his claims with any substantiation...

alasdair
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/...ot-down-136-Unarmed-African-Americans-on-2012

http://www.theroot.com/multimedia/beyond-trayvon-black-and-unarmed (this is not about trayvon)

http://www.innocentdown.org/

http://hiphopandpolitics.com/2012/0...urity-since-jan-2012-16-since-trayvon/!!!!!!- Of the 28 killed people, 18 were definitely unarmed. 2 probably had firearms, 8
were alleged to have non-lethal weapons.!!!!!! See what im sayin? ok maybe it was not exaclt the numbers i said but it still proves my point.

And this is since january since regards to the last post. I can dig up more stuff if thats waht you need to believe me. And also i didnt type in ''black people killed by cops'' its just seems that in addition to being cunts the cops are hella racist too.

I wouldn't be surprised if Purple Kush's off-the-cuff stats are actually close to accurate.

I'll say what I always say about data on Cuba:

You can't possibly know the extent of any trend involving cops because the people gathering most of the data are cops. Even a lot of the people that were found to be armed may have had guns planted on them. Officers do this. I know of this case from a few years ago in Miami:

Miami Cops Charged In Shooting Cover-Ups

Thirteen current and former Miami police officers are facing federal corruption charges, accused of planting guns at crime scenes and covering up the incidents.

All were members of an elite SWAT team or other specialized crime-suppression units, and one had served as an assistant to the police chief.

"These officers planted weapons. They lied about their roles in the shootings. They lied about what they saw. They falsified reports. They tampered with crime scenes," said U.S. Attorney Guy Lewis.

"They stole money, personal property, and guns from people being arrested; guns that then were later used or dropped during the course of several of these police-involved shootings."

In some of the incidents, officers fatally shot the suspects who were apparently unarmed, Lewis said.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=92550&page=1

That's just an instance in which they got caught. It probably happens a lot.

When you watch athletes and coaches being interviewed, you know you're getting incomplete data. They're not gonna come right out and say that there's problems in the locker room because Delonte is messing with Lebron's mom.

Assume the same is true about cops.

I wouldn't be surprised if Purple Kush's off-the-cuff stats are actually close to accurate.

I'll say what I always say about data on Cuba:

You can't possibly know the extent of any trend involving cops because the people gathering most of the data are cops. Even a lot of the people that were found to be armed may have had guns planted on them. Officers do this. I know of this case from a few years ago in Miami:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=92550&page=1

That's just an instance in which they got caught. It probably happens a lot.

When you watch athletes and coaches being interviewed, you know you're getting incomplete data. They're not gonna come right out and say that there's problems in the locker room because Delonte is messing with Lebron's mom.

Assume the same is true about cops.
Exactly, thats waht i was trying to say a few posts back. Its that the statistics i can dig up will never be accurate because who knows who many covers up they did.

Sure.. some cops are very, VERY bad people. That surprises no one. But to say a branch of the US government is entirely corrupt is laughable. There are a few bad apples in EVERY department, and unfortunately the worst of them seem to rise to the top. What does that have to do with a family man who signed up to put a stop to the rise of crime in America? Why is there no mention of LEAP?

You think LE WANT to ruin people's lives? That's utterly retarded. 28 people have died this year because of drug laws.. tragedies that should have never occurred. Yet how many violent criminals were taken off the street at the same time? And no, I don't mean the guy smoking the joint is a violent criminal. When you actually think about it with any kind of reason, you realize that these kinds of incidents are an extreme minority that is blown out of proportion by the media.

Should it happen at all? Hell the fuck no. To disregard a branch of civil service in fear of "psychopaths throwing you in jail" is bordering on delusional paranoia, however.

Trigger happy cops who willl be back on the force in a matter of time. Makes me sick. Id love to sneak up behind a cop being a bigger douche thaan usual and blast him with a cattle prob rpeatedly, strip him and tie him to a fense with a sign that says i rape kids lol

Trigger happy cops who willl be back on the force in a matter of time. Makes me sick. Id love to sneak up behind a cop being a bigger douche thaan usual and blast him with a cattle prob rpeatedly, strip him and tie him to a fense with a sign that says i rape kids lol

This is an indictment of a system when they cover-up, lie to ,or mislead the very people they are sworn to protect and serve

Sure.. some cops are very, VERY bad people. That surprises no one. But to say a branch of the US government is entirely corrupt is laughable. There are a few bad apples in EVERY department, and unfortunately the worst of them seem to rise to the top. What does that have to do with a family man who signed up to put a stop to the rise of crime in America? Why is there no mention of LEAP?

