• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Caffeine addiction?

I guess nail polish remover was a bit of an exaggeration :ROFLMAO: I may try the Lady Grey that Hippy suggested as the particular spice that gives it its unique flavor might be in lesser quantities in that variety. Maybe black licorice is the spice that comes to mind. Damn, Xorky.....now I have to google the mane of the spice.
It's oil of bergamot, which is a citrus fruit. And it tastes neither of nail polish nor in any way similar to liquorice. I think you need to see a doctor about your messed-up sense of taste & smell.

For those of you outside the US chai = Indian masala tea. I've never understood why in the US tea masala is referred to by the Russian word for tea.
'chai' is the Hindi word for tea and is derived from the Chinese 'cha'. In India you get street vendors selling milky spiced black tea and they're known as chaiwallahs.

It's oil of bergamot, which is a citrus fruit. And it tastes neither of nail polish nor in any way similar to liquorice. I think you need to see a doctor about your messed-up sense of taste & smell.
And I think you presume too much of how I think Earl Grey tea tastes to me and about the condition of my taste buds but I do thank you for your concern.

To each his own, eh?

Worst thing about the coffee for me is its physical properties, its consistency. Like a soapy extra membrane coating the mucous membrane. Eventually it causes a sort of dryness.

One of many little things that are easy to live with but actually unclean. Quitting it is one of many opportunities to improve this modern life by simple means.

Stuff like subsiding on grains or milk likely has similar, maybe worse, effects on mucous membranes. Not meaning to compare as such, just for reference.

Other than that i haven't noticed anything weird about my caffeine addiction. It keeps working as a drug, with some tolerance development.

Worst thing about the coffee for me is its physical properties, its consistency. Like a soapy extra membrane coating the mucous membrane. Eventually it causes a sort of dryness.

One of many little things that are easy to live with but actually unclean. Quitting it is one of many opportunities to improve this modern life by simple means.

Stuff like subsiding on grains or milk likely has similar, maybe worse, effects on mucous membranes. Not meaning to compare as such, just for reference.

Other than that i haven't noticed anything weird about my caffeine addiction. It keeps working as a drug, with some tolerance development.
yah I know what you mean.

I like it tho. I also like to chug anything down with coffee.

I'm on day 3 of caffeine withdrawal, and its no picnic.
Muscle aches, headaches, no energy.
I didnt even feel like getting out of bed this morning.

I was taking 100mg caffeine pills 3 times daily for over a year FYI

I'm on day 3 of caffeine withdrawal, and its no picnic.
Muscle aches, headaches, no energy.
I didnt even feel like getting out of bed this morning.

I was taking 100mg caffeine pills 3 times daily for over a year FYI

You should be at the peak or already past it, just hold on 🙏🏻

I actually am finally free again. From 2019 to recently I had been yo-yoing back and forth with coffee addiction. Thanks to working 7 days a week I just don’t have time anymore. (I only drink it on off days from work cuz it’s usually 2-3hrs followed by a crash.)

I don’t even crave it anymore, it’s nice.

-GC

You should be at the peak or already past it, just hold on 🙏🏻

I actually am finally free again. From 2019 to recently I had been yo-yoing back and forth with coffee addiction. Thanks to working 7 days a week I just don’t have time anymore. (I only drink it on off days from work cuz it’s usually 2-3hrs followed by a crash.)

I don’t even crave it anymore, it’s nice.

-GC
Weird thing for me coffee does absolutely nothing for me when I drink a cup of it.
But when I take it in a 100mg pill I feel great.
Taking it with L-theanine takes the jitters away too