• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Caffeine blocks GABAa receptors?

yeah it's synergistic with pregabalin but that was not the point as pregabalin is a2d waves ca+voltage channel blocker and both those are not gabaa agonists just modulating gaba via first mentioned
Not with benzodiazepines or barbiturates (in my experience) but definitely makes Gabapentin/Pregabalin/Phenibut stronger.

OP was asking and stating that caffeine works antagonistic on gaba receptors while again the intake should be like very high, or I red wrong?

A BILLIONS TIMES NO.
Caffeine strongly potentiates gabapentinoids...like gabapentin specifically it doubles its effects
A billion times no to you, sir; exactly the opposite of what you state is true.

Caffeine prevents the anti-hyperalgesic action of gabapentin.

The activity of gabapentin to reduce hypersensitivity to pain is prevented by caffeine.

Caffeine antagonizes the effects of gabapentin.

You probably also suffer under the false assumption that gabapentin affects the GABA receptor, it doesn't, at all. Yes, gabapentin does increase levels of GABA in the brain but it does that independent of activity at the GABA receptor. It's a downstream effect from its action at the alpha-One-Delta-2 receptor.

A billion times no to you, sir; exactly the opposite of what you state is true.

Caffeine prevents the anti-hyperalgesic action of gabapentin.

The activity of gabapentin to reduce hypersensitivity to pain is prevented by caffeine.

Caffeine antagonizes the effects of gabapentin.

You probably also suffer under the false assumption that gabapentin affects the GABA receptor, it doesn't, at all. Yes, gabapentin does increase levels of GABA in the brain but it does that independent of activity at the GABA receptor. It's a downstream effect from its action at the alpha-One-Delta-2 receptor.

I literally take gabapentin every day. What I said I 100% correct. Many, many people get the same effect I do. I was speaking about the recreational effects, though. It doesn't seem to affect the analgesic effects either way.

^Oh, I do wanna add - for safety reasons - caffeine definitely DOES decrease anti-convulsant effects of Gabapentin, so don't combine it was caffeine if you take it for seizures.