You think LE WANT to ruin people's lives? That's utterly retarded. 28 people have died this year because of drug laws.. tragedies that should have never occurred. Yet how many violent criminals were taken off the street at the same time? And no, I don't mean the guy smoking the joint is a violent criminal. When you actually think about it with any kind of reason, you realize that these kinds of incidents are an extreme minority that is blown out of proportion by the media.

Should it happen at all? Hell the fuck no. To disregard a branch of civil service in fear of "psychopaths throwing you in jail" is bordering on delusional paranoia, however.
I see what your saying. Im not preaching ALL cops are bad either. Shit i was let go twice with a warning for weed possession. But the cops were young,in there early 20's id say, and they had way bigger shit to worry about in the area i was than a 16 year old kid with half an 1/8 of weed lol. But in most cases there a complete dicks towards drug users. And this also goes with the ''i dont like your face so imma make it shitty for you'' logic most of them have.

By ruining peoples live an exmaple would be the dickheads arresting and charging a minor with i dont know weed or pills possession, thus making this shit stay on his folder and when he wants to get in a good college he is labeled as a drug addict and such. The other thing that infuriates me is cops always get off when they ''Kill somebody by accident''. Like all the time. Never will there ass be trhwon in jail for that. Or just being abusive. The 728 bitch who sprayed people for no rreason and was using excessive physical force and shit on people in mtl was acquitted fucking bullshit.
I like the idea :)
LEAP is not a significant demographic among current police, largely because they can get fired for joining.

Wow...this is sad

One of the main problems I see is that quite a bit of law enforcement takes a militirized approach instead of a may berry approach. We are all not criminals but I feel we are generally lumped into that category.

"Most of the people kiled by cops werent armed at the time of the shootings." is a simple claim and, if is such a well-established fact as you say it is, it should be straightforward for you to prove it with some substantiation.

thanks.

alasdair

It is not possible to substantiate this claim because the data aren't collected. I just ran across this article:

National data on shootings by police not collected

http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/national-data-shootings-police-not-collected

Looking for the number of burglaries last year in Devils Lake, N.D.? How about the increase in property crimes in Caribou, Maine? The answers (34 and 23 percent, respectively) are readily available from the FBI.

Want detailed information on how many people were shot by police in the United States last year?

That's not so easy to find.

The nation's leading law enforcement agency collects vast amounts of information on crime nationwide, but missing from this clearinghouse are statistics on where, how often, and under what circumstances police use deadly force. In fact, no one anywhere comprehensively tracks the most significant act police can do in the line of duty: take a life.

Full: http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/national-data-shootings-police-not-collected

Cannot quote much text from LVRJ because they sue people on message boards.

Its that the statistics i can dig up will never be accurate because who knows who many covers up they did.
you're not interested in facts or what actually happened - you just hate cops and don't want to listen to any opinion which doesn't agree with your own.
It is not possible to substantiate this claim...
indeed.

alasdair

I dislike cops. The times I needed them it took a long time for them to show up. The minute I threw a party or drove a little too fast, they were right there to take my money for a ticket.

In Pittsburgh I knew who broke into my house and stole my turntables moniter and pa system. Did they check it out? Nope. I had to go down there with friends and get them back.

If a cop attacks you, why can you not defend yourself? If a cop invades your home unannounced why can you not stand your ground and protect you and yours? We are becoming a police state in which those meant to protect us are actually hurting our society. There are provisions in the bill of rights that are meant to protect us from unreasonable militias, and bloated governments....why are we living under both?

We as citizens need to stand up and start a movement...if those tea partiers can do it for the wrong reasons, we the people living under this oppression can do it for the right reasons. The first thing to go will be the highly militarized police force. Military is meant to fight enemies...are we as citizens the enemy? Secondly, trim away all unnecessary government positions and denote political gifts from lobbyists as bribes. There is no need for corporations to be considered people...we should not need to pay for their follies.

Last edited:
A good friend of mine got charged with assault on a police officer because a small bar fight broke out and like 5 cops piled on my friends buddy and not standing to watch the pigs beat his friend with folding batons tried to grab him and according to the cop "made a kicking motion" towards him. Made no contact, they roughed both of them up and it was biz as usual. Fuck the police.

The problem is more cops should be charged with crimes like assault or murder in the second degree. Instead of there being an internal investigation and then nothing. We need the cops to have cameras on them.

glad to see not everyone on here mindlessly follows the trend of crying about the cops

personal biases are so rampart and evident its pathetic

i dont see any of you strapping up to chase murders down, risking your lives on the street
you believe the meth dealer selling poison but not the cop risking his life so you can walk down the street at night? fuck you

The problem is more cops should be charged with crimes like assault or murder in the second degree. Instead of there being an internal investigation and then nothing. We need the cops to have cameras on them.

cameras will be beneficial but...
to quote one of my favorite movies, you dont judge real time decisions from an armchair