• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Caffeine to help with Methylphenidate comedown?

derejrcar

Bluelighter
I was really tired today, took some ritalin. Now I'm havin a comedown getting tired and stuff again. Is it ok to take some caffeine to help me along? Just wanting to make sure its ok.

It won't help at all with the jittery restless feeling you may or may not have... but yeah, small doses of caffeine should be fine in moderation. Don't overdo it.

A lot of people find benzos and/or opis are useful for this kind of stuff.

get off the ritalin and switch to adderall. it has 4 salts that make the therapeutic effects much smoother. tell your doc you're having awful comedowns. mine switched me to the Adderall IR that day

If your comedown happens around the time you go to bed, just take some melatonin and try to relax. Or maybe even diphenhydramine (benadryl) if you are desperate.

Believe me caffeine is great for this kind of thing. Especially "methyl" drugs. Take an average amount and you will feel back to normal.

I also like drugs that act on GABA for stim comedowns they can be very helpful.

I find that a bit of caffeine can be helpful in dealing with the lethargy of speed come downs. Although you might make yourself a little uncomfortable. Even though you're coming down you're hearts probably still chugging along and the caffeine might give you an uncomfortable feeling in your chest. I usually drink coffee the morning after adderall or what have you but I also drink it everyday

Assuming you're using this highly hazardous substance with professional and legal direction, talk to your doctor about possible changes in your regimen. Look online too, there are a ton of constructive strategies to ease the methylphenidate comedown; keeping hydrated and decent blood sugar saturation are two key ones off the top of my head. Taking more drugs is not going to make it easier in the long run. Stay safe.