Caffeine amount for pre wokout

pragke

Greenlighter
Hi there,

natty lifter here. a few weeks ago I had 800mg caffeine PWO, and broke my squat pr that day. I had an amazing workout and my legs were sore for a whole week.

i have very low tolerance to caffeine; i dont drink coffee or energy drinks. 200mg at mid day stops me sleeping that night.

It is safe to consume this amount of caffeine say once a month for pwo? Could i have a 1 gram or more or would i suffer problems like adrenal failure? Googled around and found out the lethal dose is like 7g, not much other info available on high doses. im 5ft8 133lb

Thanks for reading

caffeine can be quite harsh on the heart if used in such high doses continuosly

Originally Posted by bernax
caffeine can be quite harsh on the heart if used in such high doses continuously

Where have you heard that? Caffeine is a pretty mild stimulant.

I use 400mg before training.

High dose caffeine can increase blood pressure, this is not good for long term heart health...

250mg would be my ideal max for caffeine... 800mg is far too much IMO..!!

Even using a 'fat burner' like OxyShred as a PWO just for the little bit of caffeine still pisses my guts off, and it wouldn't be more than say 160mg

On the flipside sometimes when I've double-scooped an actual PWO like this one, so around 360mg, depending on how intensely I get into my session I won't notice any caffeine-sides like churning guts haha

200mg caffeine and 25mg ephedrine. You'll never use a pre-workout again

800mg?? good lawd. I've been using pure caffeine for my morning wakeup and sometimes a preworkout. I usually put 150-200mg if I do use it as a pwo. My heart would be pounding so hard I would be too scared to do any exercise on 800mg caffeine.

I was using Optimum Nutritions Amino Energy supplement that contains green tea and green coffee extract , the total amount of Caffeine was 100mg per serving and that was plenty, amazing highly recommended product,

Just straight caffeine I would take 200mg if it's pills but 2 cans of red bull drank in 1 drink is better.

Fuck 800mg mate that's asking for attack, Caffeine and training can and does make my BP go through the roof

200mg of caffeine and 24mg of ephedrine is perfect for me pre-workout, I have been using it on and off for probably 2 years now and it still does me good, no need to dose any higher. I notice no negative sides, I actually measured my BP yesterday about 1.5 hours after dosing and it was 120/78, and heart rate is only 5-10 points above what it would be without.

I wouldn't recommend starting at this dose, something like 100mg caff + 8-16mg eph for a couple weeks for your body to get used to it would be a good starting point.

Could i stack 25mg ephedrine with 400mg caffeine or is that asking for trouble?

Had a quick google of ephedrine, and its effects from what i gathered are similar to that of a high dose of caffeine. Does one gain tolerance from ephedrine like caffeine? and is there withdrawal from it after long term use?

Could i stack 25mg ephedrine with 400mg caffeine or is that asking for trouble?

Had a quick google of ephedrine, and its effects from what i gathered are similar to that of a high dose of caffeine. Does one gain tolerance from ephedrine like caffeine? and is there withdrawal from it after long term use?

If you have a pretty good tolerance to stims then that probably wouldn't be too bad but 400mg of caffiene is pushing it, I would try 300mg first and see how you feel.

I get no withdrawls or anything from ephedrine but some minor lethargy and headaches for the first couple days of no caffiene. Although I usually always have coffee in the AM anyways so that generally isn't a problem.

If you have a pretty good tolerance to stims then that probably wouldn't be too bad but 400mg of caffiene is pushing it, I would try 300mg first and see how you feel.

I get no withdrawls or anything from ephedrine but some minor lethargy and headaches for the first couple days of no caffiene. Although I usually always have coffee in the AM anyways so that generally isn't a problem.

I have no tolerance, and i disagree with 400mg as being 'pushing it' as 800mg was ok. It kept my heart up for like 2 days though, which is the only downside i can see with big doses. disregarding insomnia of course

Had a longer search. a few people from bb forum mentioned they had no sides from ephedrine withdrawal, apart from 1 guy having headaches. does this mean i won't build tolerance from it?

You will build tolerance if used daily for dieting and cutting. The stimulating effect diminishes. I take 50mg eph with 400mg caffeine as pre-workout now as I've been on eca for about 3 months straight

I have no tolerance, and i disagree with 400mg as being 'pushing it' as 800mg was ok. It kept my heart up for like 2 days though, which is the only downside i can see with big doses. disregarding insomnia of course

Had a longer search. a few people from bb forum mentioned they had no sides from ephedrine withdrawal, apart from 1 guy having headaches. does this mean i won't build tolerance from it?

800mg wasn't ok, by your own words, your heart had issues with it..!!

As with any stimulant you will build up a tolerance, receptors will down-regulate..!!

Before you become reliant on stimulants to get you in the gym, better adjust now so it doesn't become an issue in the future..

I wouldn't really call that an issue, since that is a desired effect of caff, just not for 2 days.
Before you become reliant on stimulants to get you in the gym, better adjust now so it doesn't become an issue in the future..
Could you elaborate on this?
I wouldn't consider myself reliant on stims since I have actually only ever used them twice, and don't plan on using them regularly.

As with any stimulant you will build up a tolerance, receptors will down-regulate..!!

Is it just me, or is Daz's writing style here disturbingly similar to GF's? hahaha

I wouldn't really call that an issue, since that is a desired effect of caff, just not for 2 days.

Could you elaborate on this?
I wouldn't consider myself reliant on stims since I have actually only ever used them twice, and don't plan on using them regularly.

See this is where things stop adding up, and why you're being questioned so much.

Occasional coffee aside, if the extent of your stimulant use (for the purpose of a rush/energy, not just an energy drink or single serve of PWO) is limited to TWO occasions, you would have next to no tolerance to them.

With no tolerance to harder stims, and we'll assume for the sake of argument a "small" tolerance to caffeine from a daily coffee or two, even HALF of the claimed 800mg of caffeine would be too much. The full 800mg would likely cause some fairly harsh side effects (if not SERIOUS requiring medical attention) that would likely physically inhibit you from working out any way. At the very least you would realise you should NOT engage in physical activity in the state it would have you in. God forbid what your heart would be doing should you somehow manage to get into a workout on 800mg of caffeine.

I'm not calling you a liar; perhaps more along the lines of ignorant (not as an insult, but the definition - you simply aren't informed, which is fine). It's very similar to what you'll see in the MDXX section - people are convinced of what they're taking, without having ever actually tested it. Of course caffeine is likely not in the same boat as an illicit such as MDMA, where it's often faked or cut to hell, but still there's no way you could have actually consumed 800mg of caffeine in one go. You may have consumed 800mg of SOMETHING, but I'd hope that whatever your source of caffeine was, it wasn't 100% pure (like tablets won't be 100% as they need something to hold it together when they're pressed)

I agree lol. Daz sounds a lot like GF. And don't do 800mg man. Idk why you seem so adamant in dosing caffeine so high